Category:  fashion

3943195286_fe26234b93_b

#TBT: The Bra-o-Matic

By | fashion, tbt | No Comments

Oh the joys of womanhood! Bras, née brassieres, are an annoying necessity for all women (kind of like our menstrual cycle). Lucky for us, designs have come a long way from the clickable Bra-o-Matic of the fifties. Long evolved from the original constricting and pointy designs of yesteryear, bras today can do as little or as much as you please for your cleavage. Whether you prefer Wonderbra level push-up or barely-there support, here are our favorite options:

The Marie Jo Covertible T-Shirt Bra ($106) can be converted into several different configurations, courtesy of the chicest strap imaginable.

Not only does Chantelle Intimates Basic Invisble Memory Foam T-Shirt Bra ($72) provide smooth coverage for white T-shirts, but it gives some added oomph for us less-endowed ladies.

Instead of struggling to find a bra that works under tricky necklines or straps, look to a bralette like the Eberjey Collette Racer Bra Bralette ($58) that demands to be seen. Great for those see-through tees.

Do your bra straps seem to constantly fall off your shoulders? BeMe Rough & Tumble Lace Racer Bra ($47) keeps them in place, while still looking stylish thanks to feminine detailing.

If you’re still wearing that Nike sports bra from college that gives you uniboob, it’s time for an upgrade. The Alala Cross Front ($80) has a flattering v-cut, but the thick straps keep the girls in place even during a dance cardio class (no easy feat.)

For those days when you don’t want to get out of bed, but still have to go outside and wear a bra: Skin Tulle-Trimmed Organic Stretch-Pima Cotton Soft-Cup Bra ($75).

The Agent Provocateur Soirée Czarinah Sequined Tulle Underwire Bra ($590) is sexy in the sweetest way possible. Whether you or your man appreciates it more, well, that part is up to you!

What is your favorite bra? Tell us in the comments below!

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com

Weekly Must-Have: Stuart Weitzman’s Nudist Sandal

By | fashion, weekly must-have | No Comments
the nudist sandal

Few things make me feel prettier than some added height that, ultimately, leads to longer legs. Well, mascara and lipstick help, too, but that’s another post entirely.

That’s why when a friend introduced me to Stuart Weitzman’s Nudist Sandal, I was instantly hooked. She said it was a shoe that I would wear again and again… “timeless” was the word she used, and she was right. With its 4 1/2 inch skinny stiletto heel and its barely-there strap, this sandal is simplistic, versatile, and leg-lengthening. I bought the black leather and wore it with jeans one day and a cocktail dress the next. It adds height but it’s classic, feminine silhouette also flatters my feet. BONUS!

And after learning that the shoe retails for around $400 (some of them are even on sale for a whopping $199), I decided that I should probably buy a second (and third and fourth) pair. I’m feeling the colors for summer, but the leopard is a must for fall.

The now iconic Nudist Sandal is also a coveted celebrity favorite, seen on everyone from Ashley Benson to Kourtney Kardashian. Stock up today!

PRICE TAG: $199 – $415

Peruse the collection of 15 colors and patterns here.

article-1263547-037F044D000005DC-809_468x511

#TBT: Ursula Andress’ White Bikini

By | fashion, tbt | One Comment

When Ursula Andress emerged from the water in James Bond’s Dr. No, she became one of the most iconic beach beauties of all time. In addition to her killer body and supermodel features, her white bikini made a lasting impressing… and not just for the men. The girly bow-adorned top paired with the tough belted bottoms created the perfect combination of sex and sass.

You’ll be hard pressed to find a better occasion than the Fourth of July to rock solid white swimwear. Whether you plan to be lounging on a boat, playing at the beach, or sunning in the city, here are the best white bikini options for your holiday weekend festivities. Ursula’s gorgeous hair and killer bod not included (sorry!)

1. No need for accessories when wearing the Moeva London Hayley Bikini ($358), since it includes an on-trend choker.

2. Have you been working tirelessly on your headstand at hot yoga? Show off those shoulders in the Topshop Textured Halter Bikini ($42).

