Tag:  trends Archives - Page 8 of 8 - Beauty Banter

63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards - Arrivals

Trends At The Emmys

By | celebrity looks | 3 Comments

The 2011 Emmys were quite conservative, if we’re speaking in hair and makeup terms. No crazy bouts of blush or obnoxious hair styles to discuss. Instead, we saw a return to red carpet staples: dark eyes, light lips and a ton of fabulous blow outs!

Here are the top trends from the Emmys 2011:

HAIR

Exaggerated Side Part – A center part is pretty, but an exaggerated side part is elegant and uber sexy. Ladies like Sofia Vergara, Julia Stiles and Nina Dobrev wore this trend to perfection.

Blown Out Natural Hair – Sometimes, a nice blow out is all you need. Keeping hair down, straight and clean was a major red carpet trend at the Emmy’s. Gwyneth Paltrow, Lea Michele and Claire Danes are three of the celebs who chose this trend.

The Bun – Variations of the classic bun were seen all over the red carpet. The bun is a great way to keep hair out of your face and leave the focal point of the look on your makeup. While Rashida Jones chose a side bun, Katie Holmes went with a super high knotted bun.

MAKE UP

Black Smoky Eye – Now that summer is over, so too are the golds and bronzes of the season. It’s back to black. Nina Dobrev and Diana Argon wore a smoky eye in shades of black and greys.

Dark Eyeliner  – A red carpet staple, the dark, dramatic eye can be seen at every award show. However, the Emmy’s seemed to bring about the heavy eyeliner trend. Eyes were lined both above and under the lids. And lashes were out of control.  Claire Danes, Julia Stiles and Sofia Vergara opted for this look.

The Colored PINK Lip – While red lips are practically a must on the red carpet (and the Emmy’s saw its share of crimson pouts), the pink was quite the prominent hue! Claire Danes went with a brighter pinkish color, Minka Kelly chose a a bathroom pink hue (don’t know what bathroom pink is? Click here – I am almost certain that I made up the term but the color is phenom), Katie Holmes opted for a more subtle rosy pink, Sofia Vergara rocked it in a salmon hue with hints of pink (that matched her dress) and Zooey Dechanel went with a powder pink (which, again, matched her gown)!