The List: Swimsuits To Buy Today
Fringe, floral, high-waisted, and hipster bottoms: Summer 2015 is shaping up to be the season of a thousand swimsuit styles. We talked swimwear trends with designers Laura Poretzky-Garcia of Ete Swim and Morgan Curtis of Solid & Striped here, but now it’s time to pick our must-have, must own, must wear swimsuits of 2015. Below, our edit of the best swimsuits to buy today:
1. Vitamin A Esperanza Serra Wrap Bikini Top ($92) and Hipster California Cut Bikini Bottom ($84) – The cut-outs make it on trend while the hipster-style bottoms give way to fuller coverage. We love how this suit is sexy without being too skimpy.
2. Maaji Seastone Top ($68) and Hipsters Bottoms ($65) – The perfect bikini for those looking for added coverage on the top and bottom. We love how the underwire gives breast support while the full hipster bottoms lift and cover the entire backside (no skimpy Brazilian cuts here)!
3. Marysia Swim Palm Springs Sporty Bikini Top ($395) – If you’re looking for tummy support and added coverage on both top and bottom, this is the bikini for you. Our mommy friend swears by this get-up. Plus, the scalloped edges are a rather unique flair.
4. La Marée Navy Bikini Top ($120) and Navy Cheeky Bikini Bottom ($92) – If you’re a fan of the triangle top, look no further than La Marée’s updated take on the classic style. Tasseled detailing makes this a serious showstopper, while the bottoms draw inspiration from a more covered boyshort silhouette.
5. Zimmermann Admire V Tuck One Piece ($350) – When it comes to one-pieces, Zimmermann’s covers problem areas while still managing to exude sex appeal. It covers the stomach and supports the breasts with padding and V-wire for ample cleavage.
6. Eres Kube Satellite Cutout Bandeau Swimsuit ($550) – Eres, quite possibly, makes some of the most flatteringswimwear around. It’s pricey, but it’s classic colors and silhouettes will last a lifetime. This particular one-piece is actually a two piece from the back with a cinched waist in front to make everything look… well, more cinched!
7. Mara Hoffman Reversible Halter Bikini Top ($121) and Reversible Bikini Bottoms ($121) – She’s known for her colorful patterns and wide-range of shapes and styles. The halter is ideal for additional support, while the bottoms are more full, like a hipster bottom for added coverage. Somehow, with all of this coverage, the bikini still manages to exude serious sex appeal. That’s the beauty of Mara Hoffman.