Vaseline’s Winter Skin Challenge + How To Keep Moisture In
It’s cold outside, hot inside. The changing temps are only further cause for dry, cracked and unhappy skin. I feel like I spend 90 percent of the day slathering on moisturizer and lip balm…. it’s like my skin can’t seem to get enough hydration! Are you experiencing the same issues?
Here are a few of my personal tips for keeping hydrated during winter’s brisk weather:
1. Drink lots of water – hydrating from the inside out really does help. Not a fan of water? Try herbal teas.
2. Don’t use harsh soaps (or anything with sulfates!) – During these drying months, try a soap-free body cleanser. It’s also important to remember to exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. Use a sugar scrub as opposed to salt – brown sugar is a natural humectant that will lock in moisture, salt will dry you out even more. Here’s a great DIY body scrub.
3. Moisturize directly after showering. Enter Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion, a body lotion from one of my staple brands. While I use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly for just about everything from chapped lips to unruly eyebrows, the body lotion promises to relieve dry skin after just 1 use and help heal dry skin within 3 days – without feeling greasy or sticky! Is this a challenge? I think so.
4. Moisturize again before sleep. I like to put lotion on my hands and feet… and then sleep in socks to let the moisture penetrate. The Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion in Fragrance-free is my jam, but you can also try the Soothing Moisture Lotion with Chamomile which helps to calm and relieve itchy dry skin.
5. Hot showers feel great, but tepid water will help to control moisture loss. Remember to give yourself a cool rinse to bind hydration.
Vaseline and Beauty Banter have teamed up to give away a winter hydrating package of Vaseline goodies! Details to come… And remember to check back after the New Year for a Vaseline Challenge. Here’s a hint: Me, skates, ice, freezing, and Vaseline!