Favorites: Colored Lip Balm
For me, colored lip balm is right up there with mascara and tinted moisturizer. The Holy Grail products that no woman should ever live without. I am constantly applying lip balm, so to add a hint of hue into the mix gives my pout a natural flush while still hydrating. I carry at least 5 tinted balms in my bag at all times. They are perfect for day and transition into a natural night lip quite effortlessly.
Here are some of my favorite colored lip balms:
1. Nivea Lip Care Fruity Shine Lip Balm ($3) – An old favorite of mine, I remember when Labello made these chappies and you could only purchase them in Europe. The Cherry hue is a pop of red and the formula gives great hydration and leaves lips super soft.
2. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm ($5.50) – The all-natural balm comes in 9 shades, Pink Blossom, a light pinky berry and Rose, a redish hue being my favorites. Nourishes with Shea Butter to give lips moisture while adding sheer color for a natural pout.
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Sugar Plum ($22.50) – A berry/ purple hue that gives lips that just-bitten look. The formula is extrememy moisturizing and SPF 15 will protect against the summer sun. All 7 colors are amazing but Sugar Plum is my go-to. Sugar Coral, a peachy tint, is great for summer, too.
4. Dior Addict Lip Glow ($31) – I just dedicated an entire post to this magical balm (click here for a recap). In short, the color adapts to your body’s chemistry giving you “just got kissed” tinted lips. Love the scent too!
5. Maybelline Baby Lips ($3)- A moisturizing lip balm that comes in 4 shades and then 2 clear ones. Peach Kiss is a sheer coral and Cherry Me is a light red, both give the pout a light tint while hydrating for 8 hours.
6. Kiehl’s Tinted Lip Balm SPF 15 ($9.50) – Hue 58B is a sheer lip gloss with cooler red tones while Hue 30G is a light golden color with peach tones. These moisturizing lip treatments are a bit more creamy than the sticks, although color is still natural and sheer.