Fall 2012: MAC Cosmetics Styleseeker Collection

makeup
By September 17, 2012 18 Comments
mac

Fall 2012: MAC Cosmetics Styleseeker Collection

Collection: Styleseeker  Collection 2012

Products Submitted:
Eyeshadow x 2 in On The Hunt $27.50
Eyeshadow x 2 in Marche Aux Puces $27.50
Powder Blush in Worldly Wealth $20
Powder Blush in Supercontinental $20
Powder Blush in Hidden Treasure $20
Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Dark Diversion $15
Lipglass in Ready to Roam $15
Lipglass in Restless $15
Lipglass in Eclectic Edge $15
Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Camden Chic $15
Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Eden Rouge $15
Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Delectable $15

Products Used:
Eyeshadow x 2 in Marche Aux Puces $27.50
Powder Blush in Hidden Treasure $20
Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Dark Diversion $15
Lipglass in Restless $15
Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Camden Chic $15

How To: I started by applying the golden shade of shadow in the Marche aux Puces duo to my lid, continuing with the burnt brick reddish hue along the crease. I smoked the burnt brick hue up and out just a bit so that when I applied the gel liner, it would blend better. I used a thin brush and, starting with a kitten wing (not a complete cat eye wing), I worked my way inward creating a thin line on my upper lash line. The gel liner is an extremely dark plum shade and, while you may think it would clash with the reddish undertones of the other products, it actually complimented them quite nicely (both shadow and liner have a hint of maroon in their color spectrum). The blush is highly pigmented in a red shade so I used a very small amount, dabbing my brush, blowing the excess, and applying from just under my pupils in an upward sweeping motion toward my hairline for a more dramatic effect. I finished with lips, using the Mattene lipstick in Camden Chic, again, a brackish red, but found it to be a bit too matte for the look, so I applied the Lipglass in Restless over the top, focusing on the center of my lips to add shine and punch. The result is not your average crimson red but a deeper, more vibrant red that actually matches the changing colors of fall’s leaves.

Did You Know: Colored eyes are big for fall, especially ones in the red color spectrum – burnt brick mixes reds, oranges and browns to bring you a wearable take on the trend. MAC’s duo shadows are  perfect for the woman who isn’t certain of her lid and crease color matches. Always use the lighter hue as your main, lid color, and the darker shade as your crease color. You can also apply the darker shade under your lower lash liner for a more traditional smoky eye. This lip pairing is my favorite in the collection, and sure to be a huge fall hit.

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!

  • Claire Marrow

    Wow such a helpful post. Thank you. What are the other nine brands coming up? Can’t wait.

  • Natalie Macdaniels

    Such a pretty photo

  • Alyssa

    Love the lips! Excited to read about the other fall launches!

  • Carolyn Anger

    The red lip is perfect. I love the color and the lipstick layered with a gloss. It goes perfectly with the dark (but not too dark) eye. The perfect fresh-faced fall look!

  • Jackie

    Love the shadow duo!!

  • Pingback: GIVEAWAYS GALORE! 20+ FABULOUS BEAUTY PRODUCT & FASHION GIVEAWAYS! | yourbeautyjunkie()

  • I love the burnt colors for eyes!

  • Beauty Banter

    Hi Claire,
    Check back for the next month to see the other 9 brands and looks. I promise, you won’t be disappointed!

    Xoxo
    Sarah

  • Michelle S

    I love the contour of her cheeks and the crimson of her lips. This entire look is gorgeous with the navy top! I love fall colors!

  • So excited about the reddish colored eyes for this fall, and the contoured cheek! So chic. Have always loved this look and really love that it’s coming back. I have some fairly good cheekbones, so this really excites me on a personal level as well. Keep the other looks coming and can’t wait to see them! Awesome so far!!!

  • donna simon

    This is some of the most beautiful makeup I’ve seen. Love the lipstick!!

  • Aishah

    Loving the lipstick! 😀

  • Jen

    Wonderful colors!

  • Kellie Rose Wilson

    I love the burnt colors for eyes and want to try this! Tweeting @kelliechio :)

  • Tabatha Murray

    Anything by Mac Makeup and its always a good look.

  • Nanna

    Your lips looks stunning in the picture!

  • 6- Obtaining out of shape of overweight which typically results in thickness from the neck and soft tissues