Summer Hair Repair

hair
By August 14, 2017 No Comments
summer hair

Summer Hair Repair

Summer may be the most carefree season, but it can also be the most damaging.  And we’re not just talking about your waistline from one too many cocktails and ice cream cones.  Hair takes quite a beating in the warmer months with heat, salt, sun, and chlorine.  Unlike other issues, hair woes can oftentimes be solved with instantly gratifying products.

Here is what we’ll be reaching for to get our hair back in tip top shape as we head into fall:

1. Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub ($53): Sand, salt, and dead skin tend to take up residence on your scalp.  Fun fact: did you know this can actually make hair grow more slowly?  To exfoliate and rebalance, use this scrub once a week.

2. Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo ($16): Sun and chlorine are not close friends with colored locks, especially blondes.  This shampoo acts as a toner for any brassiness, and is one of the only sulfate-free purple shampoos that we’ve been able to track down.

3. Oribe Glaze for Beautiful Color ($58):  You know how your hair is always incredibly shiny post-coloring?  Professional glaze and toner is to thank.  This product allows you to mimic salon results at home, which is especially necessary for lifeless and dull locks that have taken a beating from the summer elements.

4. Fekkai Technician Color Care ($25): Despite trying countless deep conditioning masks, we always seem to find our way back to this product that we’ve been using a Japanese straightening mishap in high school (#neveragain).  It’ll revive fried and frazzled hair, bringing it back to its soft and smooth glory after just one use.

5. Pureology Split End Salve ($19): It’s impossible to truly fix split ends without getting a haircut, but it’s certainly possible to disguise them. This leave-in product smoothes fried ends while simultaneously strengthening and preventing further damage. Count us in!