Category:  makeup

Fellow Beauty Whore Recommendation… LIP GLOSS

By | makeup | 7 Comments

“One of the girls at work always has shiny lips & I asked her what she used. She uses Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss. I asked if she had to apply it alot to get that wet look she has & she said no. That is why she recommends this product – it is the one lipgloss that actually stays on for more than 5 minutes at a time. Being a consumate coffee/diet coke drinker this was right up my alley!!! She usually buys hers in the store for $7.00 a piece. I got online with them directly & they were having a sale on them – 3 for $15.00 – sign me up!!!!! So I ordered 3 – “Honey Do”, “Slice of Heaven”, & “I Want Candy”. They all 3 look & taste delicious. I especially like “Honey Do” as it has extra sparkles in it that really add even more shine but not in a teeny-bopper-high-school sort of way.

The beauty of this product besides awesome shine is that it lasted through several cups of coffee & diet coke without being stickey or gooey. Best thing since sliced bread! I would highly recommend these to anyone I know who is a lipstick/lipgloss freak such as myself!!!”

Susan Hedrick

A few of my favorite things…

By | favorites, hair, makeup, skin | 3 Comments

It’s been a while, but well worth the wait (I hope!)

On this beautiful and sunny Wednesday afternoon, I am going to share with you, fellow beauty whores, a few of my favorite things:

The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm – Why? Because it smells fresh, goes on smooth, actually moisturizes (yea!!!) and leaves the lips with the slightest touch of rouge… in other words, I can wear it daily without looking made-up but still looking magnificent.

Kevin Aucoin Super Soft Buff Powder Brush- Why? Because it is cut flat on top so, once dipped in your favorite blush, it covers the perfect amount of cheek… in other words, I don’t need to play the guessing game – where do I put the blush, how far up, etc. This brush does all the dirty work for me!

Cococare Coconut Moisturing Oil – Why? Because it’s a nice break from the old lotion routine. AND it smells simply delicious. And it leaves skin soft, smooth and shiny (like a wrestler, but sexy). And the best part is, it’s cheap!… in other words, I smell and look like a sex goddess without breaking the bank. I also love to mix oil with lotion and lather on my body after a nice long bath (post exfoliation)… there’s something about the combination that really makes the skin “pop.”

A Wide Tooth Comb – Why? Because it is the perfect detangler when hair is still wet AND it doesn’t break the cuticle or the tips. Also, since I have curly hair, it allows enough room for my hair to “breathe” as opposed to a brush which stiffles and suffocates the hair shaft… in other words, hair that’s combed is happy and healthy hair.

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Concealer – Why? Because everyone breaks out and who what’s their blemishes out there for the world to see? This concealer also contains salicylic acid which fights break-outs and reduces redness. So really, you get two in one – a zit zapper and a cover-up… in other words, this product is genius! (I use color medium 03 and I NEVER leave home without it!)

Tell us your favorite things by emailing

ALSO, hair crazed Jenny is back in town so if you have a question for the lovely Jenny C, email us asap!!!

By | makeup, weekly must-have | 3 Comments

Who hasn’t tried C.O. Bigelow’s mint-insfused lip gloss? (I mean, they were even giving them out at Coffee Bean with any coffee purchase!)
Well now, they come tinted. Minty fresh breath and a hint of color all-in-one…. I’m loving it!
My pick, Mentha Lip Tint in Pink. It’s super shiny with the mildest dose of light pink to glam up any pucker. I use it for day and to apply over other darker colors for night. It also plucks the pucker.
Can you imagine all this for 5 bucks?!

Photo Finish

By | makeup | 9 Comments

I finally get the rave.

Smashbox’s Photo Finish Foundation Primer IS all that. Applied prior to foundation, it not only helps to set the make-up, it also gives the skin a youthfull glow (sans shine). And it makes my face feel so soft it’s like I just had a facial.
It’s a fact. I too am a fan.

What primer do you adore? Tell us at!!!

Cupid and Her Make-Up

By | makeup | 2 Comments

Personally, I’m not a fan of the big V-day. I believe that Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark Holiday created for the weak and co-dependant.
But for the hopeless romantics out there, here’s a cute little Valentine’s make-up kit put together by my friends over at Smashbox Cosmetics.
A word (or several…) from the company:
“This V.I.PINK VALENTINE’S DAY EXCLUSIVE beauty kit is the perfect way to add a little romance to your look at a really pretty price (only $40, with a $95 retail value!). Accentuate eyes with EYE SHADOW DUO in VELVET ROPE (shimmery pink, warm bronze) and pump up lashes with FOCAL POINT MASCARA in BLACK. Add the perfect pink flush to cheeks and lips with SKIN TINT in HEAT and give lips a luscious rosy bronze sheen with LIP GLOSS in MAGNIFY. All products come packed in a super-soft pink terrycloth makeup bag with room for more smashbox essentials, making this the sweetest gift to give or get this Valentine’s at a limited-edition price! Hurry, available only while supplies last.”
I’m a huge fan of Smashbox anything, so I’m sure if I were also a fan of Valentine’s Day, this kit would be my must-have.
Until then, I’ll just pretend I’m doinf “research!”

