Beautiful Brows For Under $20

a-guide-to-cool-cindy-crawford-folkr-blog-photo-mode-17

Beautiful Brows For Under $20

The amount of time – and money – I spend on creating full, shapely brows is ridiculous and, apparently, unnecessary. Sure, I can throw a serum on night after night, thread, wax, trim, and, of course, hope and pray that the brow Gods grace me with Cindy Crawford circa-1990 arches (yes, Cindy’s shapely arches preceded those of Gigi’s!). But if I’m being totally honest, I know — as I’m sure we all do — that, while I’ve been blessed with certain genetics, great brows isn’t one of them (teenage over-plucking certainly didn’t help). Alas, I will always have to turn to pencils, powders, pomades, and gels to create the illusion of pretty – and powerful – brows.

Acceptance is key, ladies. After that, it’s all about choosing the right products, without spending a fortune. Here, the three wonder items I’m using to work my brow game, all for $20...total!

Brow gel is probably the most essential product in the hunt for beautiful brows. And we’ve tried them all. While we have moments of obsession with specific brands and formulas (Benefit’s Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel ($12) is fab for a tinted brow gel that actually creates the illusion of thicker arches). But, alas, a clear gel is key for everyday wear. And if you want to create a new shape a la the help of a pencil, adding a tinted gel is overkill, so clear gel comes in handy. Rimmel Brow This Way Brow Styling Gel ($4) is, by far, the best brow gel we have ever used. It has a tiny applicator so it glides on just the brows… and not the skin around the brows. The formula is strong, holding hairs in place, but not crunchy (big plus!). And it doesn’t turn white or flake off (you know when your brows look like they’re in the midst of a dandruff crisis? This stuff won’t do that). Just over $4 a pop, we buy in bulk and you should too. You’re welcome.

We’re obsessed with brow wax as a way to keep brows in place after-hours (think of it as training the hairs when you’re chilling at home or even sleeping). Ardell Brow Grooming Pencil ($7) is formulated with moisturizing oils to condition and repair, while the wax tames wonky strays. You can use this in place of a brow gel; it’s definitely more malleable – or, do as we do, and alternate between the two products. The wax creates a soft shape without the harshness of gel, which can look like hairs are glued in place.

On the recent cover of Harper’s Bazaar (June 2017), Gigi Hadid’s makeup artist credits her beautiful brows as the result of Maybelline’s Eye Studio Brow Precise Micro Pencil ($7). Disclaimer: Genetics probably play a role in those gorgeous arches, and she’s also the Maybelline spokeswoman. But many a celebrity have gushed over their love for this cult product… and for good reason. It comes in four colors and has an ultra thin tip so you can feather into sparse areas with precision, sans the streaky, thick strokes. The formula has serious staying power and yet it’s easily layered for natural-looking brows to dramatic arches. Totally up to you. The price tag is merely a bonus.

Shop The Post: