NYFW Spring 2016 Beauty Trends To Try Today

landing

NYFW Spring 2016 Beauty Trends To Try Today

With New York Fashion Week over and done with (it’s onto London now!), we have one thing on our minds.  No, not new clothes (although of course that would be nice, too.).  Rather, we’re scoping out the runways to determine hair and makeup trends to start trying ASAP.  Although some fashion week looks are a bit over-the-top, many are rather easy to incorporate into your everyday look.  Here are our favorites, and ways in which you can wear the trend today:

1. Colored Eyeliner – We’ve had a love affair with this trend for awhile now, so we were thrilled to see it pop up again at Diane von Furstenberg, Karen Walker, Nanette Lepore, and Marc Jacobs.  Try this look instead of a bold lip for your next night out on the town.
colored-lids
Like the look? Don’t wait, try: Beauty is Life Eyeliner Cake ($25) or NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner ($25)

2. Air dried, twisted locks – Another trend that we’ve been embracing, air dried hair is likely not going anywhere anytime soon. Perfectly tousled and undone hair was spotted for spring at Timo Weiland, Calvin Klein, and Badgley Mischka.
2
Like the look? Don’t wait, try: Bumble and bumble Don’t Blow It ($30).

3. All-natural faces – Makeup that has you guessing whether it’s really there at all is the definition of understated glamour. We loved seeing this at Dennis Basso, Alexander Wang, and Altuzarra.
3
Like the look? Don’t wait, try: First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads ($30) and Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint ($26).

4. All about those buns – Tying hair back can be  a lifesaver if you’re having a bad hair day, or just want to show off your shoulders and décolletage. Whether you choose sleek and tidy like Zac Posen and Gabriela Hearst, or more undone like Zimmerman, make sure you’re mane is pulled back and up.
4
Like the look? Don’t wait, try: Goody Spin Pins ($6), Davines This Is a Sea Salt Spray ($27), and L’Oreal Elnett Hair Spray ($15).

5. Sweet pink cheeks and lips – A perfectly ladylike yet modern look that works on everyone. Take a cue from Carolina Herrera, Kate Spade, Ralph Lauren, and Michael Costello and dust a dash of rose – bold or barely-there – on cheeks and pucker.
5
Like the look? Don’t wait, try: Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush ($10) and  Burberry First Kiss Rose Blush ($26).

Images courtesy of Vogue.com

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com