Under $10:
Mascara

Best Mascara's for under $10

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: mascara is a female rite of passage… like bearing children, or wearing sky high stilettos. While you can find some amazing mascara formulations from prestige brands, you don’t necessarily have to shell out major cash to elongate your lashes. In fact, some of my favorite mascaras on the market are of the drugstore variety. Here’s the thing about mascara: no matter what, mascara will always dry out (mainly due to the alcohol content in the formulas)– and old mascara gives way to clumps, flaking and raccoon eyes. Why not save some dough and pick up a drugstore mascara that is just as good – if not better – than the high-end ones?

Here are some amazing mascaras for under $10:

CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara, Very Black 800 ($6) – One of my all-time favorite mascaras (holy grail material), this formula lengthens, volumizes and declumps. Plus, the plastic applicator really gets into the lashes to separate.LOVE.

Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Mascara Blackest Black ($7) – Maybelline manufactures a variety of HG-worthy mascaras, but this one is at the top of the list. The plastic wand is small enough to hug the lash line while coating and separating each lash for 8 times more volume.

L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess Black ($9) – This newly launched mascara has a specialized wand with extra bristles for intense separation, volume, and that coveted fanned-out look.

e.l.f. 3-in-1 Mascara ($3) – Just because of the bargain price doesn’t mean that your lashes will miss out on big hitting elements like lengthening and volume. Love the wand, it reminds me of Givenchy’s Noir Couture 4-in-1 (for 10 times the price!).

CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara ($7) - The clump-free brush separates and adds volume while the slightly colored formulas give your eyes a brighter look and feel. For brown eyes, use Black Gold; for blue eyes use Black Sapphire.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara Extreme Black ($9) – Natural Grow-Lash Complex works to lengthen lashes by 117% in just 30 days. While it will lengthen instantly, long-term effects are why this mascara is HG-worthy.

Almay One Coat Get Up And Grow Mascara ($8) – Lengthens and strengthens lashes and is ideal for sensitive eyes. The wand shape aids in reaching all lashes, including those itsy-bitsy ones.

Have a favorite mascara for under 10 dollars? Let us know in the comment section below!

tagged in: ,

related posts:

Under $10: Drugstore Beauty Deals
Under $10: Best Drugstore Hair Products
Under $10: Orange Lipstick

1 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Pingback: Friday Links - Full Clutch on June 14, 2013

5 Comments

  1. Rachel
    June 10, 2013

    L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes is my favorite!

  2. Monique
    June 11, 2013

    I’m going to give L’Oreal Million Lashes a try. I’ve been looking for a great mascara for a while.

  3. Brittney
    June 17, 2013

    I adore mascara! It tends to create a look that makes me feel super sexy. I love CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara. It is a must have product. If you haven’t tried it you are really missing out. You will be amazed with the results and it is inexpensive.

  4. Maddie
    July 18, 2013

    I’ve tried SO many drugstore mascaras, and I would have to say that my favorites are between Maybelline’s Big Lash Mascara in Black and Covergirl’s Clump Crusher Waterproof Mascara in Black :)

  5. kellly
    July 18, 2013

    I’ve sworn by drugstore mascaras all my life. I like V.O.L.U.M.E. and hate paying big money for something that will be used up and dried out in a couple of months. I’ve been using Essence “I Love Extreme-Volume Mascara” for $5 and it’s one of my favorites. I refuse to spend more tha $10 on a mascara. I just don’t think it’s worth it.

Leave a comment

post comment