Under $10: Winter Essentials

favorites
By February 22, 2017 9 Comments
3f9893b2d4e16ca5b3ebcea88fc4a282

Under $10: Winter Essentials

Winter wages war on our skin, hair, and nails. Even though spring is just around the corner, you wouldn’t know it by the grey skies and dry climate. There are plenty of products that promise to alleviate the effects of winter’s skincare woes, but we’re on the hunt for the best products to combat these predictable issues at a fraction of the prestige brand pricing.

Below, eight great products to help you through these last, brutal days of winter, all for under $10: (We’ve sprinkled in a few color essentials as well; black liner plus red lips equals the perfect evergreen look).

c900x405

1. Wet ‘N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Liner ($4) – Winter calls for black liner. Period. Whether you choose to create a goth eye, a cat eye or a simple kitten wing, this drugstore find will leave your eyes in the winter spirit. It’s remarkably similar to MAC’s Fluidline Eyeliner Gel, yet at a third of the price.

2. Nivea Extended Moisture Body Lotion ($8) – Come winter, I am constantly slathering moisturizer on my body. I loathe the feeling of dry, brittle, cracked skin. This non-greasy lotion aids in hydrating severely dehydrated skin — for up to 48 hours! I keep a bottle on my bedside table.

3. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash ($8) – Colloidal oatmeal soothes and heals while natural oils moisturize and replenish. This wash has a mild scent and is soap-free, dye-free and hypoallergenic.

4. Yes To Carrots Intense Repair Hand Cream ($9) – A natural hand cream that moisturizes skin in the harsh winter months (I am constantly applying cream to hands and elbows!). Allantoin and soybeans moisturize and protect while primrose oil combats dryness. I love this stuff!

5. NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red ($6) – Nothing says holiday like a red lip and this shade is perfectly festive. The matte texture keeps it seasonally appropriate. And you can’t beat the price!

6. Revlon Nail Enamel in Vixen ($6) – Colder weather calls for darker lacquer. Revlon’s Vixen is a vampy red that will most certainly fit the mood.

7. Aquaphor Healing Skin Ointment ($6) – A must for every beauty arsenal, but especially essential in the winter months. This multipurpose balm heals dry, cracked skin, lips, cuticles, hands, knees… you name it, Aquaphor can fix it.

8. Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream ($4) – Dry complexion? This cult-classic face cream will kick its butt. While I wouldn’t suggest this product to oily or acneic skin types, folks who love La Mer and Eve Lom will love this cream – and for a fraction of the price! The base is mineral oil so it can severely clog pores but it can also significantly banish dry, winter skin.

  • Aimee

    Holy crap! I just discovered your website and I love it!! The presentation, the articles are all divine! Thank you so much for creating this masterpiece of a website!