was successfully added to your cart.

4 Ways to Summer-Proof Your Beauty Routine

4 Ways to Summer-Proof Your Beauty Routine

It’s that time of year again…late nights, bare skin, and #summerbeauty, heck yeah! Summer heat is welcomed, especially when it’s poolside, melting face is not. That’s why we’re tweaking our beauty routines, just a bit, to make it through all those rooftop soirees without breaking a sweat…or at least with our summer face still intact.

The ultimate summer-ready beauty routine: Brow gel, bronzer, and these tips.

Swap drying lipstick for tinted lip balms & glosses…

ICYMI, a glossy pout is in, just ask Bella. Give lipstick a break and try a wash of color instead, not only does high shine scream summer, but lip balms also keep lips hydrated. And who cares if lipgloss reminds us of middle school, it’s easy to apply and no mishaps. Perfect for summertime.

TRY:
Mychelle Dermaceuticals Lip Hints Conditioning Lip Balm ($13)
Glamglow Poutmud Wet Lip Balm Tint ($19)
Becca Liptuitive Glow Lip Gloss ($25)
Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm ($5)
Lano Lips Tinted Balm ($14)
Kopari Lip Glossy ($12)

Ditch heavy foundation and powders for tinted moisturizers and compact cushions…

The last thing we want when the heat is on is to be buried under foundation. We’re looking for lightweight, breathable coverage. Obvs, a tinted moisturizer does the trick, but we’re also #obsessed with trending compact cushions: absorb surface oils, blur imperfections, and impart a semi-matte coverage with just a dab (thanks again K-beauty!). Oh, and they’re portable, does it get any better?

TRY:
Romand Perfect Inner Lighting Cushion ($23)
Laneige BB Cushion Pore Blur ($38)
It Cosmetics CC Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation ($38)
Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation ($8)
Erborian CC Crème High Definition Radiance Face Cream Skin Perfector ($44)

Skip heat styling altogether…

The perfect air-dry does exist, trust us. Faking a blow-out sans heat requires the right products, and good haircare. Healthy hair will dry naturally with minimum frizzes and maximum body. When all else fails, a good wave spray (and these hairstyles) helps too!

TRY:
Dphue Apple Cider Vinegar Leave-In Hair Therapy ($30)
Hairstory Hair Balm ($36)
Verb Sea Spray ($16)
Ouai Dry Texture Foam ($28)
IGK No More Blow High Speed Air Dry Spray ($29)

And don’t skip the SPF…

SPF is commonplace in our daily lives, you already know why. Don’t forget to use SPF allover, your future self will thank you.

TRY:
Supergoop Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil SPF 50 ($34)
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 ($24)
Coola Full Spectrum 360° Sun Silk Drops SPF 30 ($46)
Tarte Tarteguard Mineral Powder Sunscreen SPF 30 ($28)

Claudia Mercado is a beauty enthusiast and writer, read more here.