was successfully added to your cart.

6 Kick-Ass Products For Adult Acne

skin
By February 15, 2018 One Comment

6 Kick-Ass Products For Adult Acne

Adult acne is difficult to tackle. First of all, why are we still breaking out well into our thirties? Acne is supposed to be a teenage skin ailment — FALSE! Acne happens to anyone at any age. But treating adult acne does take a special type of product. Teenage acne products tend to strip and dry the skin. As an adult, you need to preserve all the moisture you have in your epidermis, so finding a product that treats yet doesn’t irritate your sensitive skin barrier can prove problematic. Until now. We tested so many adult acne lotions, potions, serums, and gels, and found these six to be the most beneficial for banishing breakouts. You’re welcome.

Honest Beauty Younger + Clearer Spot-On Remedy ($14) – A spot treatment made for adults with acne. This clear gel dries invisibly while the 2% salicylic acid attacks the breakout. Use as a spot treatment morning and evening. Rosehip and neem help to not over-dry.

TruSkin Tea Tree Clear Skin Super Serum ($25) – We actually found this product through rave Amazon reviews, so, naturally, we ordered a bottle to see if it lived up to its hype — and it does. The serum contains a myriad of fabulous ingredients that treat, soothe, and even skin tones. With 20% vitamin C, 3.5% niacinamide, 2.5% retinol, 5% hyaluronic acid, and 2% salicylic acid, it’s like a bottle of magic that’ll tackle just about any acne-related ailment. Note to self: If you’re skin goes crazy from too many active ingredients, this product isn’t for you. It’s very active.

Image Skincare Clear Cell Medicated Acne Lotion ($22) – 5% benzoyl peroxide fights acne and breakout bacterias, while lilac and chamomile soothe. The oil-free lotion can be used daily as a moisturizer, although we suggest layering another moisturizer on top for optimal hydration.

Tuel Rehab Acne Healing Serum ($50) – One of our favorite all-over acne serums, this lightweight treatment uses cajeput and tea tree oil to clear breakouts while mushroom stem and rice bran extracts heal and repair. It doesn’t over-dry the skin and it’s the ideal daily serum to use post-wash, pre-moisturizer to maintain a healthy, breakout-free face.

Yes To Tomatoes Daily Repair Treatment ($8) – This drugstore find is 98% natural and 100% effective for fighting cystic acne and blackheads! Its lightweight, oil-free, fast-absorbing formula can be applied all over the skin or just on specific sections of the face (like the nose). One percent salicylic acid will get the job done without stripping the skin of healthy oils, while bisabolol and ginger control acne redness. One of the best adult acne salicylic acid products on the market.

Trilogy Blemish Control Gel ($13) – A salicylic acid spot treatment that’ll zap that zit in its tracks, while cucumber, ginger, and rosehip soothe irritated acneic skin. Lemongrass and mandarin curb future breakouts. If you have to use a zit cream, this one isn’t so bad. In fact, it’s stench-free and effective without feeling like you’re using the spot treatments of your teenage years.