Category:  celebrity looks

rose-byrne-720x720

Face Value: The Emmy’s 2013

By | celebrity looks | 2 Comments

Award season has officially begun! Like Christmas is September. The 65th Primetime Emmy’s red carpet showed a wide display of beauty looks from the classic glam to the not-so-glamorous. Staple trends included the retro waves, signature red lips and the standard dark eyes, nude pout. But, as with all award shows, there are winners and there are losers – even when it comes to hair and makeup.

Click on the slideshow above to see our breakdown of best and worst faces from Emmy 2013.

Anna Faris – Eeks, that shade of bleached blonde is blinding me! Too much eyes, too much lip, too much peroxide. Not a fan of this look but still have crazy love for Anna.

Anna Gunn – Wow! She’s smoking (gun reference intended). I like how she kept it sophisticated but still age appropriate. The makeup doesn’t overwhelm, it enhances. And I’m actually really digging this updo (and I’m not a fan of the red carpet undo).

Claire Danes – This is the first I’ve seen of the bob and… the jury’s still out. I can’t tell if I like it or find it a bit too high fashion for the girl-next-door. I do think that Claire cleans up really well and she fits the red carpet part of girl-gone-glam. Classy Claire.

Connie Britton – I have such a girl crush on Ms. Britton. Her hair is AH-MAZING (always!). Thick, shiny, ginger locks. And the retro waves work well for the actress, especially paired with her signature nude lip and mega lashes.

January Jones – I’ve said this several times – nobody does Mad Men glam quite like J.Jones. That red lip, 60s hair, done up to perfection. She’s the queen of era’s past. Sometimes, January can look a bit off on the red carpet but last night, I think she killed it. Love that she kept the hair glam with the side part and retro waves. The makeup is interesting and I had to look at it several times before coming to the decision that it’s awesome. A rose smokey eye with bright white inner corners? A classic gone futuristic!

Kate Mara – This is my favorite beauty look of the evening. That sleek hair (the length is genius), parted on the side, brushed straight to perfection. The makeup! Flawless skin, beautiful arches, nude lip and the best smokey eye I’ve seen in a long, long time. It’s classic makeup meets contemporary hair and it works!

Lena Dunham – Green eye makeup to match her green dress? Uh… NO. Love you, though.

Lily Rabe – This is like attack of the bleach bottle. That blonde is so, so blonde. Paired with the dark eye and even darker lip, it’s like an angry, aggressive face that wants to attack my eyes. Tone it all down and this would’ve worked.

Mindy Kaling – Another killer updo that I’m really into! And her classic dark, smokey eye and nude lip give Mindy major glam points. There’s nothing funny about this look – it’s fab (okay, that was the worst attempt at a joke… ever)!

Rose Byrne – OBSESSED with this hair! Although I love the actress with her natural chestnut locks, I am definitely not mad at the golden highlights. And the length is perfect for this season’s trendy lob (long bob). Harry Josh (hair stylist extraordinaire) created quite the glam ‘do: side part, loose curls and some added volume for good measure. Rose always wears a great smokey eye, but last night’s mauve-pink lips were the ideal pairing (as opposed to a completely bare pout which would have washed out the new hair hue).

Taylor Schilling – Doesn’t she clean up nicely! I hardly recognized Taylor without the orange jumpsuit. She followed red carpet protocol to a T. Side part, check. Glam waves, check. Red lips, check. Lashes, lashes, and more lashes… check.

RMS-met

How To: Punk Up Your Makeup

By | celebrity looks, how to | 4 Comments

With the Met Ball 2013’s theme being punk, rocker-chic is on the minds of fashionistas worldwide. You can punk up your wardrobe quite effortlessly. Do as my girl crush Sienna Miller did and accessorize with Eddie Borgo’s studded necklace  (the bracelet is pretty punk too) or  Genevieve Jone’s safety pin earrings (I own and LOVE these). But when it comes to makeup, punk can be gravely misinterpreted and tragically overdone. We asked makeup artist extraordinaire Rose-Marie Swift , owner of organic color line RMS Beauty, who painted the faces of beauties like Gisele, Lily Aldridge and Miranda Kerr (one of my personal favorite looks) for the Met’s Chaos to Couture themed gala to impart her rocker-girl wisdom on us common folk at home. Here are Rose-Marie’s tips for punking up your beauty routine (and still looking fierce, not frightening):

“Start by applying a moisturizing foundation that will not look dry or powdery. Glowing is great for a modern day punk look. RMS Beauty “un”cover-up is what I used on Gisele.