3. Conversely, look to the Marysia Swim Palm Springs Sporty Bikini Top ($141) and Marysia Swim Palm Springs High Waist Bikini Bottoms ($141) for a bit more coverage.

4. Not all of us were graced with large busts, so the Lisa Marie Fernandez Natalie Flounce Bikini ($495) adds some cleavage where we need it most.

5. She wore an itsy bitsy teeny-weeny white bikini: ViX Swimwear Solid White Stairs Bikini Top ($92) and Bottom ($80).

6. Think one-pieces can’t be sexy? Think again. Mara Hoffman Front Twist One Piece Swimsuit ($210).

7. If you constantly struggle with your straps staying in place, you’ll love the J.Crew Shoulder-Tie French Bikini Top ($44).

*Complete your beach body by getting rid of pesky cellulite and adding a of  (fake) color to your skin.

Happy Fourth!

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com

4e16ea9ba65cab7defd7f23f0c44ec94

#TBT: Black and White

By | fashion, tbt | 7 Comments
Black and white has been a killer fashion combination since Adam and Eve (kidding, but not really). It might be the most basic yet favored apparel pairing in fashion history. Whether in ‘60s mod, like the photo above, or on classic Chanel suits, this color pairing is far from neutral and has truly stood the test of time. What’s black and white and red all over? No, it’s not your high school algebra test. It’s you wearing these updated iterations with the perfect red lip!

1. Whether paired with a crop top or a plain white T-shirt, the Lisa Marie Fernandez Gingham Poplin Skirt ($495) is a statement look for a daytime brunch with flats.

2. Equal parts tough and sweet, Lionette By Noa Sade’s Gali Earrings ($135) will pair with countless outfits.

3. One-pieces are the new bikini, especially when they look like the Wildfox Bel Air Stripe Swimsuit ($150).

4. Scarves aren’t only for the colder months. The Donni Charm Picnic Bandana Scarf ($135) is a lightweight and playful option for the true dog days of summer.

5. Since hats are such a must-have item during the summer, you have no reason not to add the Genie by Eugenia Kim Cecily Hat ($88) to your collection.

6. Black and white sunglasses will go with ALL of your summer outfits. The Swarovski Diva Black and White Sunglasses ($250) get bonus points for their subtle, yet still noticeable, dose of sparkle. Can’t you just picture them on Marilyn Monroe?

7. The Elizabeth and James Enno Polka-Dot Cropped Top ($122) feels vintage-inspired but in a completely modern silhouette. Pair it with your favorite white skinny jeans for date night.

8. We’ve already deemed Soludos the must-have shoe of the summer, and their Black and White Barca Flat ($43) only supports that claim.

9. Want a clutch to wear to the countless summer weddings you have this summer? Look no further than Rafe’s Azura Asymmetric Striped Minaudiere ($495). The black and white coloring will match even the ugliest bridesmaid’s dress hue.

Wear one, or wear them all together! Black and white goes great with mixed patterns and prints.

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com

e461bc5bc4bc058d48adc5dd7e27c7ac

The List: Swimsuits To Buy Today

By | fashion, list | One Comment

Fringe, floral, high-waisted, and hipster bottoms: Summer 2015 is shaping up to be the season of a thousand swimsuit styles. We talked swimwear trends with designers Laura Poretzky-Garcia of Ete Swim and Morgan Curtis of Solid & Striped here, but now it’s time to pick our must-have, must own, must wear swimsuits of 2015. Below, our edit of the best swimsuits to buy today:

1. Vitamin A Esperanza Serra Wrap Bikini Top ($92) and Hipster California Cut Bikini Bottom ($84) – The cut-outs make it on trend while the hipster-style bottoms give way to fuller coverage. We love how this suit is sexy without being too skimpy.

2. Maaji Seastone Top ($68) and Hipsters Bottoms ($65) – The perfect bikini for those looking for added coverage on the top and bottom. We love how the underwire gives breast support while the full hipster bottoms lift and cover the entire backside (no skimpy Brazilian cuts here)!

3. Marysia Swim Palm Springs Sporty Bikini Top ($395) – If you’re looking for tummy support and added coverage on both top and bottom, this is the bikini for you. Our mommy friend swears by this get-up. Plus, the scalloped edges are a rather unique flair.

