Face Value: The Golden Globes 2015
As Justin Timberlake likes to say, The Golden Globes is “taking sexy back.” WOAH. So many hot, feminine, fierce, gorgeous women flaunting their hot, feminine, fierce, gorgeous assets on the red carpet. Award season has officially arrived, and it’s looking to be quite a season indeed.
For beauty, here are the ladies who gave best face (and hair):
*follow along with the slideshow above.
1. Jennifer Lopez – Ummm, she’s 45 — WTF?! That hair, the golden honey-hue that plays so beautifully against her golden honey skin. The va-va-volume that screams sex head. And that perfectly sultry, smokey eye paired with the pasty nude lip? COME ON, J.LO! She’s really outdone herself.
2. Sienna Miller – Loving this bob, exaggerated side part, and uber texture. It’s like the antithesis of a sleek and sophisticated bob. This girl – and her ‘do’s – got some major edge. A glowing complexion and natural makeup seal the sexy deal.
3. Jessica Chastain – Old Hollywood glam just had a run for its money. Gorgeous loose waves, sideswept bangs, and an exaggerated side part play wonderfully with her metallic, bronzy smokey eye and mauve lip.
4. Naomi Watts – Like a lesson in color, Naomi’s classic red lip pops against her fair skin and bold yellow dress. Mega lashes give eyes that coveted come-hither effect, while hair is kept in its staple style: Side part, bot of texture and bobbed.
5. Kerry Washington – Olivia Pope can do no wrong (except that dress… ummm… NO!). But her makeup is all glam. Kohl-rimmed eyes and a berry lip, paired with a beautiful updo, make Kerry the poster child for sophistication.
6. Emily Blunt – Loving this braided halo updo! The mauvey eyes and peachy lips and cheeks give her an innocent ladylike vibe. It all feels fresh and light and even a bit lady-in-the-countryside.
7. Reese Witherspoon – While the makeup is certainly on point (especially those hyper-flushed cheeks), I would’ve loved to see a bit more texture and spice to her hair. Happy she wore it down, but the exaggerated side part and sideswept bangs felt a little been-there-done-that. All-in-all, a beautiful award show look, so she makes the cut.
8. Lupita Nyong’o – She slayed the carpet at every award show last year, and this year is shaping up to be a repeat. Love the deep purple eyelids which match the dress (yes, matchy-matchy works when done right). And this girl can rock some color. The glossy berry lips are bright and beautiful and really add to the eggplant hue of the garment. A big YES to the natural hair!
9. Chrissy Teigen – Very few women can pull off a pony for a red carpet gala, but Chrissy does more than merely pull it off, she obliterates it (it’s all in the texture, which is clearly a hair trend of 2015 award season). I absolutely love her honey-hued hair color (thanks to celebrity colorist Tracey Cunningham). And again, like J.Lo, the hair and skin tone are like a study on perfect pairing shades. Subtle yet significant makeup draws the eye to those model features. Oh, and that dress… YES!
10. Emma Stone – The lob is fiery red and fiercely textured. Stunning and sexy kohl-rimmed cat eyes and a berry matte lip, combined with her killer jumpsuit give this entire look a fresh spin on red carpet glam. While it’s non-traditional, it is very much GLAMOROUS a la 2015.
Who was YOUR favorite look of the night?