The Best Oil-Free Moisturizers
Aloe vera, green tea, squalane, niacinamide, peptides, vitamin A, antarcticine, glycerin, allantoin, bisabolol: all ingredients that nourish and hydrate skin without clogging pores or creating more oil. These are the Holy Grail ingredients that oily and acne-prone skin types should be looking for in their face moisturizers. After all, every skin type needs hydration, but not every skin type needs the oils.
As we transition into fall, it’s imperative to keep skin moisturized and, as we’ve mentioned countless times before, even oily and acne-prone skin types need a daily moisturizer (skimp out and you could actually be aiding your skin into creating more oil, hence added grease and additional breakouts). For those who have tried the oil-based products that promise to fight oil with oil and have seen adverse reactions to their skin, worry not. You can still protect and nourish your visage against fall’s drier climate – and the inevitable aging process (dry skin equals more fine lines) – by adding one of these oil-free moisturizer options into your skincare routine ASAP.
Here are six of our favorite oil-free moisturizers. No excuses, ladies.
1. Sanitas Skincare Oil Free Moisturizer ($62) – Simple, effective, doesn’t leave a greasy residue but still adds hydration to the skin with a matte finish. We’re obsessed.
2. Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra-Pure Oil-Free Moisture with Chelating Complex ($78) –
3. Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15 ($10) – For those who want oil-free with SPF, this is the moisturizer for you.
4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel Bottle with Pump ($23) – Remember when gel moisturizers were all the rage? Well, if you still prefer the lightweight consistency of a gel-cream, this oil-free formula is a must.
5. Mario Badescu Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 30 ($28) – A lightweight, oil-free, no-nonsesne formula that also gives you SPF 30 sun protection.
6. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel-Cream ($28) – The oily skin alternative to Kiehl’s cult-favorite, Ultra Facial Cream, this gel-cream hybrid adds much-needed moisture without the oils.
Shop The Post: