Face Value: Golden Globes 2014

The Golden Globes wowed with its celebration of beautiful gowns, stunning makeup and intricate hair styles. Would we expect anything less? Not in the least. Here, we break down the winners and the losers… when it comes to the Globes beauty.

1. Amber Heard – She looked stunning! While the hair was a bit over-the-top for my liking, it actually worked with her sultry chocolate eyes, defined skin and nude lips. But those eyes are seriously seductive.

2. Cate Blanchett – Can she be anymore perfect? The hair, like spun gold resting nicely behind her ear, that skin (oh my, oh my the flawless complexion), gorgeous and glowing, and the minimal makeup (a nice berry/ red stain for the lips) really allows Cate’s natural features to shine through.

3. Gwyneth Paltrow – Love, love, love this lady and her exceptional chicness. The hair was flawless in a low knot, as was the makeup, simple yet elegant. Wouldn’t expect anything less from Gwynie. Although it would have been nice if she actually walked the red carpet….. but….

4. Jennifer Lawrence – What a knock out! The lightly dusted lilac-grey eyes, brick-hued lips and platinum hair all gave the feeling that this girl was in it to win it. Award show mojo, for sure.

5. Julia Roberts – She looks impeccable for her years, and her signature smokey eye/ nude lip are right on track but, in all honesty, I am not a fan of this hair. Like a Texas bouffant, although somehow she still manages to pull it off.

6. Kate Beckinsale – Gorgeous and classy. Love this messy chignon (now THIS is how you do an updo) and her makeup is flawless. Perfect all around.

7. Kerry Washington – She’s one of my favorites and that pregnancy glow is dominating the photo! Love her sexy dark eye, nude lip and exaggerated side part with flowing  waves. Gorge!

8. Rashida Jones – This dark lip color and perfectly lined cat eye look stellar or Jones. And the top knot is cute and a bit quirky, right on point for Jones.

9. Reese Witherspoon – Does Reese ever look bad? She’s adorable, but predictable. While her lob is most certainly the cut of 2014, the entire look was a bit bland. I wish she would have, at the very least, applied a red lipstick!

10. Taylor Schilling – Eeks. Too much of everything, especially eye makeup. She’s a beautiful girl, but this makeup ages her.

  • Kate Beckinsale was probably my favorite overall! I loved her dress and her makeup (although it got a bit shiny).