4. La Marée Navy Bikini Top ($120) and Navy Cheeky Bikini Bottom ($92) – If you’re a fan of the triangle top, look no further than La Marée’s updated take on the classic style. Tasseled detailing makes this a serious showstopper, while the bottoms draw inspiration from a more covered boyshort silhouette.

5. Zimmermann Admire V Tuck One Piece ($350) – When it comes to one-pieces, Zimmermann’s covers problem areas while still managing to exude sex appeal. It covers the stomach and supports the breasts with padding and V-wire for ample cleavage.

6. Eres Kube Satellite Cutout Bandeau Swimsuit ($550) – Eres, quite possibly, makes some of the most flatteringswimwear around. It’s pricey, but it’s classic colors and silhouettes will last a lifetime. This particular one-piece is actually a two piece from the back with a cinched waist in front to make everything look… well, more cinched!

7. Mara Hoffman Reversible Halter Bikini Top ($121) and Reversible Bikini Bottoms ($121) – She’s known for her colorful patterns and wide-range of shapes and styles. The halter is ideal for additional support, while the bottoms are more full, like a hipster bottom for added coverage. Somehow, with all of this coverage, the bikini still manages to exude serious sex appeal. That’s the beauty of Mara Hoffman.

69f1bb18d283ed8a7f9f390db691d3b2

Just One Thing: Overalls

By | fashion | 12 Comments

Much improved and more stylish than the Oshkosh variety you wore as a tot, overalls are an effortless wardrobe staple that every woman needs. Ignore your preconceived notions about looking like a painter or a farmer (we can thank Cher Horowitz for that comparison!): With the right fit and shape, overalls can actually exude an understated sexy vibe. Better yet, the silhouette lengthens your torso and legs so you look extra-long and lean. And with so many new fabrics and silhouettes to choose from, now is the perfect time to jump on that overall bandwagon. Here are our top overalls to buy ASAP:

White jean season is officially upon us, meaning every third pair of gams on the street is sporting them. AG Finn Overalls ($200) are ideal for this time of year, but add a fun twist to your standard milky denim.

Overalls at work? Probably not. Tibi Silk Overalls ($495) at work? Absolutely.

Alexander Wang’s Backless Overalls ($665) are definitely more nightclub than playground-appropriate. Pair them with your favorite stilettos for an easy night-on-the-town ensemble.

If you want a pair of overalls that you’ll wear time and time again, look no further than Paige Denim Sierra Overalls ($299). With the perfect white T-shirt, you can’t find an outfit that is more effortlessly chic.

Okay, we don’t exactly recommend wearing overalls for a walk down the aisle. However, the MSGM Lace Overalls ($580) are just that pretty that it could be possible.

With a cover-up this cute, you won’t even want to take it off to show your bathing suit at the beach: ASOS Soft Overall Beach Playsuit ($43).

More of a dress gal than pants? Frame Denim’s Le High Pencil Denim Overall Dress ($179) is for you. Go ahead, show off those legs. You’ve certainly done enough barre classes to earn it.

*Click through the slideshow above to view some of our favorite stylish ladies rocking the overall trend.

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com

26254_339505011503_174540416503_4039416_900507_n

Just One Thing: Sun Hats

By | fashion | 3 Comments

Summer is here at long last! Sun protection should be a priority all year long, but even more so during warmer months. Of course we know you would never be so careless as to go outside without sunscreen. However, a hat is necessary to truly protect and conceal your precious visage. Better yet, a hat is one of the easiest ways to throw some shade (pun intended) in a chic, ladylike way: both in function and style. Style icons of past and present have all turned to the sun hat as their staple summer go-to. Here are a few of our favorites:

Want to look like a Parisian goddess next time you hit the beach? Look no further than the Eugenia Kim Wide-Brim Striped Woven Straw Sunhat ($415). The pop of red on the brim of this hat is perfection… plain and simple.

The J. Crew Panama Hat ($58) has been a wardrobe staple for years, and for good reason at that. Get your man on board like Diane Kruger and sport matching fedoras together. You’ll look committed to each other AND sun-protection. Totes adorbs.

