Category:  under $10

9598242b0746020cec5cecf1e8b33445

Under $10: Orange Lipstick

By | under $10 | 7 Comments

Orange is the new red. At least in terms of lipstick it is. Just look at the myriad of celebrities sporting the bold hue. Everyone from January Jones to Jessica Alba is jumping on the trend. The reason? Orange looks good on every skin tone and every hair color (hence my reference of January and Jessica). Add to that that the orange spectrum is the ideal shade for spring and summer, paired with bronzed skin and little else. A true orange might look better on some; coral or peach will work well for others, while still keeping you within the trend. Whether you choose a matte, cream or gloss finish is entirely up to personal preference. Trial and error helps, but ultimately, to rock an orange lip you need a healthy dose of confidence.

Here, 8 favorite orange lipsticks for under $10.

1. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Electric Orange ($7) – A creamy lipstick with a very vivid pigment in bright orange.

2. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp ($6) – A silky soft lipstick/ gloss hybrid in a creamy pinky-coral hue with a matte finish.

3. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Sweet Nectar ($5) – A rich, neon orange that is on trend with the season’s must-have hue.

4. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon ($9) – If you like your coral with a side of red, this is the shade for you. The sheer to medium coverage makes this shade more real-world wearable.

5. Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Sunset Peach ($2) – A hint of shimmer gives this peach-hued lipstick a retro feel while still keeping with the trend.

6. L’Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Orange Tempo ($9) – A rich, classic orange with a subtle glossy finish.

7. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Kiss Me Coral ($8) – For the woman who prefers a bright and glossy lip, this formula provides both. A pinch of pink makes this coral less about the orange and more about the bold statement.

8. Maybelline Color Elixir by Color Sensational Lip Color in Mandarin Rapture ($7) – Protects like a balm, shines like a gloss, and gives off vibrant color like a lipstick. Very intense orange, not for the faint of heart.

Under $10: Best Drugstore Eyeliners

By | under $10 | 12 Comments
Best Drugstore Eyeliners

You can never just have one eyeliner. It’s practically impossible. From the variety in texture, hue and applicators, eyeliners are the type of product that begs for a stash – a few in your makeup bag, a couple in your purse, different colors, a variety of sizes. There are just too many options to choose from. While prestige eyeliners do have their benefits (for some, longer wear), mass brands have created some incrediblly durable eyeliners too. Whether you choose a liquid to draw a wing or a pencil for your waterline – or both! – here is our list of the best drugstore eyeliners for under 10 dollars.

1. L’Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner in Black ($9) – Glides on smooth like a liquid but has the consistency of a pencil. Easy to smudge, lasts up to 16 hours. Compare to Chanel STYLO YEUX WATERPROOF Long-Lasting Eyeliner.

2. CoverGirl Line Exact Liquid Liner Pen in Very Black ($7) – One of my favorite liquids for creating a cat eye. The applicator is short, allowing you to get up into the lash line. And the price is unbeatable.

3. Almay Intense I-Color Eyeliner ($5) – Subtle shade variations to bring out your natural eye color. Use Purple Amethyst for brown eyes and Brown Topaz for blue eyes. Try this on your lower waterline to make eyes pop.

4. Revlon Colorstay Creme Gel Eyeliner in Black ($7) – A creamy-gel formula with a brush applicator. Ideal for creating winged looks. Compare with MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack.

5. Wet ‘n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner in Black ($3) – Another highly pigmented liquid liner with a thin applicator that makes for hassle-free cat eye application. Comes in 5 shades for under $3! Compare with Dolce & Gabbana Glam Liner Intense Liquid Eyeliner.

6. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner Pencil  ($8)- A pencil that stays sharpened – and stays put – forever! This liner applies with ease and is perfect for above the lash line or in the waterline.

7. Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Sable Brown ($4) – This is one of my favorite brown eye pencils – and it’s so affordable. The hue is a bold sable that really makes eyes pop and the consistency is soft allowing for easy smudging.

8. Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil ($5) – These oversized pencils are perfect for mastering a serious smokey eye. They come in a rainbow of vivid colors like Pure Gold and Gunmetal Grey, allowing you to add a pop of shimmer to your look. The creamy formula glides on smoothly without tugging or pulling and smudges effortlessly. Compare with Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil.

Under $10: Drugstore Beauty Deals

By | under $10 | 6 Comments
Drugstore Steals: Beauty Products Under $10

For the love of a deal! We, at Beauty Banter, are starting a new section called “Under $10” where we’ll pick our current favorite beauty buys for under 10 dollars. Being beautiful shouldn’t cost a month’s salary… and there are tons of great finds that won’t break the bank. If you have a must-have for under 10 dollars, please let us know by leaving a comment below!

Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up Concealer ($9.99) – This thick cover-all is most similar to Laura Mercier’s Undercover Pot, but for less than half the price. Comes in 4 shades and will cover even the most stubborn of dark circles.

Yes To Cucumbers Shampoo and Conditioner ($7.99 each) – A bargain find for those wanting a sulfate-free, color-safe formula. Yes To Cucumbers Shampoo and Conditioner is one of my favorite drugstore deals… 99% natural ingredients for 8 bucks.

Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo ($4.49) – I love me some dry shampoo. While my brand of choice has always been Klorane, Suave’s version of the spray-and-go must-have is just as fabulous, providing volume, soaking up unwanted oils at the root and masking unpleasant second-day hair odor. Love, love, love!

Maybelline Volum Express Mascara ($7.79) – One of celebrity makeup artist Nico Guilis’ top 10 spring picks, this mascara gives volume to your lashes for literally a fraction of the price of comparable ones like DiorShow. And it’s waterproof so it’ll last throughout the day… well into night.

CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain ($7.89) – Just-bitten natural color that stains your lips and lasts all day. While the actual marker dries up a bit quicker than I’d like, the shades are amazingly wearable and they give great color. Compare with Josie Maran’s Magic Marker. Favorite hues for Spring: Flirty Nude, Scarlet Pucker and Plum Pout.

e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder ($3.00) – At 3 dollars, this blush and bronzer duo is a serious steal. Literally the exact color as Nars’ Blush/Bronzer Duo in Desire and Laguna (for $41). Contour, shade, and add a golden glow with the bronzing powder while the hot pink blush gives the perfect spring flush to cheeks. LOVE THIS!

Drugstore Find: Makeup Remover

By | skin, under $10 | 9 Comments

Just in case you still have some makeup left over from Halloween night, this post will come in handy.

Physician’s Formula Organic Wear has created a 100 % natural origin Facial Makeup Remover Towelette and I’m LOVING them. They’re perfect for taking off makeup — non abrasive, non irritating, great for sensitive skin types — and amazing for cleaning makeup brushes as well. I loathe a dirty makeup brush. Not anymore. Use once, wipe on the towelette and I’m good to go. But my favorite part has got to be that these towelettes — 25 in a case — are free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, synthetic color and fragrance and cruelty free. They’re also infused with organic aloe vera extract to condition the skin, Eco-Olive to shield the skin, OrganiSoy to nourish the skin and Organic Lavender Essential Oil to calm the skin.

The concept also comes in Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Eye Makeup Remover Pads specifically designed with Organic Cucumber Extract to soothe the delicate skin of the eye area while removing makeup without the greasy residue.

I love me a product that’s good for the environment and good for my skin too. Sigh.

PRICE TAG: $9.95