Actress Meghan Markle is an undeniable beauty. Her good looks can be attributed to her swoon-worthy raven locks, chestnut brown eyes, and sculpted cheekbones that would make even a seasoned model envious. Starring in the USA legal drama (and one of our personal favorite binge-worthy summer shows), Suits, Meghan’s character, Rachel Zane, is a beguiling blend of wit, intelligence, and sex appeal – a Hollywood combination that we wholeheartedly endorse. The woman behind the character is just as fabulous.
Here, Meghan answers our most pressing beauty questions, dishing on her must-have products and insider tips.
What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler – because it makes you look instantly awake
2. Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment with SPF 15 – I have searched high and low and tried every kind of lip balm but this is the very best. Soft, kissable, buttery lips. I swear by it.
3. NARS Blush in Orgasm – a perfect rosy flush tone that brightens the face.
4. Laura Mercier Illuminating Primer – I don’t wear foundation unless I’m filming so this is what I put on everyday after moisturizer to give my skin a dewy glow. It’s not sparkly, it’s true to its name…”illuminating”
5. Nivea Skin Firming Hydration Body Lotion – I use this religiously. It’s honestly my favorite lotion on the market, it’s so affordable, and makes my skin look and feel amazing. I would buy a case of this at a time if I could find it.
What is your all-time favorite product?
YSL touche éclat concealer. It blends, it’s compact and if you’ve worked a 17 hour day and have nothing else on, you will still look relatively alive. Relatively.
What product do you buy in bulk?
Biore Cleansing Cloths for the face. They’re great to keep in the car and on your nightstand when you have those horribly lazy nights that the thought of getting up to actually wash your face seems unbearable.
Favorite hair product?
There are two lines I use religiously: Kerastase (masquintense & the oleo relax line) and Wella, which has a hair oil that I am obsessed with. It smells like vacation and makes your hair slippery and touchable. I love this stuff! It also doubles as a pretty amazing body oil post bath.
You moisturize your face with…
Kate Somerville Quench. I’ve been going to Kate’s clinic in LA for facials for years, and now that I live in Toronto for work, I still use the products to maintain that glow that her products give.
Favorite body product?
I use Dr. Bronner’s Body Wash in Lavender. I love the smell and it lasts for such a long time. (The almond scent is quite nice too if your prefer something warm and sweet). I alternate between the two.
Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
Drink lots of water, as we all know. But I also learned to add the smallest touch of shimmer to the inner corner of the eye after they’re lined. I use Chanel Cassis Eyeliner on my upper lash line and water line, and the touch of shimmer powder adds a brightness and sparkle. Even if I have no makeup on, I am likely to apply concealer and a bit of shimmer in the corners of my eye.
Beauty icon you admire?
Gwyneth Paltrow. I love how she has timeless style and looks chic and polished, but also embraces the effortless “rolled out of bed” look that all of us do on a daily basis. She just happens to do it better. Her makeup and style are spot on the direction that I want to go in.