Category:  list

cb19044d0586a265d2e7f0e486b9492b

The List: Festival Season Fashion Survival Guide

By | fashion, list | No Comments

By now, you are well prepared for your festival beauty routine (especially if you read our article on all things festival beauty), but chances are, you’re still uncertain about the actual attire.We’re guessing you’ve spent more than your fair share of time standing in your skivvies while staring at your closet feeling completely overwhelmed. Besides deciding on outfits, you have to determine what you truly need. The desert is hot as h*ll during the day, but temps can drop significantly by night. This certainly presents a sartorial situation. But don’t fret, we’ve got you covered (literally)!

Be prepared for the cold evenings by shoving a  pair of Rag & Bone/Jean Boyfriend Jeans ($220) into your awesomely festival-fringed bag (this suede Proenza one will give you a major Kate/Alexa/ Sienna moment). For your outerwear, you have options. Scoop up Blank Denim’s Cargo Jacket ($118) to add to your fringed benefits, or opt for a poncho which is likely to be seen all over the festival circuit this year. It’s the new cargo jacket! Try Adam Lippes Oversized Cotton-Blend Twill Poncho ($1450) – so chic! – or Hunter Original Hooded Waterproof PU Poncho ($195) in this bright green. Bonus for the waterproof material! Both of these poncho choices are ideal because they can easily be rolled up and stuffed into a bag until evening comes.

Music festivals involve a lot of moving. Between all the dancing and walking around from set to set, your shoes will take a major beating (and, apparently so will your heart rate!). Consider packing an extra pair of do-it-all slip-ons just in case. These ASOS Delaware Sneakers ($45) are the perfect neutral silver, but with a heavy dose of sass. If you prefer an open-toe, go for JuJu Footwear Baby Jelly Sandal ($50), which are also waterproof, just in case it starts to rain or, worse, you get beer thrown on you.

An unexpected must-have for music festivals is a caftan since you can use it so many different ways. Wear the ViX Delta Caftan Tunic ($156) to a pool party first, and then with a pair of denim shorts and sandals later in the day. And if you can’t (*don’t want to) make it back to your hotel or Airbnb, caftans make the perfect nightgown. No shame in Coachella sleepovers!

Festivals involve some serious drinking. If you’re going to be imbibing, make sure you’re prepared. Keeping track of your phone is challenging enough when sober, so make sure to keep it tucked away while wasted. And, remember, friends don’t let friends drink and text. Opt for this Alexander Wang Fanny Pack to keep your phone safe and your hands free to bump and grind (or throw aforementioned beer). And skip the jewelry; it’s likely to fall off or get stollen. Instead, try Lulu DK temporary tattoos ($22) which will have you blinged out from neck to wrists, and they last for two to four days!

Even if you’re not actually attending a music festival this year, you know you’ll be following along on Instagram. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em and dress in what you would be wearing should you be blessed enough to spend a weekend in the desert surrounded by wasted strangers.

Casey Sharbaugh currently resides in New York City and works in the fashion industry. In her spare time, you can find Casey spinning, trying new beauty products, or browsing the city for the best ice cream cone. Find her on Twitter at @caseyhshar

436e72d3731e0023ac7f3d5ed664c874

The List: Festival Season Beauty Survival Guide

By | list, makeup | 75 Comments

Festival season is upon us. Let there be 100 + degree heat, stumbling, drunk fools, an array of combat boots and short shorts, a medley of hats and floral headdresses, and some live music thrown in for good measure. With Coachella weekend one a mere 10 days away, it’s time to get inspired — and get creative! When it comes to hair and makeup, less is certainly more (that one applies to the fashion too), but the real game changer is wearing products and pieces that can easily make the transition from day to night.

Here’s what you’ll need to be toting around in your crossbody bag, preferably one that contains fringe like Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody Mini Fringe ($125) in the festival-approved tanned suede or this slightly more fashionable and expensive one from Proenza Schouler, the coveted PS1 Fringed Crossbody Pouch ($1425) in rock n’roll black leather.

Blotting papers are a must (invest in these asap – the floral motif screams festival). And remember, puff, puff, blot… all day and night.

Save your lip shines and glosses for days spent frolicking at your favorite brunch spot (in close proximity to a bathroom). Baking in the heat for hours on end calls for a lip and cheek stain. It’ll last longer, is virtually sweatproof, and still gives off that no-makeup-makeup festival vibe. Try any of these: Vincent Longo Lip & Cheek Gel Stain in Baby Boo ($23; my current favorite), By Terry Tint To Lip Water Color Lipstain in Pink Palace ($36), Benefit Cosmetics Cha Cha Tint ($30; for a spot-on coral color).

