Category:  weekly must-have

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | skin, weekly must-have | 7 Comments

I’m pretty psycho when it comes to my skin (I’ve actually had a couple of dermatologists ask me to find medical advice elsewhere…). Ever since my mother unknowingly offered me a magnifying mirror as a young child (the kind that lights up and magnifies your pores to the size of small craters…), I’ve been a picker. I know, it’s not a good look. But the smallest imperfection leaves me obsessive and totally insane. I don’t try many different face products… in fact, up until recently, I didn’t even use face cream (always eye cream, however).

But then a friend told me about Jurlique’s Calendula Cream (she hyped it by saying that Michelle Pfeiffer (right) swears by the products… and hey, lets be honest here, Michelle has fab skin!) and I’ve been hooked. The Australian based company uses all natural, fragrance free ingredients. It’s ideal for sensitive skin types (like mine). The calendula cream can be used as a face moisturizer or a cream for any chapped area of your body. It smells divine and works like a dream – never oily or greasy, always soothing and fresh leaving your skin glowing like a light bulb!
A word (or several…) from the company:
Calendula Cream is a powerful moisturiser for any skin type. Contains a high percentage of Calendula extract, which soothes and calms the skin. Calendula Cream is an excellent moisturiser for chapped or sun exposed skin.
Hey, if it’s good enough for Michelle Pfeiffer, it’s good enough for us!
Try it and let us know your thoughts!!!

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | makeup, weekly must-have | 3 Comments

I am definitely a fan of anything (and everything) that “plumps my pucker.” And I’ve tried just about every gimmicky product on the market from DuWop’s Lip Venom(which I love) to the outrageously over-priced, Lip Fusion XL (not sure I get all the hype for a $50.00 bottle of what exactly???). Well here’s another one to try… it’s colorful, smells good, and doesn’t sting like a pack of bees. TheBalm’s Plump Your Pucker Tinted Gloss even reduces the look of fine lines around the mouth area!
Here’s a word (or several…) from the company:
Formulated with a special combination of folic acid, menthol and vitamin C, the product increases circulation to the lips and reduces the look of fine lines. But the lip building benefits have only just begun. . . What makes this product unique is an additional ingredient called maxi-lip, which works cumulatively over time to create lasting fullness. If worn consecutively for 30 days, you will see magnificent results!

Plump your Pucker Tinted Gloss is available in sixteen sexy shades with corresponding sassy scents that will add sexiness to even the shyest of lips.
My favorites:
Bing My Cherry (left) – a sheer, shimmering, hint of red color….
AND
Spike My Punch (right)- a sheer berry/ fruit punch infusion.
Try one and
VOTE for your favorite plumper product!!!

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | weekly must-have | 2 Comments

For the most part, I stay away from red (red clothing, red make-up, red hair – my colorist actually says that the two hardest tones to strip from the hair are red and black – but there I go again digressing…). After all, red is a tough color to rock. Disaster is practically certain. But we’ve found the Bentley of all lip and cheek colors – Poppy by Stila. This creamy convertible compact adds the perfect hue to any skin tone – natural and sheer enough so that you won’t feel like Strawberry Shortcake or a bleeding (we’re talking lip color here!) Courtney Love.

I’ve gotta say that I wear this color almost everyday… my friend Caroline turned me onto the compact and since then, I’ve been rocking the red on my lips and cheeks… either alone (very daytime) or layered with other products to create an edgier, rock and roll look.
Here’s my girl Caroline and myself, both donning a touch of poppy:

To use: Dot on cheekbones and blend upwards. Apply with lipbrush or finger tips to lips and pat with a tissue. For an evening look, apply a clear gloss on top of the red stain.

Cameron Diaz is a fan too! She donned the look in CHARLIE’S ANGELS. Source.

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | weekly must-have | One Comment

Is your skin as parched as your body? Summer has a tendency to lead to dehydration (especially with this epic heat wave sweeping the nation…). I always make sure to moisturize – constantly – and to drink liters and liters of bottled water. But a true beauty secret that helps elimintate dehydration is on that I’ve been using for years. Hidden beneath a non-descript tin jar and costing a measley $5.50 is this week’s MUST HAVE BEAUTY PRODUCT: Rosebud Salve – it’s the cure all for anything chapped…

A word (more like several…) from the company:
Founded in 1892, the Rosebud Perfume Company set out with a simple mission: To provide simple, multi-usage products that are both affordable and effective. With the creation of the world famous, cult-favorite Rosebud Salve that boasts to be the cure-all for a wide array of skin ailments from blemishes to chapped lips to dry elbows, the family run Rosebud Perfume Company has solidified its place in cosmetic history.

Personally, I use Rosebud on my eyes to make them look bright and glossy and my cheekbones to give them a little natural-looking shine. Good for brittle cuticles and of course, fabulous for dry lips!!!
The models slather it on their skin prior to a photo-shoot because it adds the right amount of glisten…
Try it… you’ll be gald you glossed – guaranteed!