Tips To Sweat-Proof Your Makeup
Ah heat! On the east coast, all I can say is finally. But, wow, did it come with a bang. It is HOT, HOT, HOT! Not that I’m complaining, I love the heat. My makeup… not as big a fan.
Here are some tips to sweat-proof your makeup so it stays on your face – where it belongs!
1. You must wear a PRIMER. MUST. This is the most important tip for sweaty, humid, summer weather. I keep writing about primers, but they are crucial. If you haven’t bought yours yet, DO IT NOW. Click here to choose one to your liking.
2. When in doubt, finish the look with a powder. Powder sets the face. I love Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder but you can really use anything that sucks up oil… and bring it with you for quick on-the-go touch-ups.
3. Blotting Papers are a God-sent. Get the ones that don’t fuss up your makeup. You can use them in the car, in the loo, under the table… you name it. A quick pat, pat around the t-zone and you’re good as new. Try Boscia Blotting Linens.
4. Waterproof when possible. Definitely choose a waterproof mascara. The heat has a tendency to make everything run. Runny eyes are tragic. Try your favorite mascara in the waterproof formula. I love CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara in Black.
5. Use stains or powders instead of creams and glosses. Anything creamy or glossy will smear. Stains stay in place (I highly suggest using a stain for your lips – and it lasts longer) and powders (for cheeks and eyes) will sit on the skin instead of run off.