Swimwear Trends Of Summer 2015

Summer is right around the bend and that means it’s time to dust off those swimsuits. As you’re getting yourself bikini body-ready, you’ll also want to be up on this season’s sexiest swimwear trends. And yes, there are plenty of new styles to suit everyone’s fancy. From high-waisted bottoms to underwire tops, cut-outs and mesh to stripes and florals, when it comes to swimsuits, summer 2015 is anything but a one-size-fits-all. We asked two of our favorite swimwear designers – Laura Poretzky-Garcia of Été Swim and Morgan Curtis of Solid & Striped – to give us the lowdown on all things swimwear for the coming season.

Beauty Banter: What are the big swimwear trends of the season?
Laura Poretzky-Garcia: Classic awning stripes, tones of nude, and florals.
Morgan Curtis: One-pieces, high-waisted bottoms, fringe, cut-outs, and mesh.

BB: What are the trendy colors and patterns or prints?
LPG: We love conversational prints like stars and pineapples. We also love any kind of stripe. Florals are big.
MC: Bright Colors, color-blocking, graphics, and placed conversationals.

BB: It seems that swimwear is getting more covered as opposed to skimpier – hipster briefs, longer tops and bottoms, full suits – why is this?
LPG: I think we are in a time where fashion is not so overtly sexy. There is a different definition to sexy, and it doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be half-naked. High-waisted suits and one-pieces are sexy in their own way, and so flattering!
MC: I think women are realizing modesty is even more sexy than revealing everything. They want to look classic and be comfortable.

BB: What type of suit should someone wear who wants to cover – or add support to – their stomach?
LPG: A great one-piece. We have one in particular called The Capri. It’s perfect for that problem area.
MC: High-waisted is always great because you can still show the skinniest part of your stomach right at your empire section. I would also recommend a one-piece that is covered from the front, but has a tasteful, sexy low back.

BB: What type of a suit should someone wear to cover – or add support to – their butt?
LPG: Something that is not tight around the thighs.
MC: A boy short cut will always enhance a butt – a little cheeky, while maintaining support.

BB: What type of a suit should someone wear to cover – or add support to – breasts?
LPG: Something with a little support such as an underwire or a pad. There are all types of great suits with these details. We have removable pads for support in most of our suits.
MC: For cup support, a tank cut will provide a nice hint of cleavage and also provide enough fabric around the body for support.

BB: What type of a suit should someone wear to cover – or add support to – thighs?
LPG: We love a great tank suit high cut ’80s style.
MC: For support to thighs, a one-piece helps to make the proportion of your legs seem longer and slimmer.

BB: What are your three favorite swimwear pieces for this summer?
LPG: Été Swim’s The Malibu, The Gigi, and The Capri.
MC: Solid & Striped’s “Morgan” bikini, the Anne-Marie one-piece, and the Bridget high-waisted bikini.