NYFW Spring Summer 2017: The Eyeliner Trends To Try Today

makeuptrends
By September 14, 2016 No Comments

NYFW Spring Summer 2017: The Eyeliner Trends To Try Today

There have been a ton of titillating beauty trends coming off from the NYFW SS 2017 runways this past week. But the looks we’re currently lusting over are those created with eyeliner. Yes, the windows to the soul. From the Amy Winehouse cat eye to the I-woke-up-like-this kohl-rimmed lines, spring’s heavier eyeliner looks will make a great addition to your fall beauty routine today.

Here are our favorite eyeliner trends straight from the runways:

Slept-In Kohl-Rimmed Eyes: As seen at 3.1 Phillip Lim. “Modernizing the way we wear eyeliner, this season we played with the shape and left negative space on the eyes. Makeup is meant to look as though the girls danced the night away and their eyeliner stayed perfectly intact,” says Francelle Daly for NARS Cosmetics.
All you need is a steady hand and a great black kohl liner. After applying to upper and lower rim, smudge out gently with finger for that slept-in look.
TRY: Nars Kohliner in Minorque ($25), as seen on the models at Phillip Lim; Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black ($4).

The Thick Cat Eye: As seen at Libertine. “The makeup look created for the show by lead artist, Katie Jane Hughes for Too Cool For School, channeled a 1970’s punk rock London girl. The Libertine girl is naturally beautiful, but loves the boldness of a black graphic eye.”
For this look, layering is key. Use liquid and gel, or pencil and cream to create the dimension. A thick flick a la Amy Winehouse, with a bit more sharpness. Remember to use a thin, malleable brush. Nix the lower, graphic line as that makes the look more real life-unwearable.
TRY: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black ($26), Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush ($28), Make Up For Ever Ink Liner ($23), Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Push-Up Liner ($24), CoverGirl Intensify Me! Liquid Liner ($9), e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner ($3).

White Lines: As seen at Noon by Noor. “Noon by Noor wanted a romantic but minimal beauty look with the eyes as the focus. The eyes feature clean, precise and graphic white eyeliner, while the rest of the face was kept bare, glossy and healthy-looking with a faint hint of rose on the cheeks,” explains Uzo, NARS International Lead Makeup Stylist.
Sure white eyeliner is hard to wear in everyday life, but it is possible. (Check out our 3 ways to wear white here). When it comes to lining the upper lid in white, the key is to make it a show-stopper, so keep the rest of the face beautiful and bare, and make the white line do all the talking (and gawking). Keep the line simple and sleek and follow with a coat of black mascara.
TRY: Nars Las Pozas Velvet Eyeliner ($24),worn on the models at Noon by Noor; Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Snow ($22) Sephora Collection Eye Pencil To Go ($6).

Shop The Story: