Category:  trends

FALL MOUTH

By | trends | One Comment

Dark, goth lips are all the glam this Fall. But turning runway trends into real-life wearable beauty can be a bit of a feat.

Thanks to Lancome’s new artistic director, Aaron de Mey, we now have some tips on how to make the trend work on an everyday pout:

(the look)

Says Lancome: ” Debuting in November – Color Fever Gloss in Piha Black ($48.00) – is part of a luxe lip set created by Aaron de Mey. It features the black gloss and Color Fever Lipstick in Piha Red, inspired by the red of a Christian Louboutin sole. (A low-pigment black gloss is easy to wear alone and can be blended with other shades for a little drama.). Aaron is a big adherent of having fun with makeup, so the idea is to wear the colors alone or to customize your own shade by mixing them together. Aaron also loves to use Piha Black as an eye gloss, by the way.”

(the products)

I cannot wait to try this lip duo!
And, starting NOW, you can add yourself to the wait list by calling Bloomingdale’s 59th Street (212-705-2886).

Hurry, there are only 500 sets being sold in the USA!

Spotted…

By | celebrity looks, trends | 9 Comments

Gossip Girl Blake Lively at the premiere for her film, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 in NYC at the Ziegfeld Theater last night…

She looks FIERCE!

Great summer makeup (I’d say she’s using Tarte’s cheek stain Tipsy on those cheeky apples) – love the dramatic eyes with the glossy, frosty pink lips! Her skin has that sexy bronze glow (hope it’s a self-tanner and not from the deadly sun!).

And the hair! Wow, it’s gorgeous with full-bodied curls and the spring/ summer trendbraids!!! Although, these braids are randomly placed along the crown of her head and they sort of blend into the hair in an effortless, natural way (I actually used to do this to my hair back in the day…). Hmmmm…. new trend alert?!

Penn Badgley does Blake well….

TREND ALERT: CURLY, GLAM HAIR

By | hair, trends | 4 Comments

This past weekend, Conde Nast Media Group presented the 2007 Movies Rock Event and it was a star-studded gala!
J. Lo, Fergie, Beyonce, Diane Kruger, Molly Sims, Carrie Underwood… just to name a few of the A-list celebs in attendance!
We couldn’t help but notice the HAIR… oh wow, the HAIR! It was so glam, like Old-Hollywood days… big, fluffy curls, low-key updos, none of that “I just woke up and rolled out of bed” business… this was the type of hair that makes for a major… TREND ALERT!
And we’re totally feeling the curly, voluptuous do for our Holiday hair!

Here are some tips to get the curly, glam hair:

  • Buy some hot curlers or a 1 1/2″ curling iron (I’m loving Conair’s 1 1/2″ curling iron with 2 heat settings for super voluptuous curls.
  • Get an amazing volumizer like Matrix’s Amplifying ThickLift Liquid Volumizer, the leave in treatment that creates mega thickness. Can be used on air-dried hair or with styling products.
  • Invest in a quality round brush – great for blowing out the front pieces of your hair to create added shine and volume (I NEVER blow out my entire head of hair, but I ALWAYS blow the “bangs.” It adds a little “winged” effect that I just adore). Try the Ceramic Ionic 3″ brush. “The ceramic barrel reflects hot air more than other brushes, resulting in reduced blow-drying time… fewer dry ends, less static & reduced frizz.”

Straight from the Movies Rock Red Carpet:

Fergie flaunting loose curls (P.S. her make-up is fab — thankfully, understated — as well)!

Kate Hudson with a glam golden do… great curls, beautiful color.

J. Lo looking classic… big, beautiful hair (not quite as big as her bulging baby belly)!

Jeniffer Hudson rocking tighter curls with mega volume.

Have a favorite? Let us know!

TREND ALERT: CAT EYES

By | trends | 2 Comments

Amy Winehouse wears hers to the extreme.

Angelina Jolie prefers a more subtle look.

Edie Sedgwick liked hers thick, and mod.

Gisele has been known to rock a thin-lined, wing look.

However you play, cat eyes are IN! And it’s ALL about the liner. You can use pencil or powder, but we’re loving the new liquid liner pens. They’re easy to use, last for hours and help to create that dark, dramatic look sans the smudge and mess.

Here are 2 liquid pens to try (both with amazing felt tip applicators!):

Borghese Linea Precisa Liquid Eyeliner
(left)

Cover Girl Line Exact Liquid Liner
(right)

Here’s a play by play on creating your very own cat eye at home (CLICK HERE).
And remember, make it your own… fat, skinny, extreme or subtle!