Favorites:
NY Spring Fashion Week 2012 Beauty Looks Part 1

NY Spring 2012 fashion week is officially underway and while we aren’t yet half done with the collections, I’m already getting giddy over Spring’s beauty trends. From a contemporary twist to a greasy eye, here are a few of my favorite Spring runway looks (so far…).

TREND WATCH: for makeup, looks are either very natural and pretty or more glam-rock with a focus on a dark eye and nude lips. A few instances saw a Spring favorite, the bold, colorful lip.

TREND WATCH: for hair, styles are either grungy with a bit of 90′s influence or pretty and flowing.

Alexander Wang, the face – Diane Kendal of MAC is responsible for the look that she refers to as “urban nineties…”. A dark, smudgy eye and natural lip. Downtown sexy meets grunge. (I could have lived without the dripping wet hair – it somehow reminded me of a really oily, unwashed, uber-grunge ‘do).

Makeup is wearable if you’re looking for heroin-chic.

Mara Hoffman, the face – Lottie for Make Up For Ever created a strong brow, contoured face, glow on eyes and complexion and a greasy black eye liner again, with light lips (in this case, more of a sheer coral/peach).

Definitely wearable. LOVE the shiny, gilded eye.

Preen, the hair – Paul Hanlon for Aveda created a modern, clean twist “The hair is pure and neat – it almost has a forties feel.” Really interesting and pretty style choice instead of a pony or chignon.

Wearable, but rather hard to do on your own.

Joseph Altuzarra, the hair – Frederic Fekkai Lead Stylist, Paul Hanlon, went with a “relaxed, 90′s grunge-look,” although hair seems pencil-straight and polished to me. I love the intensely exaggerated side-part and the bang area which seems to fall along half of the face. Sexy in a slightly masculine way. (Side note: the dark, arched brow and clean, bare skin is rather shocking and somewhat glamorous, but hard to pull off in the real world).

Wearable and easy to achieve.

The Row, the face – Tom Pecheux, Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director, decided on a natural and effortless look. He describes it as “what any woman would want to look like when she wakes up in the morning.” True, that. Loving the light, rosy pink lip – a simple flush of color that reminds me of Spring hues. This, to me, is the most “Spring” look – very clean and fresh.

Definitely wearable and incredibly easy to achieve.

Doo.Ri, the face – MAC’s Tom Pecheux created a golden goddess look with a range of tonal golds. From the glowing golden skin, to the glowing golden eyes, to the muted lip (with a hint of gold), everything seems very healthy and feminine with a slight exaggeration on natural.

Wearable and I’ll definitely be wearing it come spring/ summer.

Luca Luca, the face – Revlon’s Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman, created the quintessential Spring look – and angelic, natural eye and a bold lip (in this case, hues of berry and strong pinks). I adore the feminine “prettiness’ of this face.

Wearable and extremely spring-appropriate.

Any looks you’re loving from the runways?

Let us know!

tagged in: , , ,

related posts:

FAVORITES: The Bold Day Lip