All-purpose balm will be your face – and hand – savior. Use it to moisturize into your heat-stroked lips, on hands and cuticles, and even to add a little highlight to cheek and brow bones once the sun sets. Try Air Repair Rescue Balm All-Purpose Skin Salve and Lip Balm ($12); the tube is travel-friendly in size and formula.

Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist ($48) will keep you cool and refreshed while infusing your skin with healthy hydration. Sure, you can go with any face spray, but this one, although pricey, is considered the Hail Mary of face mists. And it won’t clog your pores like so many other less expensive sprays.

Sunscreen goes without saying, but baking in the heat for the entire day calls for reapplication. Try using a powder formula that will both absorb sweat and oils and offer sun protection, like Arcona Sunsations Mineral Makeup SPF 25 ($54). It comes in 13 shades, from translucent to dark, so you can actually add in some coverage if you so desire. And it travels well, too!

Waterproof mascara will save you from the dreaded raccoon eyes – be it from sweating, dust storms, or simply going all fan girl when you meet your favorite singer. Most of your favorite formulas also come in waterproof, but I swear by Trish McEvoy’s High Volume Mascara ($31); it’s better than waterproof. It produces a 360-degree coating around your lashes that dries instantly and is so much easier to remove than your average waterproof formula. Plus, it gives great volume.

What to do with your hair. Obviously, a hat is in order. My absolute favorite wide-brimmed travel hat is by J.Crew, the Textured Summer Straw Hat ($35). You can literally roll it up and stuff it into your bag and it won’t lose its shape. But floral headpieces are pretty festival-friendly too. Learn how to DIY here with real flowers, or purchase a gold headpiece that’ll have people thinking your part festival-chic, part regal. Jennifer Behr’s Margarite Gold-Plated Headband ($595) is pretty much perfect, and it’ll keep bangs and face fringe from attacking your sweaty forehead and cheeks.

The List: Best Skin Care Products of 2014

By | list, skin | 5 Comments
best skin care of 2014

It’s the final day of 2014… how will you be celebrating? I’ll be giving myself an at-home mimi facial before heading off into the night, glowing complexion in tow. So, here are my favorite skin care products of 2014 – from serums to face masks, you’ll want to stock up on these must-haves and use them well into 2015. After all, great skin never goes out of style.

1. Charlotte Tilbury Multi-Miracle Glow Cleanser, Mask & Balm for Baby Soft Skin ($60) – I wrote about this cream-to-oil balm here, but it really is one of the star products of 2014, and a slew of celebrity fans agree. The cleanser doubles as a deeply hydrating overnight mask for seriously luminous skin. Melt away makeup in a cinch and clean away the day’s debris. Note: the scent is rather potent (pleasantly rosy)- so if you’re adverse to scents, then I wouldn’t recommend this specific balm (but find more options here).

2. Sunday Riley Artemis Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil ($125) – While the cult-classic face oil Juno has been around for quite some time, this year, Sunday Riley launched Artemis, an oil specifically formulated to clarify, balance, and tone, so it’s ideal for combination and oil skin types. For drier complexions, opts for Juno. Either way, integrate these oils into your daily beauty routine either prior to moisturizer or, as the makeup artists’ did backstage at fashion week, a drop mixed into your favorite moisturizer. It literally awakens tired skin — like a power nap!

3. Kat Rudu Liquid Lift Peptide Serum ($68) – While I called this product a game changer in my dewy skin post, I must confess, it is now a Holy Grail product; one of those must-use-before-leaving-the-house sort of products. Look out for an interview with Rudu on the art of skin care layering in the new year. In the meantime, invest in this all-natural lifting serum.

4. Algenist Hydrating Essence Toner ($25) – This entire line of products uses Alguronic Acid and Microalgae Oil to regenerate and protect while uncovering a more youthful you. This toner is no exception. Gentle enough for everyday use, yet effective enough to really clean the pores, Algenist is a welcome addition to any skin care routine… and it leaves the complexion soft, bright, and revitalized.

5. Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam ($20) – Okay, so Sebamed didn’t just launch, but this gentle, soap-free cleanser is new to my face. It deep cleans acne-prone skin while maintaining skin’s healthy 5.5 pH balance; meaning, it won’t strip your skin while it clears away the acne-causing debris. The entire Clear Face line rivals Proactiv for those prone to breakouts.

