Top 5 Cleansing Oils For Every Skin Type

cleansing oil

Top 5 Cleansing Oils For Every Skin Type

If you’re not cleansing with oil, you should seriously reconsider your face cleaning game.  Foaming cleansers filled with sulfates can strip your skin of natural moisture, causing that overly clean and tight feeling.  While you may be used to this sensation – and even enjoy it (especially after an extra sweaty workout!) – it actually causes more harm than good.  Turns out that while you want to remove excess oil from your face, you certainly don’t want to remove every last drop as a result of a harsh detergent.

A more gentle, yet still incredibly effective, cleansing alternative comes in the form of oil.  Here are our top five favorites for all skin types:

ALMOST EVERYONE: One Love Organics Vitamin B Cleansing Oil ($42) removes all traces of makeup while mildly exfoliating with fruit enzymes.  While this is targeted towards drier skin, my acne-prone/combination skin adores it.  In addition to the scent (thumbs up!), you’ll appreciate how baby-soft it leaves your visage.

SENSITIVE: Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil ($10) is hypo-allergenic, paraben-free, and non-comedogenic.  It will remove all traces of makeup and grime without even a hint of irritation.

CONGESTED: Sunday Riley C.E.O C+E Micro-Dissolve Cleansing Oil ($38) not only takes off makeup, but sweeps skin of pore-clogging debris and oil.  Your face will be so clean, even a microscope won’t detect a sign of debris.  One thing to note – unlike most oil cleansers, because of the active ingredients, we don’t recommend using this in the eye area.

DRY: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse ($42) is like the OG of cleansing oils. Before countless brands were creating oil cleansers, estheticians and dermatologists were recommending this product to melt away makeup and impurities.  Conditioning fatty acids make this formula extra-nourishing.

ACNE-PRONE: Erno Laszlo Detoxifying Cleansing Oil ($58) is perfect for those who shy away from oil formulas for fear of adding even more oil to their grease-prone complexions.  Charcoal draws out impurities while seawater and grapeseed oil combat buildup.  You’ll love the way it transforms from black to white so you can truly see it getting down to business.

To remove all traces of oil and gently exfoliate while cleansing, consider removing with a wet muslin cloth – we buy these in bulk.

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com

  • I have a sensitive skin and i swear by the simple hydrating cleansing oil.

  • I would honestly never even have considered trying cleansing oil since I have oily skin, but I didn’t realise that their are oils out there with other ingredients to benefit specific skin types. Might give it a go :) wiltinglillies.blogspot.com