Category:  body

BACK FROM BRITAIN

By | body, makeup | 12 Comments

My internet connection wasn’t working properly but I’m back in the states and ready to dish on my fave british products!!!

Jo Malone French Lime Blossom Bath Oil – Superbly subtle and soft. The perfect addition to a lovely bubble bath in London’s regal Dorchester Hotel (where I stayed). Jo Malone is best known for their yummy candles but the bath oil is where it’s at!

You can’t go to London and not buy something from London beauty megahouse, Rimmel. (Kate Moss does the ads??? Ring a bell?) Well, my favorite product from Rimmel is their fabulous eyeliner. Not to mention, the prices are so reasonable, you can actually stock up ten at a time! Try Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black, a perfect basic that will make your eyes pop! Hey, if it’s good enough for Kate Moss, it’s good enough for me!

Boots Cucumber Facial Wipes, my new obsession. Everything that Boots makes rocks, and it’s pretty damn cheap, but you must try these cleansing wipes! I use them to clean my make-up brushes. Ever since my friend Kim made me anal about clean brushes, I now clean my brushes after every application. And it actually does help the make-up application process!
Also to try:Boots Coconut & Almond Oil Creme Shower: Smells so fabulous and it’s only about 3 dollars!!!
P.S. Boots is an ultra famous pharmacy chain in London, England and their products are simply divinie!

Ok, more to come tomorrow… I’m so tired, I must sleep…. jet lag!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Body Is Your Temple…

By | body | 3 Comments

I have just discovered the most incredible new line of body products. Wel,, new to the United States. They’ve been around Italy for ages. But now, finally, they are avialable through drugstore.com.
Yes!
Cleo body products are fun, affordable and deliciously scented! As the company says, ““The Italian bath and body line is infused with natural moisturizing extracts from yogurt to continually improve the texture and elasticity of your skin.”
I tried the Showercream in RED FRUITS and the KARITE BUTTER Body Cream. The showercream lathered perfectly but it also moisturized. I didn’t leave the shower feeling dry or chapped. I immediately soaked my body in the Body Cream and, let me tell you, this is a gift from God. It is thick, rich, super hyrdrating and, best of all, the scent isn’t so overwhelming, but rather light and a little mysterious. AND I didn’t ahve to reapply throughout the day. The cream actually kept my skin moisturized! This is definitely a new favorite!

Try the entire line – it is affordable and a real treat for your temple (body!)

Bath Time is Fun Time

By | body | No Comments

From Fellow Beauty Whore, Di Gaeta:
(recommendations for a divinely blissfull bathing experience…)

“If I learned anything this Valentine’s Day, it’s that beauty is all about the bath. Besides being a great place to distress, which we all know is the best way to avoid those dreaded wrinkles, it’s a great place to exfoliate. I’m all about exfoliation, as you devout beauty bloggers know, and I’ve found the greatest one of all time. Everything I’m about to share with you, by the way, is courtesy of the geniuses behind the Standard Hotel in downtown, LA, one of my favorite places to stay.
So, I begin my bath with a good old-fashioned classic: Mr. Bubbles. Yes, ladies, this childhood best is still just as good as you remember… with a sexy, hot pink bottle and a scent of cherries, clean laundry, and bubble gum.
Once you’ve soaked till your pruney, pull out a jar of C.O.Bigelow’s Lemon Sugar Body Scrub. This little jar of heaven leaves you brightened and moisturized. Once you’ve gotten out and lightly towel dried, follow it all with C.O. Bigelow’s Lemon Body Cream. This Stuff is so thick and perfect for winter and I’m not exaggerating when I tell you it smells exactly like a lemon sugar pie. Yummy!

Till next week, you little pretties……

Xoxo Di”

Di in the bath

Fellow Beauty Whore Recommendation… AFTER-SUN COOLING GEL

By | body | 5 Comments

A must-try by a fellow beauty whore….
“First off, I love your blog, you’re the shit, and I read it religiously.

Secondly: I just bought an after-sun product that is absolutely
fantastic…I had to share it with you; it’s called Yoghurt Cooling Gel by Korres(you can find it at Sephora). I even use it after
waxing…it takes the redness away and almost immediately cools your
skin. I have an olive complexion, so I don’t really get burned, BUT,
it also helps keep your tan a lot longer than most products by
increasing the water content of the top layers of the skin. Seriously,
phenomenal; and for $23.50, it’s a steal for what it does, trust me.
Try it out…I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!”
(via email)

Although I have yet to try this cooling gel, I do believe that I have it stuffed away in one of my dozen boxes filled with beauty products… I’m gonna try it out and let you know.

Have any beauty recommendations? Email us at beautybanter@gmail.com!

