Under $10:
BB Creams

Under $10: BB Creams

By now, I’m quite certain that everyone knows the benefits of BB Creams – but we’ll recap the important ones: protection, hydration, coverage. It’s the Asian multi-tasking skincare import that has almost made foundation obsolete. At the very least, it has cut down on our morning beauty routine by at least 30 minutes. Moisturizer, SPF, serum and color correction can now be taken care of in one bottle. Oh, the genius! And what was once reserved for the prestige brands, is now a mass market specialty as well. BB creams have gone viral. Which means that everyone should own at least two. Here are some of the best BB Creams for under $10:

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream ($7) – An 8-in-1 beauty balm that covers and protects for less than $8. Comes in 5 shades and offers SPF 30.

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream ($10) – Probably the favorite of the drugstore bunch, Garnier’s BB Cream, hydrates, covers and fights discoloration with vitamin C.

L’OrĂ©al Paris Studio Secrets Magic BB Cream ($8) – Prime, perfects, hydrates and corrects with medium coverage while it illumiantes skin with encapsulated pigments infused in an ultra-light lotion.

Rimmel BB Cream ($7) – Comes in 3 shades: Light, Medium and Medium/Dark – the formula primes, moisturizes, conceals, smoothes, mattifies, brightens, and protects. It’s rather sheer but lasts all day.

CoverGirl Smoothers BB Cream ($7) – A 10-in-1 lightweight, sheer cream with broad spectrum SPF 15 that enhances, hydrates, and improves skin tone while blending effortlessly for a natural look.

tagged in: ,

related posts:

Under $10: Mascara
Under $10: Blushes
Under $10: Drugstore Bronzers

7 Comments

  1. Tori
    June 3, 2013

    Garnier and L’Oreal are two of my favorite drugstore BB creams. I haven’t tried covergirl or Rimmel- haven’t seen these in stores yet!

  2. Naj
    June 7, 2013

    I love Maybelline’s BB cream. They’re so hassle-free and I found it easier to apply than the regular liquid foundation. I was wondering though if you’ve ever tried Korean brands? I wanted to know your take in case you’ve tried any of their BB creams. :)

  3. Brandi Y.
    July 9, 2013

    I love BB creams for their ease and effectiveness! I have found a lot to be too transparent and oily, but some have a perfect amount of coverage and texture. Oh, oh, it’s magic!

  4. ChicTrends
    July 9, 2013

    Thanks for the suggestions! We’ve heard good things about the Maybelline one.

    Best, x http://chictrends.co.uk/

  5. Tink
    August 7, 2013

    Maybelline is very good! I don’t use foundation anymore,I am 54 and love getting in the sun….I know I know, but this stuff works great and it’s all I need to get out and about without a lot of fuss.

  6. Sissi
    November 5, 2014

    Oh well- I rather spend more but therefore get a cruelty free BB cream- although a foundation is my better choice lol!

  7. Claudia
    November 12, 2014

    These look great- except the Garnier. I’ll never buy their products again after they sent gift packages to the Israeli army this summer. That was after the army had killed 500 children in Gaza. You should consider dropping them for ethical reasons. Otherwise, love your blog.

Leave a comment

post comment