Things can get a bit messy if your hat doesn’t have the proper ventilation. Topshop Crochet Floppy Hat ($40) is light and airy but still shields you from harmful rays.

If you’re looking to mix things up, swap your normal sunhat for the Hat Attack Raffia Cap ($50). It’s sporty, yet much more fashion-forward than borrowing an old baseball cap from your brother.

Black and natural straw are the more versatile colors for a hat. Can’t decide between the two? Try Eric Javits Two-Tone Fedora ($138).
-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com

276a0f854fb29515ddc960baba2aaaeb

Swimwear Trends Of Summer 2015

By | fashion | 4 Comments

Summer is right around the bend and that means it’s time to dust off those swimsuits. As you’re getting yourself bikini body-ready, you’ll also want to be up on this season’s sexiest swimwear trends. And yes, there are plenty of new styles to suit everyone’s fancy. From high-waisted bottoms to underwire tops, cut-outs and mesh to stripes and florals, when it comes to swimsuits, summer 2015 is anything but a one-size-fits-all. We asked two of our favorite swimwear designers – Laura Poretzky-Garcia of Été Swim and Morgan Curtis of Solid & Striped – to give us the lowdown on all things swimwear for the coming season.

Beauty Banter: What are the big swimwear trends of the season?
Laura Poretzky-Garcia: Classic awning stripes, tones of nude, and florals.
Morgan Curtis: One-pieces, high-waisted bottoms, fringe, cut-outs, and mesh.

BB: What are the trendy colors and patterns or prints?
LPG: We love conversational prints like stars and pineapples. We also love any kind of stripe. Florals are big.
MC: Bright Colors, color-blocking, graphics, and placed conversationals.

BB: It seems that swimwear is getting more covered as opposed to skimpier – hipster briefs, longer tops and bottoms, full suits – why is this?
LPG: I think we are in a time where fashion is not so overtly sexy. There is a different definition to sexy, and it doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be half-naked. High-waisted suits and one-pieces are sexy in their own way, and so flattering!
MC: I think women are realizing modesty is even more sexy than revealing everything. They want to look classic and be comfortable.

BB: What type of suit should someone wear who wants to cover – or add support to – their stomach?
LPG: A great one-piece. We have one in particular called The Capri. It’s perfect for that problem area.
MC: High-waisted is always great because you can still show the skinniest part of your stomach right at your empire section. I would also recommend a one-piece that is covered from the front, but has a tasteful, sexy low back.

BB: What type of a suit should someone wear to cover – or add support to – their butt?
LPG: Something that is not tight around the thighs.
MC: A boy short cut will always enhance a butt – a little cheeky, while maintaining support.

BB: What type of a suit should someone wear to cover – or add support to – breasts?
LPG: Something with a little support such as an underwire or a pad. There are all types of great suits with these details. We have removable pads for support in most of our suits.
MC: For cup support, a tank cut will provide a nice hint of cleavage and also provide enough fabric around the body for support.

BB: What type of a suit should someone wear to cover – or add support to – thighs?
LPG: We love a great tank suit high cut ’80s style.
MC: For support to thighs, a one-piece helps to make the proportion of your legs seem longer and slimmer.

BB: What are your three favorite swimwear pieces for this summer?
LPG: Été Swim’s The Malibu, The Gigi, and The Capri.
MC: Solid & Striped’s “Morgan” bikini, the Anne-Marie one-piece, and the Bridget high-waisted bikini.

giovanna-battaglia-sandals

Under $100: 5 Sandals To Buy Today

By | fashion | 2 Comments

I’m having spring fever… big time. And that means that I want to buy every.single.open-toed.shoe. But unfortunately, my budget doesn’t really allow for daily splurges of my favorite brands like Tabitha Simmons and Aquazzura, so I’ve found another way to spend my time — and money: Finding the best sandals for under $100! And that’s exactly what I’ve done. Here are five of my favorites to buy – and wear – today (and well into summer):

1. Soludos Slingback Sandal in Leather Tan ($75) – Don’t these espadrille sandals make you want to walk the cobblestone streets of Capri with your woven basket bucket bag and your striped tee? ME TOO! Okay, for real, I’m obsessed with this brand (read all about it here), and these sandals are the perfect spring/summer shoe. The versatile tan hue makes these your go-to for bland and colorful outfit options. But they also come in white and black, which are equally as perfect and necessary, so feel free to buy all three.

