5 Tips To Achieving Larger Lips

makeup
By January 21, 2019 No Comments

5 Tips To Achieving Larger Lips

Plump me up, please! And hold the needles. If you want larger lips but you don’t want  to have to go under the knife (or needle) to get them, then follow these five makeup artist tips for larger lips. Plump that pucker au naturel (with a little help from our favorite lip products!).

1. Remember to exfoliate your lips. You can use a toothbrush and some vaseline or try something a little more sophisticated like Sara Happ’s The Lip Scrub, now in pink grapefruit, perfect for those Insta-selfies. It’s the one-and-only lip scrub you’ll need.

2. Use lip liner to outline lips before filling in with gloss or lipstick – don’t extend the line all the way to the outer corners of lips, allow the line to look like it goes on forever, making it darker in the middle will bring fullness to your pucker. Try any of the Make Up For Ever Artist Color Pencils The color lasts all day and they help from lipstick bleeds.

3. Overline that pout. Yes, this may feel like a throwback to your nineties grunge days, but lipliner’s having a comeback (haven’t you heard?), and, when it comes to larger lips, a delicate line drawn just over your natural lip will do the trick. Combine this with the above liner tip and you’ll have lips that scream come hither. I’m obsessed with the nude-ish mauve shade by Make Up For Ever, 604 Up & Down Tan. It’s ideal paired with a mauve nude shade and it blends like a dream.

4. Use a highlighter on your cupid’s bow. Model Jessica Stam taught me this trick and I love it. It really does give the illusion of wider lips. Try Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick. It comes in five shades, but I suggest Champagne Flash for the cupid’s bow and a dot on the bottom center lip to give the illusion of larger lips.

5. For some reason, lip paints paired with lip liner seem to give the biggest pout possible. Think Kylie Jenner. There are many amazing lip paints on the market, but Nars’ Powermatte Lip Pigment in Get It On is my favorite. It’s the perfect nude-meets-mauve hue, without giving beige death mouth, and it stays on for hours, between food, drinks, and even a kiss, while also making the mouth appear larger. Yep, matte works if you work it. If you can’t fathom a matte lip, gloss will always make the pucker more powerful. Dab a high-shine lipgloss on top of any lipstick for added dimension. Something that plumps your lips is perfect, like Too Faced Lip Injection.

Shop The Post: