Eye Defining Pencil in Exotic Teal $35

Products Used:
Eye Quad in Emerald Lust $75
Cheek Color in Narcissist $55
Plum Absolute for Eyes
Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naviete $45
Lip Color in Aphrodisiac $48
Eye Defining Pencil in Exotic Teal $35

 How To: For this look, I played with color: blue on the eyes, pink on lips and cheeks. I find an aqua blue smoky eye to be particularly alarming (navy and cobalt are most definitely easier shades to work with), but that is why I wanted to try this quad; *(the Enchanted quad is a range of pinks and reds which would’ve matched beautifully with the lips and cheeks). I started by covering my entire lid with the whitish-silver shadow, sweeping it up to my brow bone. Next came a mix of the green and turquoise and that covered just the lid. I used the darkest blue in the quad as my liner, lining the top and bottom lash lines and smoking outwards ever so subtly. I lined my inner water line with a wonderfully supple teal eyeliner pencil. For cheeks, I dabbed the blush brush into the powder and applied primarily on my apples, dusting toward my temples as I wanted the majority of color to be on the apples of my cheeks. Lips were a layering effect of a matte fuchsia with the glossy hot pink. To pull in the pink from my lips to my eyes, I made the thinest of lines on the outer corner of my top lash line with the Plum Absolute, a very hard cream liner/ shadow. In retrospect, I could have skipped this step as it really didn’t hold its own against all of that blue.

Did You Know: To stay on trend with a colored eye and alternating lip shade, skip the quad and simply use the teal liner to create a thin kitten eye on the upper lash line. This light pop of color will look lovely with the pink cheek and glossy lips. And Tom Ford liners are my absolute favorites – great pigment quality and so easy to use, they glide right on!

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!