Holiday Makeup Tips With Sue Devitt
Holiday parties aplenty! This Christmas, while you’re sipping eggnog, singing along to Mariah Carey’s Christmas album (a favorite, I must admit) and kissing under the mistletoe, try a festive spin on your traditional makeup look.
Below, international celebrity makeup artist and product formulator Sue Devitt offers her expert advice on how to create the iconic holiday face.
“The holiday party season is the perfect time of year to get creative with your look. Use these tips for inspiration on how to spice up your look for any special event. “– Sue Devitt
1. For smoldering eyes try jewel tones all over your eye lid for a subtle effect coupled with a swipe of sexy grey or black eyeliner. To add depth and dimension outline your top and bottom lash line with a deeper shade of black or grey eye shadow.
EDITOR’S PICK: Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Sahara Haze
2. The best way to amp up your look for a night out is with long, lush lashes. You can achieve this by using a lengthening mascara. Apply 2 – 3 coats for bold dramatic lashes that stand out!
EDITOR’S PICK: Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara (the curved brush is heaven to your lashes!)
3. Keep cheeks hydrated and healthy with a glowing cheek gel in soft subtle shades. Nude, pink, beige, or coral work best for light and medium-toned complexions and berry shades are best for olive or darker skin tones.
EDITOR’S PICK: Vincent Longo Pearlessence Lip & Cheek Gel Stain in Water Lily
4. Most women wear a neutral or pink lip everyday. To switch it up for a special occasion – a deeper berry tone lip is the perfect way to do it. Don’t forget to add a touch of sparkle with a clear gloss on the middle of your bottom lip. This trick says “holiday” in a subtle and sophisticated way.
EDITOR’S PICK: Tarte Lipsurgence in Moody (you can add to cheeks, too!)
EDITOR’S PICK: Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss
5. To complete any look remember to highlight. Place a pale sheen eye shadow underneath the brow bone and blend well. Champagne or gold is lovely for light and medium skin tones and pale gold is great for olive or darker skin tones.
EDITOR’S PICK: Jouer Highlighter in Champagne
Merry Christmas To All!