Contour and shape the face to sculpt strong angles. We are aiming for a strong look but don’t go too heavy. Blending is the secret to avoid a harsh look. Try a darker shade of RMS Un Cover-Up to contour. For Gisele, I used #33 as foundation and #44 to shade. If you’re fair, try #11 as your foundation and #33 as your contour.

A black raw smokey eye is created preferably with a cream shadow to get a slight creasing for that slept in look. That is both sensuous and alluring without looking cheap. Use RMS Beauty “Karma” Cream Eye Shadow, I used it on both Gisele and the model from the photo (above).

Create a slight blended cat eye for a more wearable look. So that it doesn’t look too 1980’s – and has more of a contemporary spin – concentrate on just a slight sideways oval shape. Don’t go too black because that can borderline in the rock and roll, runway-only direction.

Add glow to reflect light. RMS Living Luminizer or a bit of oil to the cheekbones works well. Stay away from a frosted highlighter direction or it gets too glam.

Powder only in the t-zone and keep it subtle. RMS Beauty “un”powder is fantastic for this purpose. A too heavy powdered look looses the punk effect and ends up looking heavy and flat.

To modernize the look, keep the lips more natural with RMS Beauty Lip Shine in Moment. If you choose to go extreme, use a dark rich reddish burgundy. RMS Beauty lip2cheek in Rapture mixed with Illusive is an ideal color. Stay away from bright red as that, again, changes the look towards a more glam direction

Comb the eyebrows up with a little brow gel or hair spray. For more drama, darken the brow slightly using a soft brown powder shadow.

Lastly, you can add a strong line of black kohl pencil along the inside waterline of the eye for a more dramatic effect.”

–Rose-Marie Swift

*shop all of Rose-Marie’s product picks by clicking on the actual product above.*

*photos courtesy of RMS Beauty; photo credit: Taea Thale

A Look Back: Met Ball 2012

By | celebrity looks | 5 Comments

Tonight’s the night: The Oscar’s of fashion, where celebrities and supermodels will don gowns, jewels and an array of lipstick shades to pay homage to British punk culture. The Met Gala is finally here and you can watch the red carpet live at 7PM EST through Moda Operandi.

In preparation of tonight’s festivities, let’s take a look back at some of the most beautiful faces from the Met Ball 2012: Schiaparelli and Prada’s Impossible Conversations.

In the slideshow:
Amber Heard (A coral lip and come hither eyes)
Beyonce (bare faced and beautiful)
Carey Mulligan (strong, dramatic eyes)
Camilla Belle (love this dark lip)
Doutzen Kroes (orange lips are very on trend)
Diane Kruger (fresh-faced and spring-y)
Gisele (bare faced with fantastic bone structure!)
Jessica Alba (sexy in her exaggerated side part and red lips)
Jessica Biel (blunt bangs, pencil straight hair and dewy skin)
Jessica Chastain (with her signature Old Hollywood glam curls and red lip)
Joan Smalls (smoky eye/ nude lip combo)
Karlie Kloss (love all of these colors – lips and eyes are bright and bold)
Kate Bosworth (that dark lip is everything)
Rihanna (light makeup and esoteric buns)
Rooney Mara (berry stained lips)
Rosie Huntington- Whiteley (gilded lids and impossibly flawless complexion)
Scarlett Johansson (on trend with a creamy coral lip).

red landing page

Trend: The Redhead

By | celebrity looks, hair, trends | 10 Comments

Is red the new blonde… or brunette? A recent trend that has been gracing the red carpets is the bottled red head. Not your classic ginger haired shade that graces ladies like Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Chastain and Deborah Messing, this new hyper-hue is taking over celebrities (un)natural blonde and brunette locks and turning them… well… red. Celebrities have been known to be chameleons when it comes to their hair hue – just have a glance at supermodel Linda Evangelista and her ever changing blonde, brunette, red, rust, and black mane.

If you are dark-haired by birth, then a red that is deep and almost auburn or cranberry will look best.

If you are fair-haired by birth, then a firey, strawberry  red will suite your look.

