Category:  makeup

BACK FROM BRITAIN

By | body, makeup | 12 Comments

My internet connection wasn’t working properly but I’m back in the states and ready to dish on my fave british products!!!

Jo Malone French Lime Blossom Bath Oil – Superbly subtle and soft. The perfect addition to a lovely bubble bath in London’s regal Dorchester Hotel (where I stayed). Jo Malone is best known for their yummy candles but the bath oil is where it’s at!

You can’t go to London and not buy something from London beauty megahouse, Rimmel. (Kate Moss does the ads??? Ring a bell?) Well, my favorite product from Rimmel is their fabulous eyeliner. Not to mention, the prices are so reasonable, you can actually stock up ten at a time! Try Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black, a perfect basic that will make your eyes pop! Hey, if it’s good enough for Kate Moss, it’s good enough for me!

Boots Cucumber Facial Wipes, my new obsession. Everything that Boots makes rocks, and it’s pretty damn cheap, but you must try these cleansing wipes! I use them to clean my make-up brushes. Ever since my friend Kim made me anal about clean brushes, I now clean my brushes after every application. And it actually does help the make-up application process!
Also to try:Boots Coconut & Almond Oil Creme Shower: Smells so fabulous and it’s only about 3 dollars!!!
P.S. Boots is an ultra famous pharmacy chain in London, England and their products are simply divinie!

Ok, more to come tomorrow… I’m so tired, I must sleep…. jet lag!!!!!!!!!!!

To Blue or Not To Blue…

By | makeup | No Comments

Blue is like the new black. At least, as far as eye shadow is concerned. (check the runways… they never lie!)
So, I decided to try it myself… I wore blue to (gasp) a Rod Stewart concert!!! I’m not sure if it was the 80’s love or my fierce eyes, but blue was bold.

Here’s what I did:

To start, I used a base color… something neutral. I like Nars’ All About Eve. I put this on the width of my eye.

Next, I used Tinte Cosmetics Shimmering Face Pearls in Midnight Blue. I used a thin brush, wet it, and applied it first like eyeliner above and below my eye. Then, I used a contour brush and applied the loose powder to my lids, just below the brow bone.

Finally, I used Stila’s Kajal Eye Liner in Sapphire to line the inside of my eyes. This eyeliner could almost be mistaken for black if it weren’t for the lightest navy hue. I loved this liner!!! It wasn’t as aggressive as black but it was still a statement.

Try the blue look and tell us what products you used! Email beautybanter@gmail.com

HERE’S A GREAT ARTICLE THAT EXPLAINS HOW TO WEAR BLUE SHADOWS… CLICK HERE

The Perfect Foundation For YOU

By | makeup | No Comments

This is cool. Women’s Health Magazine has posted the best foundations for each skin type.
CLICK HERE to find out what’s your ideal match!

Apparently, mine is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer in Neutral to Tan.
Hmmm… I’m gonna have to give it a try!

Fellow Beauty Whore Recommendation… LIP GLOSS

By | makeup | 7 Comments

“One of the girls at work always has shiny lips & I asked her what she used. She uses Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss. I asked if she had to apply it alot to get that wet look she has & she said no. That is why she recommends this product – it is the one lipgloss that actually stays on for more than 5 minutes at a time. Being a consumate coffee/diet coke drinker this was right up my alley!!! She usually buys hers in the store for $7.00 a piece. I got online with them directly & they were having a sale on them – 3 for $15.00 – sign me up!!!!! So I ordered 3 – “Honey Do”, “Slice of Heaven”, & “I Want Candy”. They all 3 look & taste delicious. I especially like “Honey Do” as it has extra sparkles in it that really add even more shine but not in a teeny-bopper-high-school sort of way.

The beauty of this product besides awesome shine is that it lasted through several cups of coffee & diet coke without being stickey or gooey. Best thing since sliced bread! I would highly recommend these to anyone I know who is a lipstick/lipgloss freak such as myself!!!”

Susan Hedrick

A few of my favorite things…

By | favorites, hair, makeup, skin | 3 Comments

It’s been a while, but well worth the wait (I hope!)

On this beautiful and sunny Wednesday afternoon, I am going to share with you, fellow beauty whores, a few of my favorite things:

The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm – Why? Because it smells fresh, goes on smooth, actually moisturizes (yea!!!) and leaves the lips with the slightest touch of rouge… in other words, I can wear it daily without looking made-up but still looking magnificent.

Kevin Aucoin Super Soft Buff Powder Brush- Why? Because it is cut flat on top so, once dipped in your favorite blush, it covers the perfect amount of cheek… in other words, I don’t need to play the guessing game – where do I put the blush, how far up, etc. This brush does all the dirty work for me!