6. Dr. Brandt Glow Revitalizing Retinol Eye Cream ($55) – You know how well retinol works on your face? Well, this eye cream is formulated with time-release retinol suitable for use around your eyes. Basically, it peels away fine lines and crows feet without having to get an injection of botox! And, like the name suggests, it leaves the eye area smooth, hydrated, and glowing.

7. Murad Transforming Powder ($30) – New to the Murad arsenal, Transforming Powder is a fantastic water-activated cleanser that uses bio-enzymes to gently exfoliate, and then it turns into a frothy, foaming cleanser that deep cleans and encourages cell turnover. The result is beautiful, glowing skin. A great exfoliating alternative for sensitive types, this stuff can be used daily to maintain a healthy and dewy complexion.

8. Glam Glow Super Mud ($69) – A friend of mine always has the most radiant complexion. Her secret… Glam Glow masks. The Super Mud is MAJOR; it clears, prevents, heals, and leaves skin with a healthy glow.

*Read our list of best mascaras (here), best  palettes (here), and best beauty trends (here) of 2014.

colour-main

The List: 10 Best Beauty Trends of 2014

By | list | No Comments

As 2015 quickly approaches, there is no better time to look back and reflect on the past year. While there are certain things you probably want to block from your memory – like that aggressive ombré dye job – 2014 beauty trends certainly need not be one of them! This year was filled with fresh and fabulous looks that kept us on our toes for twelve entire months. Here are our top 10 best beauty trends of 2014 and their corresponding, must-have star products.

1. GLOWING SKIN
As demonstrated at the Mara Hoffman Spring/Summer 2014 show as well as on model Gigi Hadid, this trend is all about having (or faking) a lit-from-within glow. With this trend, never forgot beauty’s golden rule about drinking enough water. It will do wonders for your dewy complexion.
TRY: Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow ($52)

2. OXBLOOD LIPS
Seen at Zimmerman Fall 2014 and rocked by the gorgeous actress Lily Collins, dark, oxblood-colored lips were loved by countless faces this year. Although initially intimidating, anyone can pull off this look, regardless of if you choose a matte lipstick or slightly more subtle stain.
TRY: Nars Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte ($32)

3. THE BOB
In terms of haircuts, this was the year of the bob; no question about that. From the Marc Jacobs Fall 2014 runway to Karlie Kloss and countless other celebrities, chopped hair was having (another) moment. While years past saw the lob as the trend du jour, this year was all about going shorter. If you’re looking for a fresh start or to revamp damaged hair, consider chopping off your ends. Remember to add texture to give it that 2014 edge.
TRY: John Masters Organics Sea Mist Sea Salt Spray ($17)

4. METALLIC EYES
We loved the ice queen eye look at Emporio Armani Fall 2014, as well as on Kristen Stewart. Although easy to achieve, this trend will totally shake up your makeup routine and brighten your entire face. It’s perfect for a night out on the town, but feel free to try it during the day for something a bit more unexpected.
TRY: Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in N(Ice) ($25)

5. BOLD BROWS
It’s been said that Cara Delevingne’s eyebrows are the only British-made objects that can be seen from the moon, and we wouldn’t want it any other way. This look may seem rebellious, but Carolina Herrera’s Fall 2014 runway show proved it can be classic as well; a throwback to women like Brooke Shields and Cindy Crawford circa 1980s.
TRY: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade ($18)

6. NUDE LIPS
If you aren’t going bold with oxblood, tone things down with a nude lip as spotted at Rodarte Spring 2014. Sandra Bullock showed us how amazing a strong, nude lip can be for an evening event. As it turns out, bolder isn’t always better.
TRY: Bite Beauty Luminous Cream Lipstick in Light Nude Beige ($24)

7. UNDONE BUN
Favored by off-duty models and the ‘dos of  Marchesa’s Fall 2014 runway show, the undone bun is meant to look… well, undone. Let go of your inner control freak when attempting to recreate it and even pull out some face fringe to play the part perfectly.
TRY: BlowPro Textstyle Dry Texture Spray ($20)

8. NATURAL BEAUTY
Thanks to Beyonce, #iwokeuplikethis is trending in a major way, although Alexander Wang and Proenza Schouler may have been ahead of her with their respective Fall 2014 and Spring 2014 shows. While we don’t all wake up with a flawless complexion, key products and subtle application can help us fake it until we make it. And, remember, natural beauty is about the illusion of no makeup so stick with light liquids, stains, and creams in neutral shades.
TRY: Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Blossoming ($56)