Here are the most recent bottled red heads:

The blonde and sometimes brunette Rachel McAdams was recently seen with a strawberry shade.

rachel mcadams red

Raven-haired beauty Megan Fox goes red for a movie part  (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

megan fox - red

Modern Family star Ariel Winter debuts her new role as a redhead on Instagram.

ariel winter - red

Blonde beauty Dianna Agron gives herself a vibrant ginger hair makeover.

dianna agron red

Michelle Trachtenberg took her brunette locks to the red side.

michelle trachtenberg red

Will you be going red this season?

oscars 2013

Face Value: The Oscars 2013

By | celebrity looks | No Comments

Trends of the night: black and silver sequined gowns, tight, high updos, and pale pink lips. Yes, I’m talking about the 2013 Academy Awards, and while there weren’t any tragic beauty failures, I still have my picks for hits and misses.

Here are the best and worst faces of the Oscars 2013:

Adele – Did anyone else notice that she changed her hair and makeup a few times? Took the hair down (which I thought was a wise choice) and added a red lip (which was a bit overload). Eyes are killer feline and skin is flawless – staples for Adele.

Amanda Seyfried – The lilac shadow is a nice touch but somehow takes this look from glam to gimmicky. Amanda is a stunner. Old Hollywood curls and a red lip would have made more of a splash.

Anne Hathaway – Annie is a little bit like Groundhog’s Day for me – the look hasn’t changed much from red carpet to red carpet. She’s an attractive girl, but I wasn’t jumping for joy. Although she opted out of her signature red lip, I would have loved to see a dark, brooding eye and a nude mouth for something new.

Charlize Theron – So few people can pull off this boy cut, but Charlize does it with ease. And that skin – it literally glows from the halo perched above her pretty little head. She’s like an adult version of Tinkerbell — magical!

Helena Bonham Carter – Always my favorite red carpet hair disaster. What is up with HBC and her beehives? Fire that hair stylist, woman! This is not your jam.

Jennifer Hudson – Her body’s looking fit but that hair is weighing her down! Makeup is perfectly appropriate but she needs to chop off about 5 inches… asap.

Jennifer Lawrence – Everything about this look screamed regal – from the billowing strapless dress to the loose updo. And that décolletage – oh my! How sexy is beautiful skin? Love, love, love. And congrats on the win!

Jessica Chastain – Undoubtedly, my favorite look of the night. Old Hollywood glam with a current twist. The gorgeous ginger-hued hair color, deep side part, loose curls and fire engine red lips – all perfection. Bravo!

Melissa McCarthy – Woah, hair (and flushed cheeks!). It’s like a finger in an electrical socket. Too much, too high, and too sprayed. It’s like a bad version of a 1980s ‘do.

Salma Hayek – The hair is like a top knot gone a-wall. It’s so big! I’m digging the charcoal smoky eye and nude lip, but wish she paired it with a softer updo. Sorry, hot stuff.

Sandra Bullock – Love the pencil-straight hair with the side part and the adorned pin. I find the makeup to be a tad caked on, but I am definitely feeling the neutral hues. All-in-all, I like this look for Sandy.

Stacy Keibler – I weirdly like this hair. It’s got a bit of 1920’s flapper mixed with a 2013 show girl. And while her forehead doesn’t move a muscle, those eyebrows are thick and fabulous! Way to go, Mrs. Clooney.

grammys-landing-page

Face Value: The Grammys 2013

By | celebrity looks | 2 Comments

Wow. The Grammys red carpet really knows how to keep your interest piqued. From fly aways to ex Fly Girl’s and their bare legs, the best part of the show was most definitely before any of the awards were even presented. While I live for the glamour of Oscar and the Globes, you pretty much always know what you’re going to expect. The music set, however, is more apt to take chances with their looks. And chances they took!

Here were my favorite and not-so-favorite Grammy 2013 faces:

Alexa Chung – This may just be my favorite look of the evening– and she’s not even in the music industry! This candy apple, fire engine red lip was a big trend for the night, and Alexa wears a red lip right: she keeps the rest of her makeup minimal. I’m really into this loose updo with great face-framing fringe.

Beyonce – Chic yet understated. She keeps it klassy with a capital K. Hair is pulled back into a simple pony, makeup is minimal (for Queen B), and the red lips mean diva.

Carrie Underwood – Eh, it’s all a little too beauty pageant for me. That hair is SO MUCH, she could take out 50 percent of the extensions and still have volume to spare. And although the makeup is pretty, it’s bordering on Barbie. Glossy lips, pink blush, dark smoky eye. What happened to glam Carrie?

