Foundation: 8 Of The Latest And Greatest On The Market Now

skin
By March 9, 2015 3 Comments
foundation

Foundation: 8 Of The Latest And Greatest On The Market Now

With so many foundations constantly introduced to market, how is a girl to choose? It’s as though beauty brands are trying to one up each other with new formulations that make some seriously bold promises: “Poreless skin;” “completely shine-free;” “nobody will notice that you’re wearing any makeup.” Okay, sure, foundation is a G-d sent, but it’s not magic. Sometimes you even need to mix a few together to find your perfect match. But worry not, we’ve got you covered. Whether you prefer dewy or matte, full-coverage or more natural, we’ve found the latest and greatest foundations currently on the aisle. Behold, a flawless complexion is just a click away!

1. A first for the brand, NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation ($48) is their only full-coverage formula. While it certainly is natural-looking, it still covers everything. It has a water-like consistency that can take a bit of getting used to, but that’s a small pay off for the long wear. TIP: Apply this product with your fingers. The natural warmth from your hands works best for application.

2. We first mentioned bareMinerals Complexion Rescue ($29) here, but this product packs such a punch that it’s worth mentioning twice (and we don’t say that lightly). It provides serious moisture for these seemingly endless winter months without clogging pores. At first, it seemed a bit sheer, but it’s more full-coverage if applied – and layered – with the coordinating brush.

3. Kjaer Weis Foundation ($68) is not only all-natural, but the application is rather idiot-proof considering you can use your fingers. Finger painting, anyone? It has a yummy, velveteen texture that seems to always leaves you with the perfect amount of coverage needed.

4. Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation ($42) is like an Instagram filter for your skin. It has a bit of a dewy finish, so if you’re into the glow, look no further.  While this formula’s coverage is definitely on the sheerer side, if you don’t have too much to cover up, you should be pleased. Plus, the SPF 15 is a nice bonus.

5. Supergoop! Daily Correct CC cream ($32) is, in a word, super-good! Okay, corniness aside, this stuff is truly the real deal. It evens the complexion and smooths fine lines while also providing SPF 35 protection. Even better, it comes in a range of self-adjusting shades to perfectly match your skin tone.

6. If you want high-coverage and low-shine, try Maybelline Fit Me Foundation ($8). It gets bonus points for being under $10, and it’s incredibly long lasting. Really the best coverage for your cash.

7. We already raved about our love of Korean skincare, but Asian makeup is just as obsession-worthy. Banila Co It Radiant CC Melting Foundation ($36) is completely lightweight, but layers for more coverage on days you’re feeling uneven or lackluster. Plus, the compact design makes it totally transportable for quick fixes from work to drinks.

8. Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer ($48) is meant to be used before foundation, but on good skin days, it provides a perfect sheer wash that is just the right amount of coverage. This advanced formula is pumped full of Rejuvenox, which helps oxygenate the skin while hydrating. It also gives the appearance of a plumper face – not bloated, just healthy and more youthful. Yes… it can actually make you look younger!

 Did we miss your favorite foundation? Tell us in the comments below!

Casey Sharbaugh currently resides in New York City and works in the fashion industry. In her spare time, you can find Casey spinning, trying new beauty products, or browsing the city for the best ice cream cone. Find her on Twitter at @caseyhshar