Favorites: NY Spring Fashion Week 2012 Beauty Looks Part 2

favorites
By September 16, 2011 One Comment
Marc Jacobs Collection - Back Stage - Spring 2012

Favorites: NY Spring Fashion Week 2012 Beauty Looks Part 2

Now that NYFW Spring 2012 is officially over, it’s time to reminisce on our favorite hair and makeup looks from the second half of the week. Runways were sporting everything from Country Barbie-inspired hair to Amy Winehouse-inspired lids.

MAKEUP TREND – We tended to see a lot of strong brows and glowing, dewy skin.

HAIR TREND – We still see that greasy, unwashed hair trend and a variety of ponytails take center stage for ‘do of the season.

Daryl K, the face – Uzo, the NARS International Lead Makeup Artist, opted for strong brows, contoured cheeks, glowing skin and natural lips. The makeup is minimal save for the blush which is very important to this look. It’s prevalent without being overpowering, but it adds a nice feminine touch.

Definitely wearable and easy to achieve.

Marc Jacobs, the face – The fabulous Francois Nars of Nars painted the faces of the girls (he is responsible for the Marc Jacobs makeup every season) with the inspiration of Amy Winehouse, Patsy Klein and Cowboy Kate. Focal point is on the eyes: major lashes and liner. In fact, the face is free of blush and the lips are left nude. It really does remind me of a cleaned up Amy Winehouse.

Wearable, perhaps not very Spring-like.

Reed Krakoff, the hair – Guido, Redken Creative Consultant constructed a lose, low, feminine pony. It frames the face, giving it a soft feel. Hair is beautifully straight, shiny and healthy. By securing the pony with a leather tie and allowing the front pieces to fall around the face, the look is updated.

Very wearable, very easy, very Spring.

Jeremy Scott, the hair – Wella Professionals’ Global Creative Director, Eugene Soulieman created quite the ‘do. Inspired by “Country Barbie,” the style is really two looks in one. First, there are the pigtails – both girlie and cute. Second, there is the high buffont in the front, adding a bit of elderly Western sass. I’m quite into the big hair and the Barbie reference (although I’d only wear it on Halloween or to a western-themed party!).

Not wearable but very creative and fun.

L’Wren Scott, the face – Lancôme’s Artistic Director for Makeup Aaron De Mey opted for the shimmering bronzed complexion with hints of bronze on lips and eyes and bronzed, contoured cheeks. This is sure to be a trend come Spring 2012. It’s more than sun kissed, this face has the look of a golden glow. I’m also digging the thick and shapely strong brows. A few very important Spring trends on this face.

Wearable and beautiful.

The Blonds, the face – I am obsessed with this face although it is totally unwearable. Kabuki for MAC really played up the eyes and eyeliner. He said it is a bit Raquel Welch, a Ursula Andress and Barbara Eden. It’s a strong, feminine look that pays homage to past sex symbols by over accentuating the eyes with a flirty and seductive cat eye.

Unwearable but inspiring.

Oscar de la Renta, the face – One of my favorite looks from the second half of fashion week, this face is very Spring-esque, feminine, a bit flirty and very romantic. Revlon’s Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman, gives us the perfect, pretty Spring face, suitable for a walk through the fields (what fields? I’m daydreaming of strawberry fields…). Cheeks are rosy, skin is dewy, lips are natural. The entire face uses a pastel color palette (peach and nudes) while playing up that no-makeup-makeup look.

Very wearable and tres Spring.

What were your favorite beauty looks from NYFW Spring 2012?

  • Gail Berlet

    The strong brows, dewy skin and pale lips. Nothing looks better for day to day makeup…..polished and finished, without looking made up!! Love Beauty Banter BTW!!