Florence Welch – Oy. What happened? I love, love, love this ginger haired songstress, but I’m not love, love, loving this look — at all. While I’m not mad at the loose updo, that brick red lipstick is too damn dark for Flo’s thin lips. And I know that I don’t usually comment on the dresses, but  feel like I can’t not. WTF is this green confection? Designer space suit?

Jennifer Lopez – Talk about lengthening a figure (and undressing a leg). Could that top knot be perched any higher on her head? JLo sports her signature dark eyes and nude lips, and does so with ease. Skin is glowing and has a gorgeous tone, as per usual. But the forehead ain’t moving even if you sucker punched her. That thing is so shiny, I can see P Diddy’s reflection.

Katy Perry – She is such a beautiful girl but tonight, the hair looks seems to be channeling Elvira — that color is about three shades too black. And the nude lipstick is a shade too light so it washes out Katy’s paler complexion. I like my girl best with bold lips. The eyes are straight DIVA, however, so kudos on mega lashes.

Kimbra – This entire look – dress included – is like the hipster winning prom queen. The hair has a cool 1950s vibe and the red lip is right on-trend. The gown, on the other hand, is such a culture shock from hair and makeup that it almost, almost works.

Rihanna – Gorgeous. From that trendy candy apple red lip to the perfect ombre hair (billowing down and down and down…. I’m going to make a bold statement and bet that it’s not real… eeks). Maybe it’s true what they say. Maybe being in love really does show through the skin… Then again, when it’s Chris Brown that “love” refers to, maybe not. That beautiful glow comes courtesy of her island roots!

Solange Knowles – When I mentioned fly away hairs in the opening, this is who I was referring to. What is up with that hair? I love a volumized look, but this just seems unkept, finger-in-socket, step out of bed and onto the red carpet. And can Solange at least pretend to be enjoying herself? This is the Grammys, woman, smile.

Taylor Swift – Pretty as a princess, with the milk maid hair to match. She looks great – contemporary, cute, age-appropriate with smoldering grey smoky eyes that give a pop of rock and roll.

golden globes beauty

Face Value: The Golden Globes 2013

By | celebrity looks | 3 Comments

Award season has officially begun– and it started with a bang! First of all, I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as hard while watching one of these award shows (save for Ricky Gervais’ hosting stint). Yes, I was mostly laughing at how theater arts Anne Hathaway’s two speeches were (someone tweeted that Annie pulled a Kanye), but all of the SNL presenters did a phenomenal job keeping my smile wide.

Now, onto the beauty. While white seems to be the new color for black tie events (I’ve never seen so many wedding gown looks on a red carpet post Labor Day!), nude lips, glam waves and golden skin were a few of the beauty trends that made a splash on the carpet.

Here, a few of the best and worst faces of Golden Globes beauty, 2013.

Adele – Call the hair police, this woman’s updo is breaking the law. That was cheesy, I know, but so too is this beehive! Ugh, I so love Adele, why’d she have to pull a Texan beauty pageant style out for the Globes? As always, that liner is killer. Meow.

Anne Hathaway – Sure, I cringed while she gave her acceptance speech but the berry lipstick and pixie cut are a great look for Annie. Now, if only she could learn to keep her mouth shut!

Claire Danes – The hair is a bit too volumized for my liking, but I can get over that. I can’t, however, come to terms with the smoky eye. It looks dirty and it ages dear Claire.. Too much smoke.

Emily Blunt – I love this princess hair do! And her lightly smoked, chestnut eye and nude glazed lips are perfect to accompany that mega bun.

Eva Longoria – Is she or isn’t she a Parker? I seriously can’t keep up. On the beauty front, I’m quite ambivalent about this look. While her hair is a wee bit too high and her lashes a tad too long, I do love the classic dark eye and nude lip. So glam.

Jennifer Lawrence – I know that JenLove (that was such a good call!) is the it-girl du jour, but I’m not totally dying over this look. I feel like she is drowning in eye shadow. So much eye makeup makes her eyes appear a bit small. And while the updo is pleasant and pretty, I would’ve loved to see her hair down and pencil straight. I want some attitude, JenLove! Werk it.

Jessica Alba – Of all the glam hair, Jessica wears my favorite. Clean side part, perfect amount of bounce in the curls. And subbing a bold orange for red is a brave move, but one that she pulls off effortlessly. BTW, this hair color works so well with her olive skin tone. J’adore the ombre.

