Fashion Week Round-Up: Spring 2013 Hair Trends

trends
By October 11, 2012 7 Comments
FWHairLanding

Fashion Week Round-Up: Spring 2013 Hair Trends

I’ve always chosen the low-maintenance route when it comes to my hair. This is due, in part, to my limited ability to style and most certainly due to my impatience. However, I’m looking forward to spring 2013 to when I can try my hand at a few of the runway hair trends that could very well work with my pencil straight locks! From bed head to side parts to ponies, spring 2013 promises to offer up a style for every hair type.

Here are our 5 favorite spring 2013 hair trends, directly off of the runways of New York, London, Milan and Paris.

(1) Undone done hair. The hair that every cool girl covets, is one that doesn’t require any “real” styling – that effortless chic, bedhead morning look, of course. Why can’t we all roll out of bed looking like we’ve just walked off the runways? Le sigh. My inspiration for spring:

(Left to right: Rebecca Minkoff, Burberry Prorsum, Versace, Dries Van Noten)

NEW YORK
SHOW: Rebecca Minkoff
LEAD STYLIST: Jeanie Syfu for TRESemmé
LOOK: “Beachy waves with polished ends – 80’s feel of the collection called for a relaxed, chic style.”

LONDON
SHOW: Burberry Prorsum
LEAD STYLIST: Neil Moodie for Bumble and Bumble
LOOK: “Slightly unassuming but sexy, more definite wave.”

MILAN
SHOW: Versace
LEAD STYLIST: Guido
LOOK: “Natural, effortless, very dusty – think of the desert and the beach. A very cool-girl look, it should feel sexy and uncomplicated.”

PARIS
SHOW: Dries Van Noten
LEAD STYLIST: Paul Hanlon
LOOK: “ Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. It’s not a hairdo; it’s just a feeling of texture.”

(2) We’re taking sides. Which side are you taking? I’m a lefty. This season we’re not just seeing side parts, but deep side parts, and  I’m already a fan of the ease and simplicity. A hairstyle for all face shapes and it’s simple to achieve!

(Left to right: Derek Lam, Holly Fulton, Mila Schon, Lanvin)

NEW YORK
SHOW: Derek Lam
LEAD STYLIST: Orlando Pita for PHYTO
LOOK: “Modern, urban woman.”

LONDON
SHOW: Holly Fulton
LOOK: “1960s Patti McGee.”

MILAN
SHOW: Mila Schon
LOOK: “70s cool.”

PARIS
SHOW: Lanvin
LEAD STYLIST: Guido for Redken
LOOK: “Today’s woman – natural, beautiful, easy. Very cool girl, with a little bit of attitude.”

(3) Put ’em up! Updos can be tricky but a beautiful ‘do done right can make all of the difference. Whether it be a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” updo or a classic chignon, don’t be afraid to experiment and remember, practice makes perfect.

(Left to right: Oscar de la Renta, Issa, Dolce & Gabbana, Loewe)

NEW YORK
SHOW: Oscar de la Renta
LEAD STYLIST: Orlanda Pita
LOOK: “Audrey Hepburn’s Holly Golightly in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” It’s Holly Golightly meets Keith Haring.”

LONDON
SHOW: Issa
LEAD STYLIST: Malcolm Edwards
LOOK: “Marie Helvin-esque creature from the 70s.”

MILAN
SHOW: Dolce & Gabbana
LEAD STYLIST: Guido by Redken
LOOK: “The Sicilian woman. Light, summery, 60s, in the Riviera.”

PARIS
SHOW: Loewe
LEAD STYLIST: Guido for Redken
LOOK: “Quintessentially Spanish.”

(4) Hoppin’ in the shower. The wet hair look is quite refreshing.. literally! Put those hair dryers away ladies and grab some product for that slick and wet look. Grunge with a modern day twist (no pun intended).

(Left to right: Mandy Coon, Osman, Alberta Ferretti, Nina Ricci)

NEW YORK
SHOW: Mandy Coon
LEAD STYLIST: Antonio Corral Calero for Moroccanoil
LOOK: “Wet look of 80s actress Bridgett Neilson – downtown and underground.”

LONDON
SHOW: Osman
LEAD STYLIST: Nick Irwin for TIGI
LOOK: “Late 80s, early 90s wet waves.”

MILAN
SHOW: Alberta Ferretti
LEAD STYLIST: Guido for Redken
LOOK: “Light, liquid. Wet goddesses coming out from the water.”

PARIS
SHOW: Nina Ricci
LEAD STYLIST: Guido for Redken
LOOK: “Classic French twist for the modern woman.”

(5) Pony up. I’m a huge fan of the ponytail; it’s easy and can totally change the feel of your look. Whether loose, center-parted or super slicked, ponytails are here to stay.

(Left to right: Alexander Wang, Markus Lupfer, Versus, Christian Dior)

NEW YORK
SHOW: Alexander Wang
LEAD STYLIST: Guido for Redken
LOOK: “New spin on the ponytail – robotic, sleek, yet natural and slightly disheveled.”

LONDON
SHOW: Markus Lupfer
LEAD STYLIST: Alex Brownsell for Bumble and Bumble
LOOK: “Ethereal mermaid.”

MILAN
SHOW: Versus
LEAD STYLIST: Guido for Redken
LOOK: “60s super slick, ultra shiny, stick-straight ponytail.”

PARIS
SHOW: Christian Dior
LEAD STYLIST: Guido for Redken
LOOK: “Low, shiny ponytail. Very strong, very utilitarian.”

~By Beauty Banter’s in-house assistant, Sara Ng.