Chic Chignon (in under 2 minutes) via celebrity hair stylist Jen Atkin
Tools Needed: Mason Pearson brush, rattail comb, bungee chord band with hooks or 2 regular rubberbands, large french hair pins, hairspray.
1. For thick haired girls you can do this when your hair is damp. Thin to medium texture, blow-dry upside down while using a Mason Pearson brush to create volume.
2. Make a center part and pull hair together into a tight low ponytail.
3. Tease the ends of your hair with fingers or a comb.
4. Twist in a clockwise direction, secure with french pins.
5. Spritz hairspray for hold.
TIP: Pull pieces of hair out to make the bun bigger once secure.
Alternative Daytime Chic Chignon: Try a higher chignon. Make a tight ponytail that, in profile, is at the same height as your eyebrows. Make sure to tease your ends with a brush, twist hair in a clockwise direction, or if hair is long enough twist the hair in a knot. use french hair pins to secure the bun. For variation, take your brush and gently brush away from your ponytail to give texture or before you make a pony, crimp your roots.