Ever since winter hit full swing, my complexion is lackluster and dull. I miss my summertime glow – and not the one that comes courtesy of the sun. I yearn for that beautifully flawless and radiating inner glow that literally shines through (courtesy of moisture, humidity and, yes, some additional Vitamin D). If you’re like me and you’re having a case of complexion blues, then I have just the products for you to try. They’ll reinvigorate your sad skin, breathing new life into the epidermis. From beauty pads to treatment toners and exfoliators, here are my favorite skincare products that will help you get the glow:
1. Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Retexturizer ($38) - One of my favorite products currently on the market, this exfoliator combines papaya enzymes, glycolic acid and dragon’s blood to increase cell turnover, leaving skin hydrated, radiant and replenished. Leave the scrub on for 5 minutes to really allow the ingredients to work their magic.
2. Glow by Dr. Brandt Ruby Crystal Retinol Hydracreme ($65) – A smoothing moisturizer with Retinol that provides a more even complexion and an immediate glow. I use it in the morning followed by SPF. Skin illuminators, optical diffusers, and micronized ruby crystals help to give skin that flawless look.
3. Joey New York Quick Results Polynesian Coconut Water Beauty Pads ($32 for 60 pads) – Pre-soaked peeling and brightening pads of young green coconut water; a few swipes on the face before bed and you’ll wake up with a serious glow. The trick: potent vitamin and minerals activate faster cell regeneration while you sleep!
4. Clark’s Botanicals Intense Radiance Mask ($72)- I find it difficult to use a mask in winter, but my complexion is still desperate for the benefits. Luckily, Clark’s radiance mask will clean out my pores without stripping or over-drying my skin. The mask doesn’t dry chalk hard, instead it’ll inject hydration where needed while still removing all of the dirt and debris so that skin is left smooth and luminous. My favorite winter mask!
5. Fresh Creme Ancienne Infusion ($90) – This treatment toner combines bamboo, lavender and rose flower waters with hyaluronic acid, meadowfoam seed oil and seabuckthorn oil for the ultimate in moisture resurgence! Use on a cotton pad and swipe over the face to instantly improve hydration and skin texture. An added bonus, the ingredients in this special complexion potion have a very calming aroma and refreshing feel.