Category:  under $10

Models present creations by German designer Karl Lagerfeld as part of his Fall/Winter 2014-2015 women's ready-to-wear collection for French fashion house Chanel at the Grand Palais transformed into a "Chanel Shopping Center" during Paris Fashion Week March 4, 2014. REUTERS/Stephane Mahe (FRANCE - Tags: FASHION)

Drugstore Finds: 10 Natural Beauty Products To Buy Today

By | body, favorites, makeup, skin, under $10 | One Comment

Living a natural life can seem difficult, especially when it comes to affordable makeup and skincare. But that doesn’t mean impossible… and we love a good challenge! Brands are finally hearing our cries to create products that are good for our skin and body, without being toxic. We’ve rounded up 10 natural beauty products that need to be incorporated into your makeup and skincare routine today. Alas, healthy ingredients that won’t break the bank.

Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm ($5) – A fan favorite, consider this the all-natural version of the Fresh cult classic Tinted Sugar Lip Treatments ($24). For the pout that enjoys hydration and a hint of hue, look no further.

Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Deep Pore Scrub ($6) – When it comes to exfoliation, oily and acne-prone skin types can do no wrong with this salicylic acid-based scrub. Gentle yet effective, blackheads are obliterated while skin is left clean and clear. In fact, the entire line is an ideal choice for acneic skin, with an ideal price tag!

Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap in Lavender ($11) – This natural body wash invigorates the senses with certified organic oils and essential oils that’ll leave your body clean and oh-so soft.

Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion, Revitalizing Peppermint ($8) – Our love for this organic body treat knows no bounds – it absorbs quickly into the skin, hydrates, and leaves a lingering peppermint scent. Plus, it’s great for super hot and balmy days and nights as the peppermint is a natural cooling agent to calm and cool off the body.

Yes To Carrots Super Rich Body Butter ($9) – If your skin requires a more intense hydration, the Yes To range offers this uniquely satisfying body butter. It’s thick, creamy, 98% natural, and the subtle scent is equal parts sweet and rich. Our bodies drinks this cream right up!

Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads ($8) – We heart a great on-the-go cleansing pad (like for after the gym!), and this one just so happens to effectively ward off dirt and grime while leaving skin clear and radiant. Tea tree oil is one of the best natural antiseptics, so it’s ideal for combination, oily, and acne-prone skin. Use on your chest and back, too.

Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel ($9) – In our humble opinion, this is the very best toner on the market (and it just so happens to be affordable, too). The non-alcohol formula means it’s safe for sensitive skin, and it’s a must for oily to combination skin types.

Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream ($18) – This 99% all-natural eye cream delivers health and effective ingredients to hydrate the delicate eye area while working its magic on fine lines and wrinkles. Great for dry and sensitive skin types.

Acure Argan Oil with Rose ($13) – A serious treat for skin – and the senses – this luxurious oil can be used on face and body to aid in fine lines and wrinkles and reducing the appearance of scars and stretch marks. The intoxicating natural scent will make you want to skip your perfume.

Physician’s Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara ($10) – Its tough finding a natural/ organic mascara, even tougher finding one with a price tag under $10… but Physician’s Formula is, by far, the best all-natural drugstore mascara on the market. It lengthens, volumizes, and defines lashes without harsh chemicals. Love your lashes and they’ll love you back.

Shop The Post:

beauty-trends-blogs-daily-beauty-reporter-red-lipstick-girl

Under $10: Red Lipsticks + How To Find The Perfect Red For Your Skin Tone

By | how to, makeup, under $10 | One Comment

Choosing the perfect red to suit your complexion can be complicated, we get it. So, here’s a quick breakdown of how to find the right red for your skin tone. Tan, olive, and deeper skin tones look ravishing in orange-based reds, while fair and light complexions will pop in a blue-red. Medium complexions, a la Emmy Rossum can really go with either blue or orange-reds. And then, of course, there’s a classic red, which is equal parts orange and red and is considered to be universally flattering. So, now you know the rules, but have fun breaking them. If dark and dramatic reds are your thing, go for it! Lupita Nyong’o looks gorgeous in deeper reds, while fair-skinned beauty Kate Bosworth livens up her pout in orange-reds rather often. It really is a personal choice, so some trial-and-error may be necessary.

Luckily, you can explore varying shades of red on a budget with our guide to some of the most fabulous red lipsticks, all for under $10.

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in My Little Black Dress ($5) – A bold and universal classic red inspired by Kate Moss.

L’Oreal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Lipcolour in Zoe’s Red ($4) – A deep, blue-red for added drama.

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Poppy ($4) – A fire engine orange-red.

NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red ($6) – A crimson red that is, well, pretty perfect.

e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Razzle Dazzle Red ($3) – A blue-red that packs a dramatic punch.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Red Lacquer ($9) – A classic red for every skin tone.

CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Hot ($8) – As the name suggests, this is a hot cherry-red shade.

NYX Round Case Lipstick in Chaos ($4) – A bright blue-red hue.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick, Kate Moss Collection in 111 ($5) – Another Kate Moss-inspired red, this time in an orange-red finish.

Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Lipstick in Classic Red ($8) – Equal parts blue and organs-red, this is a classic color for every skin tone. Formula is more subtle than dramatic.

Shop The Post:

For tips on how to make your red lipstick last all night, click here.