9. GEOMETRIC NAIL ART
Over-the-top nail art such as appliqués and complex designs may be over, but we’re still feeling clean, geometric patterns for fingers. Tracy Reese had her models sport this look at the Spring 2014 show, and Zooey Deschanel even wore it on the red carpet. A creamy, white polish will be your BFF if attempting to DIY.
TRY: JINsoon Nail Lacquer in Kookie White ($18)

10. RADIANT ORCHID LIDS AND LIPS
Prabal Gurung showed off Pantone’s 2014 Color of the Year on the models’ lips at his Spring/Summer 2014 show, and Scarlett Johannson and Lupita Nyong’o prove that this works equally well on lips and eyes, no matter your skin tone. Afraid of the provocative purple hue? Try the shade as your pop of color with eyeliner, mascara, or even a sheer gloss as opposed to a matte formula.
TRY: Sephora + Pantone Universe Gazing Paint Liquid Eyeliner ($11) or Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Flowering Freesia ($17)

If we were into gambling, we would be willing to bet that these trends aren’t going anywhere anytime soon… they’re just that good. So pick up some key products and continue playing with these looks well into the new year.

Casey Sharbaugh currently resides in New York City and works in the fashion industry. In her spare time, you can find Casey spinning, trying new beauty products, or browsing the city for the best ice cream cone. Find her on Twitter at @caseyhshar

*Read our list of best mascaras (here) and best  palettes (here) of 2014.

The List: Best Palettes of 2014

By | list | 5 Comments
best palettes of 2014

From gorgeous shadow combinations to lip, cheek, and even highlighting kits, 2014 was definitely the year of the palette. And while 2014 may be coming to an end, these palettes will last long after the stroke of midnight. Take a final look at our favorite palettes for 2014 – -and beyond — and invest in a few staple kits that will have your eyes, lips, and cheeks on point way into 2015.

1. Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette in Soul ($49) – 12 wearable, earthy shades of neutrals: From champagne to chestnut in varying finishes like shimmer and matte. Mix colors together to create a plethora of eye looks from simple to dramatic. These shades are classic and universal, so this palette will last for years to come.

2. Lorac Pro Palette 2 ($42) – This fan favorite palette offers 16 versatile shades in both matte and shimmer formulas. While you’ll get your classic neutrals, you’ll also get colors like plum, navy, and an awesome metallic jade. Plus, each kit comes with Lorac’s Behind The Scenes Eye Primer so that your multiple shadow looks last all day.

3. Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Palette in Warm Beige ($39) – While there are eight color combos to choose from, the warm beige is a favorite because of its versatility. Packed with four neutral nude, mauvey shades and one classic red, you can literally create endless lip looks – from natural to bold. MUFE makes fantastically rich pigments, so your lips are bound to be dressed in rich hues.

4. Les 5 Ombres de Chanel Eyeshadow Palette ($80) – This limited-edition holiday eye palette comes with five versatile shades to create a range of looks – from smokey to gilded eyes. With a white base shadow, three silvery-greys, and a gold, you can play around with mixing metals… or just go classic with a charcoal smokey eye.

5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($58) – This go-to highlighting palette does it all – from illuminating cheekbones to lightly contouring. With three complimenting shades in champagne, pink, and bronzy finishes, you can control the luminosity while providing your complexion with that 2014 coveted glowing finish.

6. Nars Virtual Domination Cheek Palette ($65) – Cheeks deserve a palette too and this trio of blushes, plus a highlighter and fan-favorite bronzer, Laguna, gets it all done. Highlight and contour, and paint the apples of your cheeks a perfect flush by mixing the blushes together or wearing them alone (you’ll find a pink, a peach, and a coral hue in your kit). Endless opportunities to create gorgeous cheeks on the daily.

7. Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette ($44) – For the matte lover, this newly launched palette includes 12 brand new, all-matte shades in classic, wearable neutrals and browns (with a few rose-inspired hues thrown in for contrast). Use this palette daily for the next year and you’re bound to have a unique eye look every time. Now that’s a steal!

For our Best of Mascara 2014, click here.

I’d love to hear from YOU… what are your favorite palettes? Feel free to leave your feedback in the comment section below and perhaps you’ll see your recommendation in a future post!

