Category:  makeup

Gobble, Gobble…

By | makeup, skin | 4 Comments

WHAT I’M THANKFUL FOR…
I’m thankful for:
Nars Turkish Delight lip gloss – a “pink sorbet” color with mega shine minus the goo.
Kerastase Nutritive Elixer Oleo Relax hair drops – the most fabulous anti-friz serum in all of hair care land! (my mane is always soft, friz-free and curly when I use this product)
Marc Jacobs by Marc Jacobs perfume – a staple fragrance that smells of gardenia and musk. (I’ve worn this for the past 5 years and still continue to get loads of compliments)!
Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream – my new dark circle savior!!! It moisturizes and minimizes bags and darkness. Alas, I feel like a pre-teen again! (also a great base prior to using eye make-up!)
Kiehl’s Coriander Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser and Hand and Body Lotion – an old favorite past time that has become a new and welcomed bathing treat! The smell is a delicious blend of Winter richness that lathers and rinses leaving my skin soft and radiant. And the lotion compliments the shower gel, moisturizing and reviving dehydrated skin.
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion – the closest thing that I’ve found to a zit zapper. This is a miracle product that literally dries out those nasty little pimples overnight! It’s like magic!
MAC Splashproof PowerPoint Eye Pencil in Engraved – a liner that goes on strong and lasts so long! Easy to apply and fun to smudge… I use it to line my lids as well as that sensitive area inside of my eye! (very mysterious….)
Tend Skin Razor Bump Solution – An oldie, but goodie! After a painful wax in that “intimate area,” Tend Skin is a welcomed soother. It actually rids the region of redness and ingrown hairs! TRICK!!! Tend Skin can also be used on acne for a quick fix… 1,2,3 and the pimple is gone!
C.O. Bigelow’s Dr. Hiosous Quince Hand Lotion – a salve that literally saves my chapped and cracked hands! All natural, it smells of a mixture of fruit extracts and carrot oil and it lasts for an unearthly amount of time. This is my absolute favorite hand cream in the world… I never leave home without it!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FELLOW BEAUTY WHORES!

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | makeup, weekly must-have | 6 Comments

(me posing in Cover Girl’s Smoothwear Lip Tints Barely Berry, #210)
Anyone who has read this blog knows that I have a fondness for red. In an August post, I wrote a Weekly Must-Have citing Stila’s POPPY convertable lip color as the “Bentley of all reds…”
Well now I stand corrected.
On a recent shoot that I did, a friend of mine turned me onto Cover Girl’s Smoothwear Lip Tints, a new product by the Procter & Gamble team. I reluctantly tried the gloss over my Labello Cherry chap stick (another red-tinted lippy) and to my surprise, I actually loved the way that it made my lips look. It wasn’t hooker red yet it gave my pucker the desired “volume” (plump) that so many red glosses cease to create. It also wasn’t gooey or smelly and it didn’t bleed into the cracks of my mouth (another MAJOR problem with reds…). So, kuddo’s to Cover Girl and their new and improved line of lip tints. I’m a major fan!

Try Barely Berry, #210 (right). The perfect blend of gloss and color – a chic red worn alone or over your favorite lip stick.

TODAY’S TRICK…

By | makeup | 9 Comments

Here’s something I’m sure you’ve waited a lifetime to hear… “your lips are just so… kissable.”
Okay, so I have the trick of ALL tricks for kissable, shiny, moisturized lips: VITAMIN E OIL (not the pills or the massage oil or a mixture of vitamin E, rose and other such nonsense… just pure vitamin E from the bottle does the trick). It’s what all the famous make-up artists use of their super famous clients. I use it every night before going to bed and during the day under AND over my daily lip color.
Better then any lip pumper, less goey then MAC lip glass, pure, straight-out-of-the-bottle Vitamin E Oil adds natural lustre and plump to any pucker… Guaranteed.
You’ve got a trick of the trade? SHARE WITH US HERE!!!

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | makeup, weekly must-have | 3 Comments

I am definitely a fan of anything (and everything) that “plumps my pucker.” And I’ve tried just about every gimmicky product on the market from DuWop’s Lip Venom(which I love) to the outrageously over-priced, Lip Fusion XL (not sure I get all the hype for a $50.00 bottle of what exactly???). Well here’s another one to try… it’s colorful, smells good, and doesn’t sting like a pack of bees. TheBalm’s Plump Your Pucker Tinted Gloss even reduces the look of fine lines around the mouth area!
Here’s a word (or several…) from the company:
Formulated with a special combination of folic acid, menthol and vitamin C, the product increases circulation to the lips and reduces the look of fine lines. But the lip building benefits have only just begun. . . What makes this product unique is an additional ingredient called maxi-lip, which works cumulatively over time to create lasting fullness. If worn consecutively for 30 days, you will see magnificent results!

Plump your Pucker Tinted Gloss is available in sixteen sexy shades with corresponding sassy scents that will add sexiness to even the shyest of lips.
My favorites:
Bing My Cherry (left) – a sheer, shimmering, hint of red color….
AND
Spike My Punch (right)- a sheer berry/ fruit punch infusion.
Try one and
VOTE for your favorite plumper product!!!

From the LIPS of Ms. Kaycee Flinn…

By | makeup | One Comment

My fabulous and foxy friend, Kaycee Flinn, wants to share her new beauty discovery with our blog readers. SO, here it is:
BELLA IL FIORE LIP TINT!!! This is my new favorite beauty product. I am not a big fan of wearing make-up, especially lip stick and gooey lip gloss. So for me, my lips were bare naked until one day as I was going through my pile of gift bags, I discovered lip tint that isn’t thick and gooey, doesn’t taste bad, and doesn’t have the feel of lipstick. It lasts while giving you the natural, beautiful look that we all want. It’s changed my life (or at least that of my lips). I swear by it (as does my boyfriend) and you will too!!!”
Bella Il Fiore Double Agent Lip Tint comes in three rocking shades…
Here is Kaycee wearing tint number 002.

SEXXXY!

The Lip Gloss Challenge

By | makeup | 5 Comments

On average, every woman in America owns at least a dozen lip glosses in their lifetime. Okay, maybe not, but it’s a fair assessment.
These days, lip-glosses offer their consumer’s lucious lips anything from color, stain, shine, conditioning, plumper, or any variation of the above. So what’s really the deal when it comes to the gloss – glam or gimmick?
You tell us!!! email us your raves and disses…

The Rating System:
1 kiss: not even worth a peck
5 kisses: tres fab, must have

We’ll post the results sometime within the next couple of weeks!