Fall 2012: Dior Beauty’s Golden Jungle Collection

makeup
By October 18, 2012 5 Comments
Dior_1crop

Fall 2012: Dior Beauty’s Golden Jungle Collection

Collection: Golden Jungle Collection

Products Submitted:
Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Golden Savannah 774 $59
Panther Eyeshadows and Lip Gloss in Golden Browns 002 $70
All-In-One Artistry Palette in Khaki Design 308 $59
Dior Addict Lipstick in Daring 962 $30
Dior Addict Lipstick in Wild 646 $30

Products Used:
Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Golden Savannah 774 $59
Dior Addict Lipstick in Wild 646 $30

How To: This look is about the eye, so I made sure to go big. I started with the middle shadow shade – a shimmery pale gold – and applied as the base, from lash line to brow bone. I used the gold color on the entire lid, followed by the light matte brown in the crease. I applied the dark brown shade to the corners and smudged under the lower lash line for a full eye (not necessarily smoky as I didn’t smoke out the top much). Lastly, I lined the upper lash line with the same dark brown hue by using the applicator that comes in the palette (a great trick that I learned from Megan McIntyre of Refinery 29. I used the sheer beigey-pink Dior Addict Lipstick on my lips as well as the apples of my cheeks, a genius trick that Violette, a Dior makeup artist, taught me while in Paris last year. For some added highlight, I dabbed my finger into the center shadow and applied to brow and cheek bones.

Did You Know: Using a palette really takes the guessing work out of choosing your complimentary shades – but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a dozen different ways to wear the colors. For example, try a daytime eye by nixing the dark brown hue all together. Or work a pale eye into the mix by simply covering your lid with the bright gold shadow and nothing else.

  • Cynthia

    Love the lipstick colour. Subtle and classic.

  • Gina F.

    I love this overall look. Definitely says Fall to me!

  • April

    One of my fave fall looks, gorgeous browns with a bit of sparkle!

  • Catherine

    To me this says holidays, which start in the fall. The warm golden tones light up the face and really bring a sparkle to your complexion!

    fb: Catherine Wallace
    twitter: @catwallace22

  • Maria

    Love, love, love the eyes!