Jessica Chastain – Her acceptance speech was one of my favorites (I love a good struggle/ success story!), and Jessica is a beautiful woman but this was not her finest hour in the hair department. While the berry lip is sufficient (although I would have preferred a crimson red hue), this hair style is making the poor girl look as though she is balding! I get what they were going for – Hollywood glam circa the classics – but that center part needs to be a side part, ASAP.

Kerry Washington – I am obsessed with this lob (long bob) and blunt bangs. It’s perfection on Ms. Kerry. Pastels are having a moment at present, and Kerry pulls off a burst of pale purple on the inner corners of her lids like a pro.

Megan Fox – Megan Fox is so sexy, I don’t understand why she went and made her face almost unrecognizable! Lay off the botox and fillers, woman. The side part and retro curls are killing it though. I really hope the hair isn’t fake too! On a more positive note, I like her use of white eye pencil in her lower waterline to accentuate her eyes.

Michelle Dockery – I love her on Downton Abbey without much makeup (get her Downton look here), and I love her in 2013 with sexy lashes and a nude lip. BTW, I have total brow envy. Michelle’s arches just found themselves a place on my vision board.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley – Sheer perfection. The skin radiates, the makeup defines but doesn’t overwhelm and that exaggerated side part without curls is very new Hollywood glam. And I’m obsessed with this salmon lip color that I’m quite certain is Burberry…

Sienna Miller – She’s my girl crush and I’m totally crushing on her ability to glow with virtually no makeup. The natural lips and eyes (marked by just a bit of mascara), and the hair pulled up and away from her face, really let Sienna’s complexion radiate. I must find out what foundation she is wearing because her skin is flawless here!

Taylor Swift – She’s pretty, that’s a fact. But I was hoping for more attitude in her look. At least give us the bangs, woman! Everything seems a bit too polite. I’m not mad at it, I just want more…. something…

Tina Fey – Kills it! that hair has just the right amount of volume while her makeup is red-carpet appropriate without losing sense of Tina’s silly self.

Who do you think gave best face?

image001

How-To: The Perfect Hollywood Holiday Look

By | celebrity looks | One Comment

We all want to look our best come Holiday season – if not for Santa Clause, than most definitely for the party circuit. So, what is the perfect holiday look? There are infamous looks. We’ve gone through a good 8 different looks on this site alone. The decision factor can be mildly overwhelming. Come on, we are knee-deep in hottie-tottie holiday outfit options!

So, we decided to ask the awesome Beau Nelson, celebrity makeup artist for the likes of Blake Lively, Sienna Miller and Kim Cattrall, to share in his perfect Hollywood Holiday look. After all, Hollywood is the fairest land of them all (wink, wink) – even if it doesn’t snow or get cold enough to rock a parka.

Beau Nelson gives us an exclusive step-by-step on how to achieve a modern take on the red lips and shimmery eyes of Holidays past. This look is about showing off that inner glow (with the help of a great blush and a rose lippy). Think pretty-in-pink meets metallic cat-eye.

The Look: Katherine McPhee at the Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting Ceremony (how suiting!)

“A lot of people think about shimmery eyeshadows and red lips or very blushy faces for Holiday,” notes Beau. “Instead, try a more modern approach by using a sophisticated micro-glitter product on the eyes and pair that with creamy looking skin with subtle shimmer on the cheekbones. Keep lips matte in a natural rosey shade. I created a similar look for Katherine McPhee at the Rockefeller Center Tree lighting ceremony.”

How-To:

“I started by applying Shu Uemura Nobara stick foundation with the Urban Decay Good Karma Blush Brush in small circular motions, buffing the product into the skin wherever needed, and then used Kett Creme Fix makeup as concealer in spots that needed additional coverage.

On cheeks, I contoured using MAC Pro Painstick in Deep Brown on a soft brush and then applied Tom Ford Love Lust blush to the apples of the cheeks.

I filled in brows using Kevyn Aucoin precision brow pencil in brunette and applied Anastasia clear brow gel to keep them in place.

On lips, I used Joe Fresh Matte Lipstick in Rose.

