Trend: Pantone’s Radiant Orchid
Every year, Pantone chooses a color that will represent the 12 month’s to come. Last year’s shade du jour was Emerald, 2014 will be Radiant Orchid, a hybrid between rosy pink and eggplant purple. Says Pantone: “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
To wear the trend, play it subtle by using a pastel purple liner on the upper or lower eyelid. Try a bare eye and face and a bright orchid lip. Or mix the purple-pink hue by going bold on eyes and pairing it with a nude lip. Try an orchid shade on cheeks with a bright pink or red lip, too! It’s a versatile shade that looks good on basically everyone. Celebrities have been sporting the purple lip (Katy Perry) and lavender smoky eye (Taylor Swift and Amanda Seyfried) for some time now. To make it real world wearable, just choose a feature you want to highlight and keep the rest of the face as bare as possible.
So many choices, so many options…
Here are a few of our favorite products that embody the radiant orchid shade:
1. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Hoochie – An extreme magenta matte lip pigment.
2. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Orchid – Lavender shimmer.
3. Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Bold Blush in Outspoken – Cool lilac pink.
4. Nyx Matte Lipstick in Sweet Pink – Highly pigmented pinky purple.
5. Essie Nail Polish in Jamaica Me Crazy – A spirited magenta with shimmer.
6. Tarte Cheek Stain in Awakening – Glowy nude with pink undertones. (Psst – Great for lips, too).
7. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Molly Coddled – Opaque lavender orchid.
8. NARS Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Limited Edition Cinematic Eye Shadow in Rage – Electric orchid.