The List: The Best Of Eco-Friendly Beauty For Earth Day
If you’re a total beauty product junkie (pot, meet kettle), natural products are more important than ever. Items that are made from sustainable and organic ingredients are not only better for you, but also the world as a whole. In honor of Earth Day, we rounded up our top eco-friendly beauty picks in this list of must-have healthy products for mind, body, and Mother Earth. Not to get all touchy-feely, but consider this a gentle reminder that the earth does not belong to us, we belong to the earth. Happy shopping!
1. Ideal for on-the-go application, W3ll People Narcissist Foundation + Concealer Stick ($40) covers what you want without a hint of cakiness.
2. Unlike many organic skincare products, Om Aroma & Co. Carrot Rose Serum ($72) actually smells good. The formula is rich in vitamin A for cellular turnover, but also lightly softens with carrot seed oil.
3. Almost as if it is personalized just for you, Tarte Lipsurgence Skintuitive Lip Gloss ($19) adjusts to your body’s pH for a pop of color that is universally flattering.
4. Locks can take a real beating from heat styling (although of course we advocate air-drying to save electricity!). Rahua Shampoo ($32) uses rahua oil to fortify weak, damaged strands back to their healthier state.
5. Your body goes through a lot of stress. Pursoma Ocean Potion Bath ($10) helps to detoxify and stimulate circulation. Bonus points for feeling like a luxurious spa bath.
7. No one likes visible pores… no one! Beautycounter Enlightening Treatment Pads ($40) has a slew of natural acids and extracts to refine and tighten.
8. Products that do double-duty are always a plus. Ilia Beauty multi-stick ($34) adds a pop of color to both lips and cheeks, but is also filled with moisturizing Vitamin-E.
9. To awaken tired, dull skin, try popping Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence ($85) in your fridge. A quick mist will wake you up faster than an espresso.
10. Sunscreen doesn’t have to be chalk full of harmful chemicals to protect from even more harmful UV-rays. Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 ($38) physically blocks with zinc oxide while imparting a slight tint on the skin.
11. Think about how much your nails touch your face and other parts of your body. Do you really want them covered in chemicals? RGB Five-Free Topcoat ($18) seals lacquer and provides high-shine without any of the bad stuff.
12. Not only does Josie Maran Argan Oil Mascara ($22) lengthen and volumize lashes, it also actually nourishes them.
13. When putting something on your eyes, you want it to be as gentle as possible. S.W. Basics Makeup remover ($14) is remarkably made from only three organic ingredients: Sweet almond, olive and jojoba oils to remove even the toughest of waterproof mascaras.
14. Want a sun-kissed glow that is anything but unnatural? Look to RMS Buriti Bronzer ($28). If it has Miranda Kerr’s seal of approval, it should have yours as well.
15. After a tough workout, wash your body with Marianella Rejuvenating Bath and Shower Gel ($28). It’s invigorating, gentle, and smells divine!
16. Clumsy people, listen up. Naturopathica Arnica Muscle & Joint Gel ($24) will speed up healing those random bumps and bruises that you always seem to gather. It also does wonders on fatigued muscles.
Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com.