A Fabulous Pout, Part Deux

By | makeup | No Comments

From the fabulous lips of Di Gaeta… artist, actress, fellow beauty whore…

“Okay, so now that Miss Howard’s already clued you in about TOO FACED LIP INJEECTION MASK, I’m here to give you the secret combination I use it with, that makes it twice as effective.

First, I apply onto clean lips THE LIP SCRUB by Sara Happ in brown sugar. This scrub is amazing because it uses real sugar (which tastes good in case any scrub goes astray) and the consistency is thick enough to do its job. Put a pea size amount onto your ring finger and exfoliate away in gentle, circular motions. After you’ve done this for about two minutes, use a warm washcloth to wipe it off.
Next, apply a generous amount of the lip mask, and wait five minutes till…Voila! Beautiful surgery free lips that will definitely have the boys lining up to kiss you!!!!”

The Plumper, The Better

By | makeup | 2 Comments
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Plumping Collection ($62.50 Value)

The all-inclusive, one-stop-shop for the plumped inept. Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Plumping Collection contains everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that you could ever possibly want for bigger, badder, fuller lips. The lip injection lip plumping mask is so amazing, it’s either the best gimmick ever created or the most fabulous plumping product ever developed. I haven’t quite decided.

The fuller, plumper lip pack includes, Lip Injection, Lip Injection Extreme, Lip Injection Mask, and Lip Injection in Technocolor.

And to think that you can purchase all of these injections without ever once having to step foot into a plastic surgeon’s office.

Go figure!

By | makeup, weekly must-have | 4 Comments

A dashingly handsome man spots you from across the bar. He smiles, exposing his pearly whites, and fingers you toward him. You blush, the perfect blend of reds and pinks.
It’s hard – practically improssible – to bottle up such a precise color. Apparently, the chemists at Nars have been hard at work doing just that.
The other day, a friend said to me, “People don’t blush hot pink. They blush rose.” Then she showed me Nars’ Outlaw Blush: a shimmery rose color that is as close to the real thing as you can get. I tried it… and immediately fell in love… blushing all the way to my local Nars counter.
This is my pick for Spring blush… CLICK HERE TO BUY!
Tres Jolie!

Jack and Jill went up the hill…

By | makeup | 2 Comments

…And found the most fabulous make-up made easy!

Meet Jill Ventimiglia, founder of Jack & Jill Cosmetics (the products used by Tym Buacherern, Head Makeup Artist on the hit musical, Dream Girls).
At a recent Golden Globe gifting event, Kari Feinstein’s Style Lounge, I had the pleasure of meeting this magical make-up artist. Her line is simple, a must-have for the modern day, multi-tasking woman. It’s about feeling pretty without the fuss. As she says, “the solution to the commonly asked question of, ‘what colors should I wear,” are in the Face in Case palettes, which are designed with certain colorings in mind and filled with the essentials for the woman on the go.” The palette’s come in 8 color schemes, all named after iconic beauties like, Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe.
I had the privilege of snagging the Lucy-Light palette inspired by none other then Ms. Lucille Ball. The company says that, “this palette of neutral shadows and warm blushes complement a fair, freckled complexion.” Although I’m not freckled or fair skined, I still gave the colors a try and I must say, not only did it totally cut down on my face time by having everything in one simple compact, but I really loved the blush combo’s of vibrant peach and deep plum. I mixed them together and it made a phenominal color!
All of the make-up is mineral based, thus it does not cause break outs and is suitable for sensitive skin.
Also try the Eye Palettes (they come in 5 color combo’s, 5 shades to a case) and the Lip Palettes (that come in 3 rocking color combinations with 3 shades in a case!)
Here’s to the inner beauty icon in each of us!!!

Evolution of Colour for Eyes

By | makeup | No Comments

Laura Mercier is really starting to impress me. First it was the face books, now it’s these incredible eye pallettes in Springs most vibrant colors. A must try!!!

I’m thinking I wanna try the pinks and the greys… pink is an interesting hue for the eye. If done correctly, it is tres dramatic! (If not, it looks like a retchid case of pink eye!)

What colors are you choosing for Spring??? (via Laura Mercier)