Trend:
NYFW Fall 2012 Hair

Runway hair is an interesting beast. On the one hand, the hair should be nondescript as to allow the clothes to take center stage. On the other hand, as all artist’s know too well, leave a stylist with a brush, a myriad of tools and a head of hair and you’re bound to get something extraordinary. New York’s Fall 2012 fashion week hair was quite timid and practical, however. The looks were focused on clean lines or texture, pony tails or feminine and down. While Spring 2012 was all about the greasy grunge hair, Fall 2012 is rounding out to be rather polished.

I asked Redken Creative Consultant, Guido Palau, who was responsible for keying the hair in shows like Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs and Rag + Bone, for the top 3 trends to come off the runway. Here are the looks he believes will make it to fall 2012. “American Sensibility,” as Guido has dubbed the seasonal trend.

The Fall 2012 New York Runways saw casual, cool classic hairstyles updated with texture or new finishes.  “Women are drawn to a style that looks chic and doesn’t take a long time. This was reflected on the Fall 2012 runways and these styles are the ones that are very key- it’s about updating classics in new ways.” Guido said.

Pony TailsAs seen at Diesel, Marc by Marc Jacobs, P, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein

Wearable, effortless-chic styles have replaced meticulous updo’s, especially when paired with rich, luxurious clothes. Whether simple and sleek or with added volume or texture, a pony is something a girl could style herself, which is always something American women are looking for.

Downtown Texture As seen at Rag+Bone, Diesel, Alexander Wang, Reed Krakoff

It’s a very simple look, but the texture is key, especially when offsetting these rich, luxurious Amerian sportswear collections. It’s a very wearable hairstyle as well- straightforward and effortless, but a little disheveled- definitely very modern, very downtown.

Polished Perfection As seen at Victoria Beckham, Ralph Lauren, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein

A sleek look can go “school girl or sexy,” but the simplicity of a sleek, straight look highlights a collection and can also go easily from a day to a night style without much change, which is something else that appeals to American women.

tagged in: , , ,

related posts:

I Just Got Nailed! PLUS Fall Polish Trend
Trend: Pink Lips In Cannes
Fall Trend: Voluminous Hair By Marcus Francis

2 Comments

  1. nike free 3.0
    May 31, 2013

    This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

    I’ve joined your feed and stay up for in quest of more of your excellent post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

  2. http://www.ninfosman.com
    August 3, 2013

    Very good website you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics
    talked about in this article? I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Appreciate it!

Leave a comment

post comment