Under $10: Orange Lipstick
Orange is the new red. At least in terms of lipstick it is. Just look at the myriad of celebrities sporting the bold hue. Everyone from January Jones to Jessica Alba is jumping on the trend. The reason? Orange looks good on every skin tone and every hair color (hence my reference of January and Jessica). Add to that that the orange spectrum is the ideal shade for spring and summer, paired with bronzed skin and little else. A true orange might look better on some; coral or peach will work well for others, while still keeping you within the trend. Whether you choose a matte, cream or gloss finish is entirely up to personal preference. Trial and error helps, but ultimately, to rock an orange lip you need a healthy dose of confidence.
Here, 8 favorite orange lipsticks for under $10.
1. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Electric Orange ($7) – A creamy lipstick with a very vivid pigment in bright orange.
2. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp ($6) – A silky soft lipstick/ gloss hybrid in a creamy pinky-coral hue with a matte finish.
3. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Sweet Nectar ($5) – A rich, neon orange that is on trend with the season’s must-have hue.
4. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon ($9) – If you like your coral with a side of red, this is the shade for you. The sheer to medium coverage makes this shade more real-world wearable.
5. Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Sunset Peach ($2) – A hint of shimmer gives this peach-hued lipstick a retro feel while still keeping with the trend.
6. L’Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Orange Tempo ($9) – A rich, classic orange with a subtle glossy finish.
7. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Kiss Me Coral ($8) – For the woman who prefers a bright and glossy lip, this formula provides both. A pinch of pink makes this coral less about the orange and more about the bold statement.
8. Maybelline Color Elixir by Color Sensational Lip Color in Mandarin Rapture ($7) – Protects like a balm, shines like a gloss, and gives off vibrant color like a lipstick. Very intense orange, not for the faint of heart.