Category:  skin

sulwhasoo

Weekly Must-Have: Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum EX

By | skin, weekly must-have | No Comments

My skincare routine has come to the point where my face doesn’t feel thoroughly cleansed if I don’t apply a serum, pre-moisturizer. I remember the good ole days of the 3-step routine: Wash, tone, treat. I’d even skip moisturizer! Not anymore. These days, I use at least 6 products morning and night. It usually goes something like this: Wash, tone, serum, moisturizer, eye cream, sunblock. And, at night, makeup remover, wash, tone, serum, moisturizer OR retinoid, eye cream.

I’ve been using Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum EX ($84) since receiving a bottle from the Glow Recipe girls in a Korean Vogue 20th Anniversary Best Of Korean Beauty Products kit. Sarah, from Glow Recipe, always has the best skincare suggestions (like this and this), so I was eager to try this new batch of products. While I could not read anything on the bottle, save for the title (the backside is written in Korean), I liked the clean scent and felt like it was kinda “natural,” so I decided to give it a go.

In a word: obsessed. It was as if my skin drank this sh*t up. Not that this serum is a surge of moisture or even an oil, it’s more like a tall glass of water for your skin — seriously. This lightweight hydrator soothes the skin without leaving any trace of residue. My face soaked it up and made subsequent products absorb that much better, too (hence the “activate” part of the name). No joke, I can feel my moisturizer penetrating deeper into my skin post-application. Now, when I leave the serum step out, my complexion isn’t as glowy and my face looks… dare I say… dull.

This is a can’t-live-without product for a healthy, bright complexion. It can be used on all skin types (even sensitive) and it won’t make you break out. It’s literally the perfect universal serum to combat a multitude of concerns without any downside.

I can’t wait to try the rest of this line: If the other products are as powerful as this serum, they’re about to become my face’s new bestie.

PRICE TAG: $84.00 (buy here)