Favorites: BB and CC Creams
BB creams have come a long way since my first mention of them here. Of course, the BB (Beauty Balm) phenomenon started with the import of Dr. Jart’s Water Fuse Oil-free SPF 25 and Premium SPF 45 creams. They came in one “universal” shade (that wasn’t really universal at all), but the benefits were spectacular.
A few years later and almost every major cosmetics company has some form of BB cream – and now CC (Color Correction) cream, another Asian import – on the shelves. These new and improved BB and CC Creams come in a variety of shades with even more benefits, like antioxidants, vitamins and illuminating properties.
Here are a few favorites:
1. Kiehl’s Actively Correcting and Beautifying with SPF 50 ($37) – I love this BB cream because it has a high SPF (great for day) and it covers without looking like you’re wearing any makeup. Vitamin C instantly brightens and illuminates while long term effects help to even uneven skin tone. Comes in 4 shades. *Coverage – Light to Medium
2. Dr. Brandt BB Matte With Signature Shinerase ($39) – If oil control is your issue then this is the product for you. The matte formula was a bit drying on my skin, but it still brightened the complexion. Comes in 2 shades. *Coverage – Light to Medium
3. Alternately, the Dr. Brandt cc glow Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($39) – is a great option for brightening, hydrating, illuminating and covering without the matte finish. Contains a ruby crystal complex and vitamin C to conceal and treat. *Coverage – Medium
4. MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35 ($30) – I recently wrote about this product, calling it a must-have. It gives a matte finish without being chalky, and it covers uneven skin tone and imperfections. It’s also ideal as a primer, keeping makeup on longer. *Coverage – Light
5. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($35) – An oil-free color correcting formula that gives skin a dewy appearance while covering imperfections. I love this stuff and use it almost daily! Comes in 8 shades. *Coverage – Medium
6. Dior Diorskin Nude BB Cream – This sheer formula illuminates while creating a dewy glow. A blend of floral water and antioxidants hydrate and protect skin from signs of aging. Comes in 5 shades. *Coverage – Light
7. REN Satin Perfection BB Cream Sunscreen ($38) – This silicone-free BB cream gives a natural, satin finish while covering imperfections. Photo-rejuvenation technology reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. *Coverage – Medium
Do you have a favorite BB or CC Cream? Let us know below!