Under $10: The Wet Brush

Anyone with long hair, kinky hair, super fine hair, or thick hair — basically anyone with hair! — knows what a b*tch it is to brush out tangles both-shower. This mundane act is right up there with shaving legs and bikini line (thankfully, I have omitted these from my beauty routine, thanks to the magic of laser hair removal) — I literally cringe at the thought od having to brush out my long, wet, tangled hair and tend to put it off for as long as possible (hence, I’ve gone as far as to come up with a way that my hair looks great without having to actually brush it out — recap here).

The point of new beauty contraptions, tools, and appliances are to cut down on the getting-ready time — a successful tool will accomplish this, all while making the process seem pretty painless. And that’s exactly what The Wet Brush ($9) does…and all for under $10.

The Wet Brush is exactly as the name suggests — a brush that you use on wet hair, although you can also, apparently, use it on dry hair, too. The company touts it as the best detangling brush ever — and I’m inclined to agree. The post-shower brush-through, which I used to loathe, I now don’t even think twice about. I wash my hair, immediately brush it with The Wet Brush, and I’m done in 30 seconds. I’ve never tugged, pulled, or yanked my hair (or chunks of my hair out!). In fact, I don’t feel anything when I brush. It’s become as rote as…brushing my teeth.

Says The Wet Brush: “With its unique IntelliFlex™ bristles, the Wet Brush runs effortlessly through hair, detangling without pulling or tugging. There’s no pain, no tears–whether the hair is wet from the shower or dry; curly or straight; thick or fine.”

If the Mason Pearson brush is the Holy Grail of straight strands, then The Wet Brush is the HG of wet hair. You need this brush…it’s the best $10 I’ve spent on my hair in a long time.