2. J. Crew Cyprus Sandal ($72 *sale) – The crisscross slide-ons are everywhere for spring. I snatched these up about a month ago in black and loved them so much that I bought them in white, too. I’m seriously contemplating the red as well (I’m a sucker for a sale). They’re sleek, chic, and super comfy. Not to mention that they are the perfect multitasking handle: The simple to slide-on feature makes them an ideal choice for the beach, but the sophisticated cut makes them just as great for days spent working the city streets.

3. Michael Michael Kors Plate Jelly Thong Sandals ($59) – I confess, I found these from Giovanna Battaglia’s Instagram page. She lured me in with her sexy fetie (that’s a foot selfie; see image above). I immediately purchased and was shocked at how reasonable the price is. These are extremely comfortable and ideal for wet outings, like the beach or pool, as they are completely made of rubber (think of these as the updated version of jellies; a very big footwear fad for spring/summer). I’m a half-size, but these only come in whole sizes so I ordered a size up and they fit perfectly without looking too wide (which is always my concern when I have to order up).

4. Topshop Gladiator Fig Lace-Up Sandals ($65) – Gladiators are a huge trend for spring/summer, and there are literally hundreds of styles to choose from. I like these because they’re inexpensive and they have just the right amount of busyness (some gladiators are so full of laces and crisscrossing that they begin to feel like a chore to put on and remove). The fig lace-ups are both practical and stylish, which pretty much means that they are the perfect shoe. They also come in blackgold, and snakeskin, but the neutral brown shade contrasts beautifully against your summer-tanned skin.

5. ASOS Foresure Jelly Gladiator Sandals in Matte Black ($18) – A true remake of the jelly sandals from our youth, these updated jellies merge two huge footwear trends: The jelly and the gladiator. This matte black isn’t exactly summery, but I adore the zero-shine black color and can see myself wearing these with my more rocker-chic city ensembles. At a remarkable price – $18 – stock up on a few lighter hues, too.

463

Just One Thing: The Perfect White Tee

By | fashion, favorites | One Comment

Yup, in my white tee.” Okay, questionably catchy hip-hop lyrics aside, a white t-shirt is a quintessential wardrobe staple. Whether you wear one with boyfriend jeans, under a blazer, tucked into a skirt, or even under a dress for a more hipster look, a classic white t-shirt is something that no woman can – or should – live without. Although there are a plethora of perfect pairing options, finding the perfect style isn’t as simple (or abundant). The ideal white t-shirt must be roomy yet not baggy, opaque yet not too thick, soft yet not fragile, and drapey yet not sloppy. That’s a lot of requirements. While on the hunt for just one perfect white tee, we found five options worth exploring – and owning!

1. Our editor Sarah favors The Row Wesler Cotton-Jersey T-Shirt ($320). While definitely pricey, you will adore the fit and comfortable jersey material.

2. If you prefer a v-neck style, go with Everlane The Cotton V ($15). It’s crafted out of incredibly lightweight and soft Supima cotton and is flattering on a variety of chest sizes.

3. GAP Pure Body short-sleeve tee ($17) is the ideal fitting t-shirt for tucking into high-waisted pants or skirts. It’s so comfortable that you may find yourself wearing it to bed as well. Just make sure to add a bra before leaving the house; the opaque material can be on the see-through side (unless baring all is your thing).

4. During the dog days of summer, few fabrics feel better than linen. Topshop’s Linen V Neck Tee ($35) is a great companion to jean shorts or a maxi skirt. Unlike most linen, however, this shirt won’t wrinkle, even if you decide to wear it to an all-night dance party on the most humid day of the year.

5. To be worthy of the description perfect, a t-shirt has to lay just so. The  T by Alexander Wang Classic T with Pocket ($85) does it all, and keeps you looking rocker-cool without trying too hard.

Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com