33d49898354e7d927b2fb608d77cc73f

The List: Best Mascaras Of 2014

By | list | 4 Comments

As we approach the new year, I’ll be doing a series of posts in list format of favorite beauty products in different categories. Some of them will be new launches from this year, some of them will be old, classics from years past, some of them will be recommendations from friends and experts, some of them will be coveted, drugstore finds, but all of them will be must-haves.

And I’d love to hear from YOU… what are your favorites in each category? Feel free to leave your feedback in the comment section below and perhaps you’ll see your recommendation in a future post!

Today, let’s talk mascara!

1. Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes ($23) – The predecessor, Lights, Camera, Lashes ($20), is definitely a classic favorite, but the new (and, some would say, improved) version, Lights, Camera, Flashes gives even more volume, length, and curls. And I happen to like this plastic bristled applicator better than the fiber one of Lashes. Both formulas are made without parabens or phthalates, so they’re  a great alternative for those interested in greener products.

2. Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara ($26) – I’ve raved about this mascara several times since discovering the lacquered black formula. But if you still haven’t taken the plunge and purchased a tube, there’s no time like the present. If you want glossy black lashes that are thick and long, look no further: MJ’s got you and your lashes covered.

3. W3ll People Expressionist Bio Extreme Mascara ($24) – By far, the best all natural mascara on the market (in my humble opinion). Made with healthy ingredients including palm and sunflower extract to nourish and organic beeswax and carnauba wax, this product isn’t only good for you, it’s good for lengthening and separating pesky lashes, too. And the thin, plastic bristled brush makes coating those tiny, corner hairs doable.

4. Benefit They’re Real! Mascara ($23) – This mascara is a Jack of all trades, lengthening, separating, curling, and volumizing with its jet-black formula. Adored by makeup artists and enthusiasts alike, They’re Real will give you fake looking lashes without every applying glue. And try the new They’re Real! Push-Up Liner ($24), a wonderful companion to the mascara to create the illusion of thick lashes.

5. CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara ($4) – When it comes to drugstore buys, CG’s Lash Blast tops the list of one of the best purchases in the aisle. It’s an oldie, but oh, is it good. And I’m not the only one who thinks so: Nicky Hilton introduced me to this gem years ago, and one of my favorite makeup artists, Katey Denno, cites this mascara as her absolute favorite.

6. DiorShow Mascara ($25)- DiorShow has so many fans, it’s probably the most talked about mascara in any of my interviews. Jewelry designer Pamela Love, artist and filmmaker Liz Goldwyn, are just a few of the notable names that use – and love – DiorShow. Choose from DiorShow’s award-winning original or DiorShow’s Iconic Overcurl Mascara ($29) (my personal favorite). Both do your lashes justice with their highly pigmented and volumizing formulas.

7. Lancome Definicils Mascara ($28) – My first foray into Lancome’s fan-favorite mascara was as a young girl watching my mother coat her lashes with this product. Writer and fashionista Stephanie LaCava mentioned this as her “go-to, be all” mascara of choice (read her specific application directions here). My favorite aspect of this specific mascara is the skinny applicator which literally picks up the tiniest of hairs and gives them mega volume.

constance4-640x419

The List: 10 Beauty Products To Buy From Your Local (Organic) Supermarket

By | body, hair, list, makeup | 5 Comments

Full disclosure: I’m not the cooking type. I prefer my food pre-made and my fruits and vegetables cold pressed. But I do still venture to the supermarket on occasion, mainly to stock up on coconut water (my favorite!), snacks, and the occasional salad bar. The other day, while visiting my neighborhood Whole Foods on a quest for a quick and healthy lunch, I found myself in the beauty aisle (no shocker here). And it got me thinking: Could I actually shop for my beauty products and food all under the same roof? The answer is yes.

So, the next time you are at your local, organic market, put yourself to the test: Buy your groceries and your beauty goodies at the same time, in the same place. The grocery store is an untapped resource for some of the best natural beauty products on – and in – the market! The growing popularity of organic foods has spread to skin, hair, and body as well, so, naturally supermarkets are chock-full of healthy beauty delights. Here are my favorites:

*And if you prefer shopping from the convenience of your keyboard (or if you don’t live near a Whole Foods or the like), feel free to click on the links below and purchase the products online.*

1. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Body Scrub Revitalizing Sea Salt ($11) – All Alba products are pretty awesome, but you can’t beat an all-natural Hawaiian scrub… especially in winter when your skin is aching for some serious sloughing. This stuff smells good enough to eat (and is probably healthy enough to nosh on, too, although I wouldn’t suggest trying it!).
2. Nature’s Gate Biotin Strengthening Shampoo ($5) – Of all the “drugstore” shampoos, this is my favorite. It’s free of the bad stuff (sulfates and parabens), and chock-full of the good stuff. Plus, it cleans without stripping, so it’s safe for daily use.
3. Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner with Rose Petal ($8) – An all-natural face toner that wipes away dirt, oil, and acne-causing buildup while leaving skin hydrated and soothed. This stuff is magic!
4. Jason Satin Shower Body Wash Chamomile ($14) – A longtime favorite body wash (that I would still gladly choose over expensive copycats), Jason’s Chamomile lathers to perfection, gently washes, and leaves my skin feeling baby soft. And it smells so delicious, I want to drench myself in it!
5. Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream ($40) – A dreamy moisturizer for combination skin. It smoothes, softens, and purifies, and absorbs quickly for a beautiful matte finish.
6. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia ($7) – The natural version of Nivea’s Fruity Shine Lip Balms. Shea butter moisturizes while adding a hint of tint to your pout. I carry these around in my bag at all times; they are definitely a buy-in-bulk product.
7. Heritage Rose Petals Rosewater ($6) – Heritage sprays have been a favorite of mine for years. You can use them on your face, hair, and body to douse yourself in refreshing hydration with the most magnificent rosy scent. Sometimes, I even opt out of perfume in favor of this natural, light mist.
8. Coconut Oil ($19) – There are a myriad of ways to use coconut oil (read them here), but I’m partial to using it as a makeup remover and shaving cream (for an exceptionally soft and easy shave). Regardless of how you choose to use the oil, make sure you purchase an organic and virgin make, and have a jar stashed in your beauty cabinet at all times. It never fails.
9. Kiss My Face Sensitive Fluoride-Free Natural Aloe Toothpaste Gel with Xylitol ($5) – Think of this as the all-natural version of Sensodyne. This paste won’t irritate sensitive teeth and gums, and is free of fluoride, artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners so it’s healthy, too.
10. California Baby Calendula Cream ($21) – Sure, it’s meant for kids, but my skin is as delicate as a baby. And calendula is known for its soothing and calming properties, even for the most sensitive skins. I like to slather my body post-bath with a layer of this thick cream, from shoulders to toes. The mild lavender scent adds extra motivation.

The List: Fashion Week Beauty Essentials

By | list | 9 Comments
fashion week beauty essentials

Hobnobbing with fashion’s elite can be exhausting. There are shows to attend, events to pop into, and drinks to be drunk. But you can get through the grueling schedule with just a few face-saving beauty essentials.

Here, the list for must-have in-your-purse-at-all-times fashion week beauty essentials:

1. Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon ($24) – Because of its matte formula it’ll stay on from show to party. The colors are deep and bold and the crayon applicator makes it ridiculously easy to apply touch-ups while in the uber, cab, or subway.
Color to covet: Aubergine, a moody eggplant hue, which just so happens to be right on trend for fall.

2. Panasonic Heated Eyelash Curler ($27) – Because it’s battery operated and heats up on-the-go for an eyelash pick-up in between shows.

3. Kevyn Aucoin The Shimmer Shadow Set ($116) – Because it’s impossible to pick just one, this set of four gem-inspired shimmery shades adds light and luminosity to the eyes. Apply to the inner corners of eyes, brow bone and even cheekbone to instantly open up your face. The roller ball applicator makes it effortless to apply anywhere at anytime. Perfect for a late night after-party pick-me-up.

4. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels ($30) – Because our eyes show the lack of sleep and these gel patches will literally erase any signs of party, wear, or tear, creating rejuvenated, revitalized eyes. 8 am show? No problem, apply these while in transit and arrive looking like you just slept for 10 hours.

5. Alterna Travel Size Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo ($12) – Because early mornings require creativity and dry shampoo gives you volume and an oil-free scalp so that you can go through the day, show-hopping, looking like you just stepped out of the salon (instead of your bed). And the travel size fits easily into your bucket bag for a mid-day spritz.

6. Hourglass llusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint ($55) – Because after a night of drinking, we’ve completely dehydrated our skin. But not to worry, Hourglass’ hyaluronic acid-packed sheer foundation will rehydrate while covering skin unevenness and imperfections. You may not look like the models on the runway, but you sure as h*ll can fake that model-worthy glowing complexion.