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | body, weekly must-have | 6 Comments

Did you know that your elbows are a tell-tale sign of your age? Dry Elbows = Aging Mamasita.
Try moisturizing AT LEAST twice a day… after a shower all over… and at least once before bedtime in the most intimate of areas – hands, feet and elbows. My pick for best hydration AND cleanest smell (not like a perfume) is Biotherm’s Lait Corporel Anti-Drying Body Milk. It’s light weight and non-greasy, and it smells like a freshly cut orange peel.
A word (or several…) from the company:
This everyday body milk provides three-way action to repair flaky skin, restore skin’s protective barrier and protect its natural elasticity. With its silky texture the lotion penetrates easily into skin, helping it recover a smooth and satiny appearance.

The best twenty bucks you will EVER spend on your body!!!

Coconut + Vanilla = Divine Bliss

By | body | 5 Comments

Bath and Body Works can be credited for making bath time a little more splendid. From their self named body care line, to the all-natural C.O. Bigelow products, Bath and Body Works has earned a place on each of our product shelves.
Their latest creation, Ile de Tahiti, is the newly launched end-all to dry skin.
As the company states,
Tamanu nut is known throughout the islands to soothe and heal the skin; it falls naturally from the sacred ™Tree of 1000 Virtues™
Monoi de Tahiti is also known to the people of Tahiti as ™Sacred Oil™; this native island recipe of coconut oil and Tiare flower has long been used to hydrate the skin and hair
Tiare Flower is like an open window on a warm Tahitian night: Precious Tiare Gardenia is entwined with crushed Bamboo wrapped by exotic Ylang-Ylang, tropical Frangipani and opulent Tuberose, then warmed.

With such exotic ingredients, it’s no wonder that the Ile de Tahiti collection smells and feels like a day in the tropics… a blend of coconut and vanilla linger long after bath time.
My favorite product is the Hohonu Tamanoi Balm (right). Although I can’t pronounce the name, the creamy ointment not only smelled delicious, it also hydrated one-hundred times better then any lotion. Try using it after shaving, it’s like a natural soother for sensitive, chapped skin.
I also recommend, the Hua’I Coconut Scrub (left). It contains coconut pulp and vanilla beans to exfolliate and Tamanoi nut oil to moisturize. Trust me when I say, it smells good enough to eat (but don’t…)!!!

The Post Gobble Blues…

By | body | One Comment

I Ate Too Much Turkey

by Jack Prelutsky

I ate too much turkey,
I ate too much corn,
I ate too much pudding and pie,
I’m stuffed up with muffins
and much too much stuffin’,
I’m probably going to die.
I piled up my plate
and I ate and I ate,
but I wish I had known when to stop,
for I’m so crammed with yams,
sauces, gravies, and jams
that my buttons are starting to pop.
I’m full of tomatoes
and french fried potatoes,
my stomach is swollen and sore,
but there’s still some dessert,
so I guess it won’t hurt
if I eat just a little bit more.

One of my favorite childhood poems, and it has never rang so true as it does today. I spent the day in bed, trying desperately to will the food away from my thighs. Got up at about 2:30 and decided to take a shower. Wanted to try a new shower gel and ended up finding an anti-cellulite cream. If God speaks in symbols and signs, then God is screaming at me. So, I’ve decided to give it a try. The instructions say to use religiously for one month, twice a day, rubbing the effected area with upward motions. Today is day 1… I’ll check in again at around day 30 and tell you how my thighs are looking.
In the meantime, if you wanna try along with me, purchase a tube of Nuxe Tonific Minceur Ant-Cullulite Cream-Gel.
Here’s what the company says:
Nuxe TONIFIC® MINCEUR Anti-Cellulite Cream-Gel is a patented breakthrough that helps improve the appearance of Cellulite with an active ingredient of caffeine, which is one the best fat-fighting agents on the market today. Boosted by jangli seeds, derived from an Indian plant used in ayurvedic medicine, this cream-gel offers optimum anti-cellulite performance. The exclusive combination helps encourage the elimination of fatty deposits, peruvian Liana helps prevent new deposits from forming, while amazonian plants help tone skin. Apply morning and night, massaging with an upward motion focusing on specific areas, (thighs, buttocks, hips, stomach, etc.).

The results of an independent clinical study of 113 women found that after one month of applying the product twice a day 79% noticed a reduction in the appearance of cellulite, 86% noticed a reduction in the look of sponginess, and 84% noticed a reduction in the look of orange peel skin.

I’m not going to lie, I’ve always been a little suspect when companies boast about the “wrinkle eraser” or “celulite stopper” but hey, who am I to disobey God’s intentions?

1 MONTH… it’s on!

BODY BUTTER MAKES IT ALL BETTER

By | body | 6 Comments

Sage-Onyx Body Cream
MUST TRY body cream… don’t you wanna be all buttery? With black coconut (I only knew of white ones…), tobacco (like the kind you smoke? – and all along we are led to believe that smoking is BAD for the skin…), vanilla (yummy), amber and sheer musks, this lotion not only moisturizes, it actually smells divine!
Try it and let us know!!!