On eyes, I used Chanel Illusion D’ombre in Fantasme all over the lid (this can be used over any eyeshadow or on bare lids to add sparkle to any look). NARS Blondie Eyeshadow was blended into the crease for a bit of depth and on the under lashline as well. I then applied Covergirl LineExact Liquid Liner in Black to the lash line starting very thin at the inner corner and gradually thickening towards the outer eye, ending in a flick at the end. I also applied Covergirl Lashblast Mascara in Black.”

Stephanie+Winston+Wolkoff+attends+Evening+sHGnDmJ5ipul

Girl Crush: Jessica Alba

By | celebrity looks | 3 Comments

This is a double girl crush: Love Jessica Alba and love Jen Atkin… put them together and it’s a full blown love affair – which is exactly how I felt when I first saw this picture of Jessica from An Evening With Ralph Lauren hosted by the one and only, Ms. Oprah Winfrey.

It’s no secret that Jessica Alba is super hot. It’s also no secret that Jen Atkin is one of my favorite hair stylist on earth. So, obvs I love love love this hair! The perfect updo with class sans the stuffiness. Tres glam.

Here’s how to get the look:

Inspiration: A Chinese-inspired, classy updo with an Asian twist

The Look: Prep the hair by applying a wave spray, such as Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, throughout the

hair to give it volume and texture. Blow dry the hair all the way through using a round brush. When the hair is fully
dry, use a 1 inch curling iron create loose thick curls throughout the hair to infuse body. Separate the bang section and
create a strong part to one side, putting the rest of the hair in a low ponytail and secure with a bungee band. On the
ends of the hair, apply KeSARI Indian Oil Hair Serum to make the hair glossy and smooth. To create the up do, take
large sections of the hair and twist them up. Secure each twist using French hair pins. To finish off the look, apply a
small amount the KeSARI Indian Oil Hair Serum into the bangs and on the sides of the hair to maximize shine.

Jen’s Thoughts: “The KeSARI oil is perfect for red carpet events because it does an excellent job of keeping the hair healthy
and shiny, especially when cameras hit it!”

Real Life Look: Wear an updo to a black tie event, dinner party or wedding.

Mann Chinese 6 Theater

Girl Crush: Kat Dennings from ‘2 Broke Girls’

By | celebrity looks | 2 Comments

With a super cool new TV show (2 Broke Girls‘ by the super cool Whitney Cummings and even cooler Michael Patrick King – yep, of  Sex and the City fame) and a super cool and fresh look, Kat Dennings is taking girlie-coolness to an entirely new level.

Okay. I promise not to say cool again for the remainder of this post. (I think I ran up my cool quota).

At 26 (ish), she’s already had roles in movies like The House Bunny and Nick and Norah’s Infinite Play List, and a guest spot on ER, but with 2 Broke Girls, we’re banking on Kat becoming a full blown star (and style icon). She’s so awesome looking (I really wanted to use c**l, but I refrained) with her plump lips, bedroom blue eyes, dark hair and pale skin – she reminds me of a really hip Vampire mixed with a bit of Elvira. I’m thinking she’s on her way to becoming the poster child for the young, hip and unconventionally pretty (which is another reason that I’m crushing on her!).

Here are two looks from Kat – one is with understated makeup, the other is a dramatic, metallic phenom.

Get the Look: Understated

This is all about a matte lip and thick eye liner. A little rosy blush on the cheeks and you’re good to go.

Products to Try: Shiseido’s Perfect Rouge Glowing Matte in Wink, a deep beige/ light brown but still natural. CoverGirl Line Exact Liquid Liner in Black – the best and most affordable liquid liner that makes lining your lids easy breazey. Creates quite the cat eye, too. For the cheeks, try Smashbox Blush Rush in Flush, a petal pink/ dusty rose hue. Apply sparingly for the slightest, flirty flush.

Get The Look: Metallic Goddess

How fab is this face?! Metallicy bronzes for the eyes complimented by a metallic, shimmering brick red, slightly glossy lip. It’s so tastefully downtown-dramatic. Bold metallic against bold metallic – love, love, love it; inspiring! (May even wear a similar look tonight)!

Products to Try: For the eyes, go with Bobbi Brown’s Bronze Tortoiseshell Eye Palette, 8 shimmering hues ranging from gold to copper to bronze. Mix them up to create an overextended gilded smoky eye. As for lips, try Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Beranice, a metallic poppy red. To get the deeper brick shade, mix with Illamasqua Lipstick in Encounter, a matte brick red.

Which look are you loving?