Cococare Coconut Moisturing Oil – Why? Because it’s a nice break from the old lotion routine. AND it smells simply delicious. And it leaves skin soft, smooth and shiny (like a wrestler, but sexy). And the best part is, it’s cheap!… in other words, I smell and look like a sex goddess without breaking the bank. I also love to mix oil with lotion and lather on my body after a nice long bath (post exfoliation)… there’s something about the combination that really makes the skin “pop.”

A Wide Tooth Comb – Why? Because it is the perfect detangler when hair is still wet AND it doesn’t break the cuticle or the tips. Also, since I have curly hair, it allows enough room for my hair to “breathe” as opposed to a brush which stiffles and suffocates the hair shaft… in other words, hair that’s combed is happy and healthy hair.

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Concealer – Why? Because everyone breaks out and who what’s their blemishes out there for the world to see? This concealer also contains salicylic acid which fights break-outs and reduces redness. So really, you get two in one – a zit zapper and a cover-up… in other words, this product is genius! (I use color medium 03 and I NEVER leave home without it!)

Tell us your favorite things by emailing beautybanter@gmail.com

ALSO, hair crazed Jenny is back in town so if you have a question for the lovely Jenny C, email us asap!!!

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | makeup, weekly must-have | 3 Comments

Who hasn’t tried C.O. Bigelow’s mint-insfused lip gloss? (I mean, they were even giving them out at Coffee Bean with any coffee purchase!)
Well now, they come tinted. Minty fresh breath and a hint of color all-in-one…. I’m loving it!
My pick, Mentha Lip Tint in Pink. It’s super shiny with the mildest dose of light pink to glam up any pucker. I use it for day and to apply over other darker colors for night. It also plucks the pucker.
Can you imagine all this for 5 bucks?!

Photo Finish

By | makeup | 9 Comments

I finally get the rave.

Smashbox’s Photo Finish Foundation Primer IS all that. Applied prior to foundation, it not only helps to set the make-up, it also gives the skin a youthfull glow (sans shine). And it makes my face feel so soft it’s like I just had a facial.
It’s a fact. I too am a fan.

What primer do you adore? Tell us at beautybanter@gmail.com!!!

Cupid and Her Make-Up

By | makeup | 2 Comments

Personally, I’m not a fan of the big V-day. I believe that Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark Holiday created for the weak and co-dependant.
But for the hopeless romantics out there, here’s a cute little Valentine’s make-up kit put together by my friends over at Smashbox Cosmetics.
A word (or several…) from the company:
“This V.I.PINK VALENTINE’S DAY EXCLUSIVE beauty kit is the perfect way to add a little romance to your look at a really pretty price (only $40, with a $95 retail value!). Accentuate eyes with EYE SHADOW DUO in VELVET ROPE (shimmery pink, warm bronze) and pump up lashes with FOCAL POINT MASCARA in BLACK. Add the perfect pink flush to cheeks and lips with SKIN TINT in HEAT and give lips a luscious rosy bronze sheen with LIP GLOSS in MAGNIFY. All products come packed in a super-soft pink terrycloth makeup bag with room for more smashbox essentials, making this the sweetest gift to give or get this Valentine’s at a limited-edition price! Hurry, available only while supplies last.”
I’m a huge fan of Smashbox anything, so I’m sure if I were also a fan of Valentine’s Day, this kit would be my must-have.
Until then, I’ll just pretend I’m doinf “research!”

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY BEAUTY WHORES!!!

A Fabulous Pout, Part Deux

By | makeup | No Comments

From the fabulous lips of Di Gaeta… artist, actress, fellow beauty whore…

“Okay, so now that Miss Howard’s already clued you in about TOO FACED LIP INJEECTION MASK, I’m here to give you the secret combination I use it with, that makes it twice as effective.

First, I apply onto clean lips THE LIP SCRUB by Sara Happ in brown sugar. This scrub is amazing because it uses real sugar (which tastes good in case any scrub goes astray) and the consistency is thick enough to do its job. Put a pea size amount onto your ring finger and exfoliate away in gentle, circular motions. After you’ve done this for about two minutes, use a warm washcloth to wipe it off.
Next, apply a generous amount of the lip mask, and wait five minutes till…Voila! Beautiful surgery free lips that will definitely have the boys lining up to kiss you!!!!”

The Plumper, The Better

By | makeup | 2 Comments
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Plumping Collection ($62.50 Value)

The all-inclusive, one-stop-shop for the plumped inept. Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Plumping Collection contains everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that you could ever possibly want for bigger, badder, fuller lips. The lip injection lip plumping mask is so amazing, it’s either the best gimmick ever created or the most fabulous plumping product ever developed. I haven’t quite decided.

The fuller, plumper lip pack includes, Lip Injection, Lip Injection Extreme, Lip Injection Mask, and Lip Injection in Technocolor.

And to think that you can purchase all of these injections without ever once having to step foot into a plastic surgeon’s office.

Go figure!