Bathing Beauty: Harley Viera Newton
In honor of Fashion Week, here is an exclusive interview with one of NYC’s most stylish “it” girls, Harley Viera Newton. Model. DJ. Dior Ambassador. The life of Newton is both exciting and exhausting. Between appearances and DJ gigs at some of the city’s hottest venues, Newton is a highly in-demand New York City It Girl. And when she’s not spinning tunes or showing face, this LA native is hanging with the other cool kids of NYC…
Despite her night owl hours, Harley has flawless skin. Naturally, we had to know her secrets. We asked her our favorite beauty questions… here are the answers:
What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1. Cle de Peau Concealer: works so well on under eye dark circles which I have all the time thanks to working in nightlife
2. Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm: It moisturizes like a chap stick but also brings out the natural hues in your lips, a great replacement for a lipstick or tint
3. Shu Uemura Eyelash curler: If I have no time to put makeup on I just curl my lashes with this curler and it makes a huge difference
4. Dior DiorSkin Poudre Shimmer 002: The best blush/bronzer ever. I use it to define my cheeks but also all over my face to add a bronzey-shimmer. Any of my friends who have tried it immediately go and buy it.
5. L’Oreal Infallible Never-Fail Black Eyeliner: A great dark eyeliner that has a little brush on its tip to help shape/ smudge eyes.
What is your all-time favorite product?
Egyptian Magic. It’s a balm that’s good for literally everything… nails, hair, chapped lips, dry skin, blemishes, everything!
What product do you buy in bulk?
Favorite body product?
Hermes Eau D’ Orange Verte soap
Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
Dry hair shampoo for when you don’t have time to wash your hair! The Rene Furterer one is amaaaaazing.
Beauty icon you admire?
Brigette Bardot. Her eye makeup was always so killer.
*images courtesy of Harley Viera Newton.